Author Topic: How does Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine compare to Pfizer, Moderna?  (Read 687 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

How does Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine compare to Pfizer, Moderna?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/how-does-johnson-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine-compare-to-pfizer-moderna

While previously authorized vaccines developed by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech operate on a newer platform with mRNA, or messenger RNA, technology, Johnson & Johnson’s candidate involves a more traditional modified adenovirus vector vaccine with a durable protein exterior encasing the DNA ... .

While Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines each require a two-dose regimen, Johnson & Johnson’s candidate needs just a single dose ... .

Late-stage clinical trials showed Pfizer’s vaccine was 95% protective against severe COVID-19 disease, while Moderna had 94.1% efficacy and Johnson & Johnson’s candidate had a 66.9% efficacy. ...

Further, Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine candidate is stable for up to two years at -20 degrees Celsius and at least three months at 2 to 8 degrees Celsius. Moderna’s vaccine can last at -20 degrees Celsius for six months and 2 to 8 degrees Celsius for 30 days. Meanwhile, the FDA just eased permitted shipping and two-week storage temperatures for the Pfizer vaccine to -25 degrees Celsius to -15 degrees Celsius in a significant shift from an ultra-cold temperature requirement of -80 degrees Celsius and -60 degrees Celsius for up to 6 months.

J & J has a two-dose trial underway to see if that significantly improves efficacy. IIRC, J & J's vaccine was very effective - similar to M and P - at preventing those few who did catch Covid from  developing serious cases.

As for not being mRNA technology, I have faith that the anti-vax crowd have a different bogus claim against Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: How does Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine compare to Pfizer, Moderna?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:31:21 pm »
FWIW... I received the 2nd Pfizer vaccine today.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 12:16:45 am »
Not convinced. Answer is still no.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 12:40:50 am »
You are free to make that decision but you are not free from the consequences of that decision. If they keep us locked down this summer, too, and things don't ever come back because of that… well, I and a lot of other people who depend on having large crowds will NOT be happy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 01:09:44 am »
FWIW... I received the 2nd Pfizer vaccine today.

# 2 Pfizer was delayed due to supply issues. It should happen soon.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 01:40:32 am »
You are free to make that decision but you are not free from the consequences of that decision. If they keep us locked down this summer, too, and things don't ever come back because of that… well, I and a lot of other people who depend on having large crowds will NOT be happy.

Bull. It is not the fault of those who don't want to be subjected to a potentially dangerous vaccine for the continued lockdown.

The CDC, WHO, the Biden administration and liberal idiot governors are responsible for the continued lockdowns -- blame them.  Don't start blaming those who don't want to get the vaccine for the continued lockdown.

Look at the stats  ... lockdowns have done nothing.  Vaccines have been reported NOT to keep the virus from spreading -- yet  we're all supposed to line up for a vaccine that Lord only knows what the long term affects will be.

COVID and these vaccines are nothing more than an excuse to control.

In some ways I am lucky to live in FL.  The real estate market in FL is absolutely going crazy.  A friend of mine had 7 offers on her home and they received a cash offer on her mother-in-laws house without the buyer even seeing the house.   A friend of mine is a realtor -- inventory is extremely low -- appx. 460 houses available in a county of 735,000 people.   Housing values have skyrocketed. All because people are tired of being locked up and moving  to FL.

I honestly don't want all the liberals -- we'll wind up the BLUEST state in the nation!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 01:41:48 am »

888high58888 I'm definitely not convinced either.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 10:45:31 am »
I’ve been living through this political pandemic for right at a year now. I don’t wear those stupid masks while standing outside in the sun and the wind. I will when required to shop in a store or around other groups of people. I protect myself. I haven’t been sick, and won’t start by taking an unproven, artificial vaccine. Covid killed my mom, or rather careless caregiving agencies did, so I know what it can do.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 04:27:05 pm »

That's a pretty good summation of the mask mentality:  "You must wear a mask to protect my health.  You are selfish if you don't, and it's your fault the government is keeping the clamps on everybody."

"If you refuse to get the vaccine, then you are responsible for continued lockdowns.  When you get doxxed, the rest of the people in your town will beat the crap out of you."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 04:30:07 pm »
That's a pretty good summation of the mask mentality:  "You must wear a mask to protect my health.  You are selfish if you don't, and it's your fault the government is keeping the clamps on everybody."

"If you refuse to get the vaccine, then you are responsible for continued lockdowns.  When you get doxxed, the rest of the people in your town will beat the crap out of you."

I don't have a problem with people that choose not to get the vaccine. I do have a problem with people who seem to feel it's their mission in life to convince everyone else not to get the vaccine.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 04:41:27 pm »
I don't have a problem with people that choose not to get the vaccine. I do have a problem with people who seem to feel it's their mission in life to convince everyone else not to get the vaccine.

I have that same problem, and it's just like what I described, in the opposite.  It involves coercion and failing that, moves to violent oppression to meet the goal.  When people find it's OK to stigmatize and shun, it's a only short step to threats and acts of personal violence.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

BassWrangler

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 04:42:03 pm »
I have that same problem, and it's just like what I described, in the opposite.  It involves coercion and failing that, moves to violent oppression to meet the goal.  When people find it's OK to stigmatize and shun, it's a only short step to threats and acts of personal violence.

100% agree with you on that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 05:05:27 pm »

AS is always the case, y'all are blaming the wrong folks. Blame the sombiches that put the lockdown on you, and not the folks who refuse to comply. In fact the liberty you so desire can be found best in those that do so refuse.

My lifestyle remains free of masks and folks wearing masks, except the odd elderly folks who are maintaining an extra necessary precaution. The only thing that has changed for me is that I do not venture into town, where the townies all have their undies in a bunch. But even at that, not all that many in town are in compliance either.

But all I do is turn my steering wheel the other direction when I hit a road heading toward town, and everything remains exactly as it always has.