Author Topic: ‘Erasing Family’ Documentary Illuminates The Unbearable Suffering Divorce Causes Kids  (Read 112 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 â€˜Erasing Family’ Documentary Illuminates The Unbearable Suffering Divorce Causes Kids

Divorce is not just the end of a marriage, it’s most often the beginning of a tragic, life-long, evolving fallout for the entire family.

By Stacy Manning
February 25, 2021

In her newly released documentary, “Erasing Family,” filmmaker Ginger Gentile unflinchingly explores the painful burden children are forced to shoulder when their parents divorce.  Documenting the aftermath of divorce, Gentile’s film exposes the damage done to children when they lose access to one of their parents, something that resonated deeply with me as a children’s rights advocate.

This film shines a glaring spotlight on the less-than-savory aspects of family law practitioners and the expert classes that operate in the “divorce industry.” An unfortunate number of special interests exist to lobby their state and local legislators to ensure that divorce and custody battles remain as messy as possible. They appear more invested in billable hours than in the well-being of children.

Because changing the adversarial divorce model would negatively affect their bottom lines, many of these players actively oppose reforms prioritizing a child’s right to be known and loved by both of their parents, essentially thwarting a situation that nearly always results in improved outcomes for families. Gentile sums up the divorce industry’s dark reality this way:

If you have a lot of money you will lose it all in a custody battle, but if you are poor you will not even be able to fight in court or [you’ll] have to represent yourself. It is lose-lose.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/25/erasing-family-documentary-illuminates-the-unbearable-suffering-divorce-causes-kids/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Divorce as practiced in this country is designed solely to line the pockets of lawyers with as much money as possible.  There is no other objective.  Lawyers are the biggest bunch of lying thieves to ever exist.  The destruction of the family post divorce is of no consequence to those that stand to profit from the business of divorce.

Based on my experience in divorce court, I would gladly jump up and dance like a Palestinian if someone in power had every lawyer lined up and shot.  No joke!  These f(*&ing whore b*st*rds destroy everything they touch.  Just take a look at our federal government, no more proof needed.

I am completely estranged from my three children, who hate me, and the court was the primary agent in that drama.  I would understand if I was a drunkard, drug user, womanizer, etc, but I was the parent that worked 12-16 hours a day to support them, often 6-7 days a week in a single income household, chauffered them everywhere, was the parent in the audience, etc.  We lived in a nice community, my children had pretty much everything they wanted, along with my wife, and the courts set the scenario to destroy my relationship with them.  There is no measure for the hate I have for the judge involved.

Tell you how bad she was.  After I fired my lawyer, who was grossly negligent, and my next lawyer wanted me to sue him for malpractice, I called maybe 12 lawyers to find my next lawyer.  The kindest was a woman lawyer, who said right out of the gun like the rest, 'who is the judge'?  When I told her, she said and I quote, "You could not be more f*&^ed if you tried!"

One day, out talking to my neighbor telling him I am divorcing my wife, he asked who I had as judge.  When I told him, he got animated and said his son, also going through divorce, had the same judge.  His son had three children, his oldest was 11 years of age.  His wife he was divorcing coached the son to kill his father, and if he did, she would give him x, y, and z.  The boy stabbed his father in the back.  It was not a mortal wound.  When the father told his lawyer, the lawyer said, not worth bringing it up in the court that the mother coached one of the children to kill the father, for it would not get him a damn thing in her court.  That is Pennsylvania f(*&ing family court.

You want to improve the outcomes for children, remove the f*&^ing lawyers from the process, and all kind of good things will happen.  Remove the stinking lawyer judges too.  F(*& sticks they are!