Author Topic: Capitol riot hearing: FBI Director Wray says no evidence Antifa, 'fake Trump supporters' involved  (Read 491 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Capitol riot hearing: FBI Director Wray says no evidence Antifa, 'fake Trump supporters' involved
Fox News, Mar 2, 2021

FBI Director Chris Wray testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday that the bureau, to date, has not found any evidence showing Antifa members or "fake Trump supporters" participated in the Capitol riot.

Clarifying that the FBI does not evaluate perpetrators based on a left or right political spectrum, Wray testified that it’s clear a large and growing number of those arrested so far in connection to Jan. 6 could be categorized as militia violent extremists or racially motivated extremists, naming both the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys groups.

In response to a question from Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., Wray clarified that FBI's ongoing investigations have not found Antifa involvement.

"We have not to date seen any evidence of anarchist violent extremists or people subscribing to Antifa," Wray said. "That doesn’t mean we’re not looking and we will continue to look."

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., asked Wray to clarify rumors circulating online that "fake Trump supporters" might have infiltrated crowds that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 in an effort to disparage the former president.

"Do you have any evidence that the Capitol attack was organized by ‘fake Trump protesters?'" Durbin asked. To that, Wray responded, "We have not seen evidence of that at this stage."

Wray also declined to disclose or confirm the cause of death for Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-director-wray-capitol-riot-senate-hearing

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The DOJ is corrupt and Wray is part of that corruption.   9999hair out0000
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It is an absolute fact that you can never find ANYTHING you refuse to look for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

The DOJ is corrupt and Wray is part of that corruption.   9999hair out0000

:amen:

Why would I believe what any federal agency says. They lie.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Josh Hawley on @OANN: "We learned very little today from Director Wray. We can't get straight answers from the FBI. We are due here for a bit of a reckoning to hold them accountable."

5:16 PM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1366875070489067522

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
:amen:

Why would I believe what any federal agency says. They lie.

Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy

"In any bureaucracy, the people devoted to the benefit of the bureaucracy itself always get in control and those dedicated to the goals the bureaucracy is supposed to accomplish have less and less influence, and sometimes are eliminated entirely."

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

The new Attorney General wannabe:   pointing-down

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Garland's incoming team is already laying the groundwork for investigations into Trump supporters who weren't even present on Jan 6th.

Jake Sullivan urging Biden to accept the Garland approach to dealing with Trump supporters, per senior WH official. Wray also on board.

5:22 PM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1366876687447769090

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Biden staff already talking about plans to turn Jan 6 into another 9/11. Plan to hold events on the anniversary next year, per WH official. Want to open investigations of prominent Trump supporters, groups, and media outlets.

5:28 PM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1366878176035692550

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 11:31:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

People really don't yet fully grasp how hard the Biden Administration & their allies in the Swamp are going to crack down on Trump supporters.

5:26 PM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1366877491449659393

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ahm shocked!

SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy

"In any bureaucracy, the people devoted to the benefit of the bureaucracy itself always get in control and those dedicated to the goals the bureaucracy is supposed to accomplish have less and less influence, and sometimes are eliminated entirely."

Would that be Jerry Pournelle?

BassWrangler

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

People really don't yet fully grasp how hard the Biden Administration & their allies in the Swamp are going to crack down on Trump supporters.

5:26 PM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1366877491449659393

They don't even really need to crack down that hard. Just by making these noises, they will achieve their goal of scaring them into silence. They will make people afraid to openly support Trump, or a similar candidate in the future. They will make people afraid to work for a Trump administration. They will pave the way to silence conservative news media.

Online mountaineer

It is an absolute fact that you can never find ANYTHING you refuse to look for!
Exactly what Mr. M and I said to one another when we saw a video clip on the news of Wray's comment.
A big, "well, duuhhhhh," and no one dares challenge him on it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Exactly what Mr. M and I said to one another when we saw a video clip on the news of Wray's comment.
A big, "well, duuhhhhh," and no one dares challenge him on it?

Lies from deep staters are par for the course. But where is a single republican to call them out?

Online mountaineer

Bernard B. Kerik   @BernardKerik

How could Wray not know this? The FBI arrested him!

11:25 AM · Mar 3, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Bernard B. Kerik   @BernardKerik

How could Wray not know this? The FBI arrested him!

11:25 AM · Mar 3, 2021

- J. R. R. Tolkien

One of Trumps deplorable
@JeannieGiering

Wray, “ There’s no evidence that BLM/Antifa dressed up like Trump supporters.

9:24 PM · Mar 2, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JeannieGiering/status/1366937581452226560