Author Topic: Rep. Jeff Duncan Confronts CNN’s Soledad O’Brien with ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Lie  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Jeff Duncan Confronts CNN’s Soledad O’Brien with ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ Lie

Allum Bokhari 24 Feb 2021

Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) called out misreporting and misinformation spread by corporate media networks earlier today, amid a push by Democrats to have cable news carriers shut down Fox News, OAN, and Newsmax.

Speaking at a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Rep. Duncan drew attention to a tweet made by  a witness CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien allegedly referencing the “hands up, don’t shoot” lie, before running through a laundry list of misreporting by other CNN personalities

Transcript follows:

The ‘hands up, don’t shoot’ narrative was a fabrication, actually put forward by Dorian Johnson, witness number 101, it was a fabrication that was proven incorrect over and over.

In fact, there’s a Washington Post article dated March 16th 2015 that says hands up, don’t shoot was built on a lie.'”

So, all of the news services; MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox News, NPR – all reported the same thing about hands up don’t shoot.

But it was a fabrication.

And I’m not advocating for them to be shut down because of reporting on a fabrication.

In fact, I think that a lot of times, there is a rush to report first, whether it’s a blog, or whether it’s a tweet, or whether it’s a Facebook post, or whether it is an actual news service, cable news network like CNN or MSNBC or even Fox News.

Sometimes the investigation is not done.

Let me just give some examples here.”

CNN’s Anderson Cooper on March 4th said that coronavirus wasn’t nearly as deadly as the flu.

Sanjay Gupta said on March 2nd, to headline news, that “if you’re a healthy person, you don’t need a mask.”

CNN’s Ali Velshi said, talking about the protests last summer, talked about a peaceful protest in front of a burning building.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo said on June 2nd, “please show me where protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful.”

I guess the point I’m trying to make is, there’s a lot of misreporting, rush to reporting, I wouldn’t call them lies, I would call them quick judgements, on a lot of information that’s out there, that the left is trying to say are lies now.

And they’re trying to say that places like Fox News and other broadcasters ought to be shut down. I disagree with that. Because you can apply that same standard to all of the – and I say all – of the news networks.

Breitbart News will continue to report on the corporate media.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/02/24/rep-jeff-duncan-confronts-cnns-soledad-obrien-with-hands-up-dont-shoot-lie/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I'm perfectly fine with them losing their broadcast licenses for their DELIBERATE falsifications on the Thug Mountain story and others.

They purport to be NEWS organizations, yet they conduct themselves as coordinated propaganda networks, and thus violate truth in advertising laws if nothing else.

They serve no public good.

How many people have died, how many businesses have been destroyed because the major propaganda networks colluded on the Thug Mountain and Thug Martin narratives, selectively editing 9-1-1 calls to lie about the facts of the case, embellishing racial perjoratives, such as calling Zimmerman the never-before-seen "white hispanic"?

Zimmerman was acquitted - in a kangaroo court devoted to his persecution - and still the lying propagandists of the Left wouldn't let up on him.   

Rodney King was a piece of crap and DESERVED to be arrested by any means necessary.   That incident, and the subsequent riots and the 53 dead Angelinos, solely due to the propagandistic media promoting a NARRATIVE instead of revealing TRUTH.

They do not deserve to exist, and they certainly do not deserve any protection from honest Americans.   Honest Americans who think otherwise, that these liars have a "right" to misinform, mislead and HARM the public need to be taught to see.

It was the lying media who coined the phrase "mostly peaceful" to excuse the riots their Rodent masters were encouraging to aid their theft of the last election.   Any American that voted for Trump damn well better get their heads re-torqued if they still stand on some out-moded idea that the First Amendment exists in practice.

It does not.

It now serves as a cudgel against honest Americans who protest Rodent extremism.

The limit to the First Amendment was the old "yelling fire in a crowded theater".   That's fine.  Except when there's a real fire in a crowded theater and people need to get the heck out.   The Rodents, however, are always yelling about the imaginary fires of racism that they, and only they, fan and see.   The news media fanning these imaginary flames are harming everyone in the country, and profiting handsomely thereby.

Call what they say "lies".   They are deliberate in their statements, not accidentally erroneous.

Call them liars.  That's what they are.

Shut them down.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:46:04 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline goatprairie

I'm perfectly fine with them losing their broadcast licenses for their DELIBERATE falsifications on the Thug Mountain story and others.

They purport to be NEWS organizations, yet they conduct themselves as coordinated propaganda networks, and thus violate truth in advertising laws if nothing else.

They serve no public good.

How many people have died, how many businesses have been destroyed because the major propaganda networks colluded on the Thug Mountain and Thug Martin narratives, selectively editing 9-1-1 calls to lie about the facts of the case, embellishing racial perjoratives, such as calling Zimmerman the never-before-seen "white hispanic"?

Zimmerman was acquitted - in a kangaroo court devoted to his persecution - and still the lying propagandists of the Left wouldn't let up on him.   

Rodney King was a piece of crap and DESERVED to be arrested by any means necessary.   That incident, and the subsequent riots and the 53 dead Angelinos, solely due to the propagandistic media promoting a NARRATIVE instead of revealing TRUTH.

They do not deserve to exist, and they certainly do not deserve any protection from honest Americans.   Honest Americans who think otherwise, that these liars have a "right" to misinform, mislead and HARM the public need to be taught to see.

It was the lying media who coined the phrase "mostly peaceful" to excuse the riots their Rodent masters were encouraging to aid their theft of the last election.   Any American that voted for Trump damn well better get their heads re-torqued if they still stand on some out-moded idea that the First Amendment exists in practice.

It does not.

It now serves as a cudgel against honest Americans who protest Rodent extremism.

The limit to the First Amendment was the old "yelling fire in a crowded theater".   That's fine.  Except when there's a real fire in a crowded theater and people need to get the heck out.   The Rodents, however, are always yelling about the imaginary fires of racism that they, and only they, fan and see.   The news media fanning these imaginary flames are harming everyone in the country, and profiting handsomely thereby.

Call what they say "lies".   They are deliberate in their statements, not accidentally erroneous.

Call them liars.  That's what they are.

Shut them down.
So, what is the legal mechanism for shutting them down? BTW, I agree with your point about them being sources of disinformation and lies.