Author Topic: Timeline of my warnings on historic Texas cold  (Read 172 times)

rangerrebew

Timeline of my warnings on historic Texas cold
« on: February 28, 2021, 01:19:01 pm »

Timeline of my warnings on historic Texas cold
By Joe Bastardi |February 27th, 2021|Climate|8 Comments

I want to address my public stance on the Texas situation in the run up to the storm. The great thing about twitter is that you can also keep a record of tweets that showed what you said that can help you, as well as the usual one that your foes use to slam you. The reason I am writing this is inherent in why I love blogging for CFACT. It gives me a place to have an outlet on things that seem to be shut down or ignored in other circles unless some kind of agenda is pushed. I wrote 2 books on the matter of climate I have nothing else to add. This argument is a phony screen for other things, and since those other things do not involve climate and weather, it is now in the domain of the circus that is known as agenda driven politics. I do grieve for the loss of the purity of what I have loved all my life, but it is what it is. I can not believe they have dragged something as pure as the weather and climate into the cesspool of agenda driven zealotry. But that is what has happened.

The small storm that has been brewed up for me in the wake of the “lets hammer Ted Cruz for him going to Cancun”, began developing after Sean Hannity and the senator revealed that I added value to helping out in talking to the governor. Remember I talked to the governor Friday night but said nothing about it publicly. I did not want to seem like a suck up and name dropper, though I did tell some of my friends. Some 10 days later, I did mention it on the Glenn Beck show. And once that happened, demands started as to why the governor would dare consult someone from the private sector. Well ponder this. Since as you will see below we pulled no punches from WEDNESDAY, why didn’t someone in “official” capacity in higher places call not only the governor, BUT THE PRESIDENT to advocate for some of the measures that could have mitigated this (,my suggestion was a massive winter response of prepositioning of supplies and snowfighting equipment, and that started on Wednesday). By Saturday its too late for that kind of safety net response. And saying it was going to get cold from 10 days out doesn’t compare to saying 1899 is coming from 5 days out. If you thought an outbreak of that magnitude was on the way, then why not get in touch with people that are in power? Certainly people that are in “atmospheric authoritative” positions that have access to people in high places, could have got on the phone and said, what I was saying, not from Saturday, but from Wednesday. (For the record there are no authorities on the atmosphere, there are just men trying to keep up and adapt to an infinite system. Preparation in front, which is what my company does can help out but you will never avoid completely what nature can do, and with more people and infrastructure in the way, there is going to be more damage.) I seek no fight, quite the opposite, I want to be involved even behind the scenes without glory to Joe. My lack of comments on this matter for over a week show that. But if attacked I will defend if the truth is on my side. And no amount of leftist spinning can take away the true intent and commitment in my heart to help out people with the talent God gave me. But the glory of CFACT is they still believe in freedom of thought and so here is the chronology of my public tweets.

But here are the tweets 

https://www.cfact.org/2021/02/27/timeline-of-my-warnings-on-historic-texas-cold/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=timeline-of-my-warnings-on-historic-texas-cold

Offline thackney

Re: Timeline of my warnings on historic Texas cold
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 02:48:56 pm »
Feb 10

“… in terms of extremes meteorologically. this is the winter equal to a cat 5 hurricane hit in the hurricane season for Texas and the deep south.”

Damages are expected to exceed Hurricane Harvey.

US winter storm Uri set to inflict record-breaking, multi billion-dollar industry losses
https://www.reinsurancene.ws/us-winter-storm-uri-set-to-inflict-record-breaking-multi-billion-dollar-industry-losses/

Numbers were pretty close to the forecast at this early stage.  -2 vs -5

http://www.ercot.com/content/wcm/key_documents_lists/225373/Urgent_Board_of_Directors_Meeting_2-24-2021.pdf
Life is fragile, handle with prayer