Archives > Radio Shows

Rush To The Exits: Affiliates Begin Making Their Next Moves

<< < (5/6) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on March 29, 2021, 05:22:40 pm ---Levin has always been rude to his fans.  He was a real POS on FR.  His handle:  "Holdonnow."

--- End quote ---

I haven't listened to Levin in several years, but felt he did an excellent job pointing out issues pertaining to the Constitution. I listened to him at his time slot at night and rarely did he have rude callers.

There are times when I believe rude callers deserve a rude response.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 29, 2021, 05:50:06 pm ---I haven't listened to Levin in several years, but felt he did an excellent job pointing out issues pertaining to the Constitution. I listened to him at his time slot at night and rarely did he have rude callers.

There are times when I believe rude callers deserve a rude response.

--- End quote ---

He always gave polite posters rude replies.  I can't stand to watch his TeeBee show because I remember what a pr*ck he is.

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on March 29, 2021, 05:52:01 pm ---He always gave polite posters rude replies.  I can't stand to watch his TeeBee show because I remember what a pr*ck he is.

--- End quote ---
You have to understand that Levin and Hannity come from the Bob Grant school of talk radio. Grant was one of the first guys to make it big in New York City as a conservative talker. He was abrasive, had a thick accent, and was unabashedly of the East Coast style. Limbaugh, on the other hand, was a midwesterner: until he went national, he never went east of Pittsburgh.

The midwest style has typically been more appealing to listeners. That's why a lot of early radio and TV stars came from the midwest and Great Plains: neutral accents, calm demeanor, and clear speech. The East Coast style has some novelty to it, but it's grating in the long run (hence why Grant never caught on nationally the way Rush did).

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on March 29, 2021, 05:52:01 pm ---He always gave polite posters rude replies.  I can't stand to watch his TeeBee show because I remember what a pr*ck he is.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree, @Cyber Liberty

Mark Levin blew his wad when he decided to become 'different' than other talk radio hosts by purposefully turning from 'Mr. Walker' into 'Mr. Wheeler'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTWDhWrnDU&t=2s

His rudeness shtick drove off more listeners than he added.  And his FOX program is a huge yawner.

AllThatJazzZ:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on March 29, 2021, 09:32:50 pm ---Totally agree, @Cyber Liberty

Mark Levin blew his wad when he decided to become 'different' than other talk radio hosts by purposefully turning from 'Mr. Walker' into 'Mr. Wheeler'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTWDhWrnDU&t=2s

His rudeness shtick drove off more listeners than he added.  And his FOX program is a huge yawner.

--- End quote ---

@DCPatriot

I disagree with that last part. I like the long-form interview format. There's always a little more intellectual or informational meat to chew on. There may be a guest here or there who isn't as interesting as others, but I consider "Life, Liberty & Levin" to be must-watch TV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version