Author Topic: Cuomo's troubles deepen as N.Y. attorney general seeks subpoena power in sex harassment probe By Jo  (Read 506 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Cuomo's troubles deepen as N.Y. attorney general seeks subpoena power in sex harassment probe

Governor admits some behavior with women was "insensitive or too personal" as he yields control of probe to Letitia James.

By John Solomon

Updated: February 28, 2021 - 11:53pm

After a rollercoaster weekend of reversals, recriminations and apologies, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's legal troubles are deepening as New York's top law enforcement officer prepares to secure subpoena powers to investigate allegations of sexual harassment.

Attorney General Letitia James, a Democrat, announced Sunday night she will deputize an outside law firm to investigate the allegations by two former Cuomo aides after the governor's effort to fashion his own investigation led by a former federal judge backfired.

"We expect to receive a referral with subpoena power to investigate allegations of sexual harassment against the governor, in line with our demands and New York state law," James said in a statement released on Twitter. "The referral would be made solely to the attorney general's office.

"We will hire a law firm, deputize them as attorneys of our office, and oversee a rigorous and independent investigation."

The announcement came just hours after Cuomo, facing dual scandals involving sexual harassment and COVID-19-related nursing home deaths, issued an apology and conceded his behavior with some female aides may have been improper or made the women feel uncomfortable.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/cuomos-troubles-deepen-ny-attorney-general-seeks-subpoena-power-sex
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am puzzled about how this could happen to a Dim Governor in NY State. The only thing I can come up with is the other Dims don't want a family political dynasty cutting into their graft by gaining too much power/authority.

We all know it has nothing to do with ending or punishing corruption,so it must be something else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I am puzzled about how this could happen to a Dim Governor in NY State. The only thing I can come up with is the other Dims don't want a family political dynasty cutting into their graft by gaining too much power/authority.

We all know it has nothing to do with ending or punishing corruption,so it must be something else.
Maybe the plan is to install AOC as governor.  She reflects the values of New Yorkers more than Cuomo

Stranger things have happened.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wrote:
"Maybe the plan is to install AOC as governor..."

I reckon she wants to go after Schumer's Senate seat in 2022.
But if that proves to be out-of-reach, then governor could be another feather in her cap for her eventual run for the presidency, or at least the vice presidential spot.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I sailed wrote:
"Maybe the plan is to install AOC as governor..."

I reckon she wants to go after Schumer's Senate seat in 2022.

@Fishrrman

IF that were to happen,I would laugh,and laugh,and laugh until I hurt myself.

IF I were a praying man...........

Offline PeteS in CA

Cuomo's main usefulness to the Dems and their MSM shills was his attacks on Trump. That usefulness ended Election Day, 2020. He lost his shield from the nursing home scandal, and when that hit it got to the point that some women figured his power to ruin them was over. So now they, too, are speaking out.

Not all that different from what has happened to Lincoln Project leaders, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Eric Matheny   @EricMMatheny
Ironic how Cuomo’s Nursing Home Scandal and now three sexual harassment accusations come all at once.
My guess is that Kamala doesn’t want a 2024 Primary Challenger.
9:10 PM · Mar 1, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Eric Matheny   @EricMMatheny

Ironic how Cuomo’s Nursing Home Scandal and now three sexual harassment accusations come all at once.

@mountaineer

Yeah,ifn you didn't know better,you might almost think it was planned,huh?

Offline mountaineer

Yeah,ifn you didn't know better,you might almost think it was planned,huh?
Someone tweeted that it's to get Andy out of the way of Kamala's political future.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org