Author Topic: Fifth House Republican comes out in support of bipartisan infrastructure bill  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fifth House Republican comes out in support of bipartisan infrastructure bill
By Joseph Choi - 09/23/21 03:04 PM EDT

Rep. Don Bacon came out in support of the bipartisan infrastructure bill on Thursday, becoming the fifth House Republican to do so.

The five Republicans are backing the Senate-passed bill despite the fact that their leadership team is whipping members against it.

"First of all, I think we need hard infrastructure. I worked on this bill from the beginning as part of the Problem Solvers so it's been a half-Republican, half-Democrat effort," Bacon told reporters. "I think it's an area we can show Congress working."

Bacon also said he thought it was wrong for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to "pick this fight." McCarthy criticized the bill as not being bipartisan.

Democrats are scrambling to reach a deal within their own House caucus that would ensure the infrastructure bill passes the House next week.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/573679-house-republican-comes-out-in-support-of-bipartisan-infrastructure-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Somebody get a rope.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yet another successful instance at guessing the source of an article before clicking the Topic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

As if they don't know...it will also destroy them.  Not just us peons. 

Offline Longiron

Still think their is a 2 party system?? The Republicans the opposition Party. How much more will it take for people to realize that their is only ONE UNIPARTY. Until the R party is GONE and a real opposition party is formed just continue to bend over unless it is something CONSERVATIVE and the R party will fight thru hell and high water to WIN :chairbang:

Offline bilo

Last I looked Cheney and Kinzinger are still in the Pub caucus, so why not break ranks and give the Rats a big win.

At times like this it can seem so hopeless, but I will just keep fighting on.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
EVERY Republican voting in favor of this phony infrastructure bill should be primaried out of office.