Author Topic: “Gamechanger”: FDA Panel Unanimously Endorses Johnson &amp Johnson Vaccine, Clearing Way For Final App  (Read 692 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

“Gamechanger”: FDA Panel Unanimously Endorses Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, Clearing Way For Final Approval

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2021/02/26/gamechanger-fda-panel-unanimously-endorses-johnson-johnson-vaccine-clearing-way-final-approval/

Come Monday morning, millions of doses of a third vaccine should be rolling out across America. So far, over a span of more than two months, some 22 million people have gotten both doses of either Pfizer or Moderna. If Johnson & Johnson’s estimate that it can deliver 20 million doses in March proves correct, it’ll mean that J&J — a one-shot vaccine — could singlehandedly double the number of fully vaccinated Americans in the span of just a month.
Meg Tirrell
@megtirrell
FDA advisory panel votes on J&J #covid19 vaccine:

Based on the totality of scientific evidence available, do the benefits of the J&J #covid19 vaccine outweigh its risks for people 18+?

Yes: 22
No: 0
Abstain: 0
2:04 PM · Feb 26, 2021

This is an advisory panel of industry people. The actual official decision is likely to come shortly, https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-statement-vaccines-and-related-biological-products-advisory-committee-meeting-1 , perhaps today or tomorrow.

Contrary to Allahpundit's comment, there is no supply problem when it comes to the vaccine makers getting their product into states' hands. The true supply problem is the states getting the vaccines they have into the vaccination locations, and from there into people's arms. The number of doses sitting in states' storage has been in the 20 million doses range for weeks, if if the past 2 or 3 days is an indicator, that number is growing (24 million in storage as of this AM).

Until lagging states get their @#$% together, all J& J shipping their vaccine will do is make many states' failure more glaringly obvious.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose Covid-19 vaccine

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/27/fda-authorizes-jnj-covid19-vaccine/

The Food and Drug Administration on Saturday issued an emergency authorization for a Covid-19 vaccine developed by Johnson & Johnson, the third vaccine to be cleared for use in the United States and the first that requires only one dose.

The vaccine, which has not yet been tested in children or adolescents, was cleared for use in adults aged 18 and older.

The addition of J&J’s vaccine to the arsenal could offer a distinct advantage in the effort to vaccinate large swaths of the American public as quickly as possible. The single-shot vaccine doesn’t have the same onerous cold-chain requirements as the two vaccines developed by Moderna and the Pfizer/BioNTech partnership. The federal government has purchased 100 million doses of the J&J vaccine, but supplies are expected to be scarce until at least April.
J&J is also conducting a trial in the United States of a two-dose vaccine, with the doses given eight weeks apart. The results from that 30,000-person trial are not expected until sometime in May. During Friday’s meeting of the expert panel, several members questioned whether that trial will show that the J&J vaccine really should be given in a two-dose regimen. But Marion Gruber, director of the FDA’s Office of Vaccines Research and Review, suggested if the results point to a second dose being needed, that can be addressed when J&J files for full licensure of its vaccine.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

The federal government has purchased 100 million doses of the J&J vaccine, but supplies are expected to be scarce until at least April.

StatNews needs to stop listening to Anthony Fauci and maybe learn what J & J have said they can do, https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-authorized-by-u-s-fda-for-emergency-usefirst-single-shot-vaccine-in-fight-against-global-pandemic :

Johnson & Johnson is committed to making its COVID-19 vaccine available on a not-for-profit basis for emergency pandemic use. The Company has begun shipping its COVID-19 vaccine and expects to deliver enough single-shot vaccines by the end of March to enable the full vaccination of more than 20 million people in the U.S. The Company plans to deliver 100 million single-shot vaccines to the U.S. during the first half of 2021. The U.S. government will manage allocation and distribution of the vaccine in the U.S. This will be prioritized according to the populations identified by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) guidelines.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:03:02 am by PeteS in CA »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
:yowsa:

Can't post that on my Facebook feed because dear friends of mine have offered to 'register' me for my 1st shot.

My sister recently passed away "...from Covid complications" so I really shouldn't be 'flip' about it.

I'd rather place my faith in my current immune system fighting a virus with a 96.5% survival rate overall, and a 94% survival rate in my age classification.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

Your hostility is pointless and impotent.

Don't like vaccines? Don't get vaccinated. Just don't whine if your choice, like all choices, has consequences.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now it's in the hands of the baby shampoo people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Now it's in the hands of the baby shampoo people.
Yeah. Do they still make talcum powder?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah. Do they still make talcum powder?
Someone still needs to explain to me how that talcum powder migrated all the way up to where they say it caused cancer in women.
And no they don't make talcum powder any more only package cornstarch and sell it at over four times the cost of regular old generic cornstarch.

Online Smokin Joe

Someone still needs to explain to me how that talcum powder migrated all the way up to where they say it caused cancer in women.
And no they don't make talcum powder any more only package cornstarch and sell it at over four times the cost of regular old generic cornstarch.
Yeah, I have always said I could understand how there were mineral impurities in talc, but not how it got into ovaries.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, I have always said I could understand how there were mineral impurities in talc, but not how it got into ovaries.

Backwash?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

Backwash?
That's a long way upstream in a system that flows the other way.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's a long way upstream in a system that flows the other way.

Sperm makes the trip, but they have little tails....
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

Sperm makes the trip, but they have little tails....
Not all the way to the ovaries...just somewhere in the Fallopian tubes, otherwise there'd be a cluster of ectopic pregnancies going on.

C S Lewis