Archives > Radio Shows

Rush To The Exits: Affiliates Begin Making Their Next Moves

<< < (2/6) > >>

skeeter:
Rush's network had one product - Rush talking about current events. There is no way to keep that going now that he's gone. Taped shows won't cut it.

The best thing the affiliates can do is to sign whatever talent is available, either nat'l or local, to keep the audience.

bigheadfred:
Reagan had a radio show. Just sayin'...

libertybele:

--- Quote from: skeeter on March 28, 2021, 12:57:01 am ---Rush's network had one product - Rush talking about current events. There is no way to keep that going now that he's gone. Taped shows won't cut it.

The best thing the affiliates can do is to sign whatever talent is available, either nat'l or local, to keep the audience.

--- End quote ---

Lots of Rush's stuff is still applicable today. He made conservative talk radio and IMO they'd be wise to always remember that.

Bongino is no replacement.  No one is going to be able to fill his spot.  3 hours of just Bongino?  I just don't see that working out.

Mark Steyn, Ken Matthews ... or others that have actually filled in for him would be a much, much better choice .

skeeter:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 28, 2021, 01:12:57 am ---Lots of Rush's stuff is still applicable today. He made conservative talk radio and IMO they'd be wise to always remember that.

Bongino is no replacement.  No one is going to be able to fill his spot.  3 hours of just Bongino?  I just don't see that working out.

Mark Steyn, Ken Matthews ... or others that have actually filled in for him would be a much, much better choice .

--- End quote ---
Of course, conventional wisdom is timeless.

I can only speak for myself. I tuned in to Rush because I wanted to hear his reaction to things going on at the time. Listening to what he said in years past is the antithesis of that. IMHO.

HoustonSam:

--- Quote from: skeeter on March 28, 2021, 01:15:49 am ---Of course, conventional wisdom is timeless.

I can only speak for myself. I tuned in to Rush because I wanted to hear his reaction to things going on at the time. Listening to what he said in years past is the antithesis of that. IMHO.

--- End quote ---

I'm with my friend @skeeter.  Timely analysis of topical issues, delivered with unapologetic style and humor, was what made Rush Limbaugh unique.  His program was inherently optimistic, hence forward-looking.  Of course Rush deserves to be long remembered, but a backward-looking memory of him does not befit his legacy nor does it make for an engaging radio program.

Were it up to me to name a single successor, that successor would be Mark Steyn.  But the reality is that EIB died with Rush.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version