Author Topic: The Air Force’s Secret New Fighter Jet Will Give Enemies Hell. But There's a Catch.  (Read 310 times)

Online corbe

The Air Force’s Secret New Fighter Jet Will Give Enemies Hell. But There's a Catch.

Can the U.S. field its next-gen tech before those enemies field their own?

BY KYLE MIZOKAMI
MAR 2, 2021

NORTHROP GRUMMAN

An Air Force General has touted the technology that powers its secret new fighter jet, promising it will give adversaries a “tough war.”

The General says the Air Force will field the next-gen tech—if Congress is willing to pay for it.

The Pentagon is bracing for a fierce defense budget battle in the near future.

The head of the U.S. Air Force’s Air Combat Command says he’s confident the service will field the technology behind its secret new fighter jet—if the U.S. is willing to come on board

Gen. Mark Kelly’s unprompted statement about the future of the Air Force’s Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program likely presages the coming battle over the direction of the national defense budget, and which programs the Pentagon will prioritize over others.

In a media roundtable, Gen. Kelly said NGAD could become a deployable system that would give adversaries “a very tough day and tough week and tough war,” per Defense News. But Gen. Kelly implied the key ingredient was a commitment to actually field the system—i.e. money:
“What I don’t know—and we’re working with our great partners—is if our nation will have the courage and the focus to field this capability before someone like the Chinese fields it and uses it against us.”
<..snip..>

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a35686286/air-force-secret-new-fighter-jet-timeline-new-comments/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, I do not expect the Biden MalAdministration to have the will to pursue this, nor to resist fellow Dems' natural attempts to gut defense programs to fund social programs and greendoggles.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IMO, I do not expect the Biden MalAdministration to have the will to pursue this, nor to resist fellow Dems' natural attempts to gut defense programs to fund social programs and greendoggles.
I would rather expect the Democrats and other swampsters to sell off critical bits of that technology to potential enemies for personal gain and political capital.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis