Author Topic: Sheila Jackson Lee: Republicans Engaged in ‘War on Black People’ Voting  (Read 878 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sheila Jackson Lee: Republicans Engaged in ‘War on Black People’ Voting

Pam Key 2 Mar 2021

Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) said Tuesday on CNN’s “Tonight” that the Republican Party was engaged in “a war on black people as it relates to voting.”

Anchor Don Lemon said, “The Supreme Court is hearing arguments today that could weaken voting rights in Arizona. Major push nationwide to make it harder for people to vote. What does this mean particularly for black voters?”

Jackson Lee said, “Well, I think tragically we have not had this historic opposition to our rights since slavery, during the Jim Crow days and of course the harshness of the 1960s. The tragedy of this is an entire party, the Republican Party, is committed to voter suppression, committed to avoiding the opportunity of votes. Donald Trump laid out he only wants one day for votes. They don’t want opportunities for absentee ballot, extended voting, same-day registration, all things that empower young people and people of color, African-Americans.”

She continued, “This is a war on black people as it relates to voting. Unfortunately, it seems to Supreme Court is going to participate with this seemingly intended decision to narrow the only remaining aspect of the Voting Right Act, Section 2, which we are trying to fix with the John Robert Lewis legislation in HR4. This is a fight for democracy, a fight for justice, and an opportunity or a desire or a need to restore the voting rights to people of color and particularly black people. We will not allow this to happen under the Biden administration and the Democratic House and Senate. It’s tragic that Republicans want to take that stand because they can’t win fairly. They can’t draw people to their positions. They are now trying to suppress the votes.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/02/sheila-jackson-lee-republicans-engaged-in-war-on-black-people-voting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The rats are satan's spawn. There's a millstone and a really deep spot in the ocean in every one of their futures.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sheila Jackson Lee claims rioters in Portland were ‘people wanting good things to happen’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/03/sheila-jackson-lee-claims-rioters-in-portland-were-people-wanting-good-things-to-happen-1037468/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Sheila Jackson Lee: Republicans Engaged in ‘War on Black People’ Voting

They don’t want opportunities for absentee ballot, extended voting, same-day registration, all things that empower young people and people of color, African-Americans.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/02/sheila-jackson-lee-republicans-engaged-in-war-on-black-people-voting/

Why? Because young people, people of color can’t plan ahead? Because they don’t understand the burdensome ( *****rollingeyes***** ) qualifications in order to vote? Who’s the real racist here, “Shirley” Jackson Lee?
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
The rats are satan's spawn. There's a millstone and a really deep spot in the ocean in every one of their futures.
A really deep spot that leads to an opening in the tectonic plates!

Offline skeeter

A really deep spot that leads to an opening in the tectonic plates!
:yowsa:

Online Hoodat

Why? Because young people, people of color can’t plan ahead? Because they don’t understand the burdensome ( *****rollingeyes***** ) qualifications in order to vote? Who’s the real racist here, “Shirley” Jackson Lee?

That's a BINGO.  The bigotry of low expectations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

A war with absolutely no casualties. Go figure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

City student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

I seem to recall a certain Republican House candidate who pointed out the malaise of Baltimore and her willingness to fix it.  She was soundly defeated by Baltimore voters.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:28:06 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

Voting is a privilege of citizenship, not an unqualified right.

This means: one person, one vote, on one day, at one place, and that includes absentee ballots for those who qualify under objective standards.

Anything else is an invitation to fraud, corruption and social unrest. As we have now seen.

As for the estimable Ms. Lee, she ought to know that there was in fact a "War on Black People".

It was called "The Great Society".

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What does this bat brain say about black Republicans?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Very few women in congress have gone further with less mental equipment than Sheila.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

She's as useless as a midget with a yo-yo.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
She's as useless as a midget with a yo-yo.
No Lee is more useless, a midget could always stand on a box and play with the yo-yo but Lee will never ever increase her IQ even a single digit.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I bet she loves having the last name of the famous confederate general.  Maybe she should cancel herself in the vain of the cancel culture,
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 02:52:32 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline GrouchoTex

That's a BINGO.  The bigotry of low expectations.

Exactly right.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Racist, racist,racist, Instituting laws that interfere with those that want to engage in election theft !  The owned, on the plantation, sure work hard for the massa, eh?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Are the states waging war on blacks by requiring them to present ID to buy Colt 45 malt liquor?

Is war being waged on blacks to show ID when they apply for welfare?

Is it war when they have to show ID to open a bank account?  To apply for an apartment?   To buy airline tickets?  To cash a check?  To get a cell phone activated?   

Shouldn't dumb broads like Lee be required to live in the same districts her congressional seat is covering?  I don't know about Mrs. Moon Flag, but Maxine Waters, someone almost as dumb, doesn't live in her district.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Let's end this nonsense now.  I say let every black person have two votes, and if they are biracial, they can have three votes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She needs some new material. That's what she was barking about 75 years ago,when she was still a puppy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

This is what  a 'War on black people voting' really looks like:

More fine moments in Democrat Party history.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats figured out is was easier to own plantation blacks rather than fight, lynch them.  Black lives are often still poor, and democrats manipulate them with false hate and token Uncle Tom plantation leaders.  The few, well paid, are glad to sell out the average black person.  Trump freeing many blacks from joblessness made democrats go ballastic.  Race pimps saved the democrats, not that it will much benefit black leaders.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Democrats figured out is was easier to own plantation blacks rather than fight, lynch them.  Black lives are often still poor, and democrats manipulate them with false hate and token Uncle Tom plantation leaders.  The few, well paid, are glad to sell out the average black person.  Trump freeing many blacks from joblessness made democrats go ballastic.  Race pimps saved the democrats, not that it will much benefit black leaders.

@christian

Sadly,all true.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!