Author Topic: Fauci lays out timeline for vaccinating teens, children  (Read 396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci lays out timeline for vaccinating teens, children
« on: February 28, 2021, 04:08:20 pm »
Fauci lays out timeline for vaccinating teens, children
By John Bowden - 02/28/21 10:50 AM EST

The head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Anthony Fauci, said on Sunday that high school students could begin receiving COVID-19 vaccinations in the fall, while younger children will likely have to wait until early next year.

Speaking with host Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press," Fauci explained that more data is needed to make sure the three vaccines authorized by the Food and Drug Administration can be safely administered to younger children.

"If you project realistically when we'll get enough data to be able to say that elementary school children will be able to be vaccinated, I would think that would be at the earliest the end of the year and very likely the first quarter of 2022," said Fauci.

"But for the high school kids, it looks like sometime this fall," he continued. "I'm not sure it's exactly be on the first day the school opens but pretty close to that."

Fauci also expressed his support for the newly authorized vaccine produced by Johnson & Johnson, telling NBC that he would get that vaccine if he was in a situation where it was the first one to which he had access.

"Well Chuck, first of all, you now have three highly efficacious vaccines, for sure," Fauci said. "There's no doubt about that. And particularly the recent results from [Johnson & Johnson] -- if you look at the efficacy against severe disease, greater than 85 percent, and there have been no hospitalization or deaths in multiple countries, even in countries that have the variants."

"If you go to a place and you have[Johnson & Johnson] , and that's the one that's available now, I would take it. I personally would do the same thing," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/540884-fauci-lays-out-timeline-for-vaccinating-teens-children
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Fauci lays out timeline for vaccinating teens, children
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 04:10:46 pm »
Douche Canoe Fauci is on the boob tube again with big boob Chuckie Toad. 
Can anyone believe what this troll has to say?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 04:20:42 pm »
Douche Canoe Fauci is on the boob tube again with big boob Chuckie Toad. 
Can anyone believe what this troll has to say?

I'm really starting to dislike this guy. Would love to see Biden fire him.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 05:20:52 pm »
Believe it or not, his estimate might be correct. :thud: The Pfizer vaccine was tested on and can only be used with people age 16 and older. The Moderna and J & J vaccines were tested on and can only be used with people age 18 and older. Moderna began a Phase 2/3 study with youths age 12-17 on December 10, 2020. So late summer or early fall would be a reasonable, if conservative, estimate. :thud:

While Pfizer began a Phase 2/3 study of their vaccine with pregnant women on February 18th, I have not seen anything about Pfizer doing a test with youths under age 16. And nothing about J & J doing such a study.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 05:40:47 pm »
Have they considered that the risk of death from the vaccine itself is greater than the risk of death from the disease among this age group?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 09:25:36 pm »
Have they considered that the risk of death from the vaccine itself is greater than the risk of death from the disease among this age group?
Like the Swine Flu during the Ford Administration?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis