Author Topic: Will the states save us from a corrupted GOP?  (Read 157 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will the states save us from a corrupted GOP?
« on: March 02, 2021, 02:08:06 pm »
March 2, 2021
Will the states save us from a corrupted GOP?
By Robert Arvay

President Trump said, at CPAC, that he does not support the idea of leaving the Republican Party to form another one.  I understand his reasoning, but I am very skeptical that we can work within the party to successfully reform it.  I will leave one caveat: the states may be able to do it.  Here is my reasoning. 

The Republican senators had their Bunker Hill (Breed's Hill) moments.  They had many opportunities to save the nation.  Save for but a few, they ran away every time.  From November 4 until January 6, the GOP senators could have, at any moment, demanded that the allegations of voter fraud be given a full, fair, and public hearing.  They had the muscle, but not the will.  They sniveled.  They abandoned the nation to the most devastating crime in our history — not only to the fraud itself, but to the predictable and devastating consequences of installing a Biden administration.  They all but invited the barbarians in, and now we will suffer the results. 

There remain a few heroic figures, some in the Senate, many in the House, but they are too few at the moment to stop the final destruction of our nation.  They will remain too few unless improbable remedies are achieved.  If they are not, then the 2022 elections will be every bit as vulnerable, indeed more so, to the same exact techniques that stole our votes in the first place.  To hear RINO senators now boast of what they are going to do in 2022 is to hear them say, "Yeah, those thieves are lucky I didn't step in when I could have — but next time, oh yeah, just wait until next time.  I'll show them.  They'll be sorry next time." 

The sad fact is, too many in the GOP are comfortably ensconced in the swamp of national politics.  They will resist any attempt to shake up the system in which they got elected, and in which they are making their personal fortunes.  They have demonstrated for all to see, that they are perfectly willing to see the "forgotten men and women" who elected Trump — twice — forgotten again.  Those RINO politicians expect a return to the heady days when they could promise everything and deliver nothing, and still get voted into office by a desperate public that saw no better alternative. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/will_the_states_save_us_from_a_corrupted_gop.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Will the states save us from a corrupted GOP?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 02:11:28 pm »
Well,I would LOVE to argue with that,I really would..

Or at least SOME of it

But.........
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:54:42 pm »
The traditional-freedom (aka "red") states CAN save themselves (and us).

By doing what the Colonists did when rule by Great Britain became intolerable.

That is to say, they convened "A Continental Congress" to meet and decide how to deal with the increasingly-untenable rule of England over them.

The time is drawing nigh for traditional-minded Americans to once again contemplate the need for a "New Continental Congress".

Unlike an Article V "Convention of the States", such a Congress can be convened without the blessings or authority of the sitting DC government, and may choose to move in whatever direction its members decide...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 12:04:41 am »

That is to say, they convened "A Continental Congress" to meet and decide how to deal with the increasingly-untenable rule of England over them.

The time is drawing nigh for traditional-minded Americans to once again contemplate the need for a "New Continental Congress".

Unlike an Article V "Convention of the States", such a Congress can be convened without the blessings or authority of the sitting DC government, and may choose to move in whatever direction its members decide...

Risky. I'd like to see states starting to make demands and seceding from the Union.

Too many people though are still thinking that the GOP has a shot at taking over with a majority in '22.  Hopefully common sense will hit them on the side of the head.

Here comes the arrows and spears -- IMHO Trump's remarks didn't touch upon how to resolve another election being stolen, nor the GOP voters outnumbered by those granted amnesty. 

CPAC provided a curtain of false hope and no one laid out a pathway to a resolution.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 12:08:48 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 01:29:16 am »

Ya.

There's no constitutional authority for that.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 02:50:44 am »
The dog growled:
"There's no constitutional authority for that."

Nor does there need to be.
How much "constitutional authority" was there for the first Continental Congress?
And what came of that...?