Author Topic: Why Democrats are scared  (Read 76 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Democrats are scared
« on: March 04, 2021, 02:49:36 pm »
March 4, 2021
Why Democrats are scared
By Patricia McCarthy

Not everyone is aware that the journalist Ambrose Bierce (1842–1914) wrote short stories, poems, and fables.  His best known story, "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," is perhaps the most famous. It was an episode of Twilight Zone and is included in many anthologies of American literature.  He was a prolific man of letters.  His Devil's Dictionary was named one of the top one hundred masterpieces of American literature.

Few people remember his fables, which are less well known than Aesop's but just as wise and just as biting.  One of them is entitled "Alarm and Pride."  It is a perfectly apt description of what Americans today face with the leftists now in control of all three branches of government.  Here it is:

"GOOD-MORNING, my friend," said Alarm to Pride; "how are you this morning?"

"Very tired," replied Pride, seating himself on a stone by the wayside and mopping his steaming brow. "The politicians are wearing me out by pointing to their dirty records with ME, when they could as well use a stick."

Alarm sighed sympathetically, and said:

"It is pretty much the same way here. Instead of using an opera-glass they view the acts of their opponents with ME!" As these patient drudges were mingling their tears, they were notified that they must go on duty again, for one of the political parties had nominated a thief and was about to hold a gratification meeting.

Bierce's little parable describes our plight in the face of the tsunami of leftist abrogation of our Constitution since they illicitly took power.  Not even their mouthpieces in the media believe that Biden won the election fair and square.  That is why they protest so hysterically when anyone states the obvious.  That is why there are seven or eight thousand National Guard troops stationed as props around the Capitol in D.C.  As Devin Nunes remarked, it is a Hollywood production, all for show, a pseudo-event meant to send a particular message: we are running the show now.  You will do as we say, and you'll like it.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/why_democrats_are_scared.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34