Author Topic: Trump calls on Republicans to 'get rid' of Cheney, other GOP critics  (Read 479 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls on Republicans to 'get rid' of Cheney, other GOP critics
By Justine Coleman - 02/28/21 06:48 PM EST

Former President Trump during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) called out by name each of the 17 Republican lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict him and called on Republicans to "get rid" of them.

Trump on Sunday labeled the seven senators and 10 House members as “grandstanders” and concluded his list of disloyal lawmakers with House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who he called a “warmonger” who “loves seeing our troops fighting.”

The former president praised the Wyoming Republican Party’s censure of Cheney following her vote to impeach him, telling the conservative crowd that it was “good news.”

“So hopefully they’ll get rid of her with the next election,” he said. “Get rid of ‘em all.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540925-trump-calls-on-republicans-to-get-rid-of-cheney-other-gop-critics
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Trump calls on Republicans to 'get rid' of Cheney, other GOP critics
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 12:28:37 am »

Former President Trump during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) called out by name each of the 17 Republican lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict him and called on Republicans to "get rid" of them.

Trump on Sunday labeled the seven senators and 10 House members as “grandstanders” and concluded his list of disloyal lawmakers with House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), who he called a “warmonger” who “loves seeing our troops fighting.”

The former president praised the Wyoming Republican Party’s censure of Cheney following her vote to impeach him, telling the conservative crowd that it was “good news.”

“So hopefully they’ll get rid of her with the next election,” he said. “Get rid of ‘em all.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/540925-trump-calls-on-republicans-to-get-rid-of-cheney-other-gop-critics
The war of words has officially begun between the Trump GOP and the RINOs.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 01:09:21 am »
The war of words has officially begun between the Trump GOP and the RINOs.
It began when McConnell, Romney, Cheney et al thought they saw an opportunity to give Trump the coup de gras.

When you strike at the king you'd best not miss. It will be over quickly.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 01:16:12 am »
Everyone knows..

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 04:21:19 am »
Just as important was Jim Jordans speech at CPAC, whom Trump spoke of in glowing words..   Impressive indeed!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 05:17:43 am »
Just as important was Jim Jordans speech at CPAC, whom Trump spoke of in glowing words..   Impressive indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdutpBlKLmg

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 04:05:33 pm »

@mystery-ak

Should have already been done. Too damn much "Good old boy/girl I owe favors" stuff going on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 04:13:26 pm »
I don't have a problem with GOP critics.  But I have a HUGE problem with Republicans who publicly recite the Democrat Party narrative (like Cheney did).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 04:16:20 pm »
Didn't get to see Cheney's speech.  Was she within a 1000 miles?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 04:32:30 pm »
It began when McConnell, Romney, Cheney et al thought they saw an opportunity to give Trump the coup de gras.

When you strike at the king you'd best not miss. It will be over quickly.

I think we got a pretty good idea of the direction of the party in the 2024 CPAC Straw Poll.  (Those with 2% and over)

Trump- 55%
DeSantis- 21%
Noem- 4%
Nicki Haley- 3% (what a joke, she sent her disruptors)
Pompeo- 2%
Cruz- 2%
Rand Paul- 2%

Here were the results in Feb. 2016, right before the primaries started:

Cruz: 40 percent.
Rubio: 30 percent.
Trump: 15 percent.
John Kasich: 8 percent.
Ben Carson: 2 percent.

My three takeaways between the last two CPAC polls that matter

1.  DJT is still the leader of this party, no matter how many entrenched RINOs are in DC.  All of their politcal lives are in peril.
2. Ted Cruz', (and I am one of his biggest supporters) is pretty much finished as far as becoming POTUS.
3. DeSantis is truly the rising star in the GOP.  If I had to make a bet right now, I am thinking he is the 2024 candidate.  With DJT leading the charge toward his election bid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.