Archives > Radio Shows

Rush To The Exits: Affiliates Begin Making Their Next Moves

<< < (3/6) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: HoustonSam on March 28, 2021, 02:10:10 am ---I'm with my friend @skeeter.  Timely analysis of topical issues, delivered with unapologetic style and humor, was what made Rush Limbaugh unique.  His program was inherently optimistic, hence forward-looking.  Of course Rush deserves to be long remembered, but a backward-looking memory of him does not befit his legacy nor does it make for an engaging radio program.

Were it up to me to name a single successor, that successor would be Mark Steyn.  But the reality is that EIB died with Rush.

--- End quote ---

Good post and I agree.  It is difficult to lose Rush when we need him the most. 

Bongino I don't think is going to draw the audience  in.  People will tune in out of curiosity at first but he's not going to last!.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: HoustonSam on March 28, 2021, 02:10:10 am ---I'm with my friend @skeeter.  Timely analysis of topical issues, delivered with unapologetic style and humor, was what made Rush Limbaugh unique.  His program was inherently optimistic, hence forward-looking.  Of course Rush deserves to be long remembered, but a backward-looking memory of him does not befit his legacy nor does it make for an engaging radio program.

Were it up to me to name a single successor, that successor would be Mark Steyn.  But the reality is that EIB died with Rush.

--- End quote ---
Exactly. And much better put, of course! pointing-up

Right_in_Virginia:
Who came up with the idea to carry a three month wake for Rush?

The show is becoming irrelevant --- and a little creepy.

bigheadfred:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on March 28, 2021, 03:12:22 am ---Whose idea was it to carry a three month wake for Rush?

The show is becoming irrelevant --- and a little creepy.

--- End quote ---

It is your herd mentality.

AllThatJazzZ:
There's a guy in Houston who used to be excellent (even used to sit in for Levin from time to time), but he either got lazy or decided he wanted to appeal to a less serious crowd. He has good insight, which is one of the main things that set Rush apart from others. He's had experience in the political arena as an office holder, so he knows how the system works. He is (was) able to execute a sustained program of meaningful content for a number of years.

I hardly listen to him anymore, but since he's on same network as EIB, I do catch snippets often. He's still got it, but he likes to mix it in with jabbery stuff. Bores the liver out of me. Likes to talk about music from various eras, where he once ate the best biscuits and gray, and what makes the best hamburger. Should you eat it with mustard or mayonnaise? (The obvious answer is mustard, but that's a subject for a much less weighty show.) A lot of his venue is just small talk, and I can't take that. If he were still on his game, I'd recommend him in a heartbeat.

Whatever they end up doing with the timeslot, I hope it's EIB affiliated. I do want to have Rush's wisdom and insight aired when applicable. A good host could weave it in flawlessly with his/her own comments about present-day events. I'd like someone who has ideas of how to motivate, incentivize, and re-educate Americans. A few guests might be nice, but a VERY few. There's enough of that on cable news. And if they have guests, have long-form interviews. Don't get crunched by the clock. Do enough segments that will yield the most information or ideas.

Mark Steyn, as good as he is, is not the right person. I know too many people who tuned out when they heard that Steyn was guest hosting. And I get it to a certain degree. His voice and repetitive manner of speaking can and does get a bit annoying after a while until you just can't take anymore. Love him, but, seriously, a little of Mark Steyn goes a long way.

One more thing: do NOT be rude to the callers. I can only take the first hour of Levin because he's so caustic to his callers. I would appreciate hearing how someone might convince a liberal to take another look at the things he/she believes. You'll never flip them with insults. If "come let us reason together" is good enough for the Lord, there must be something to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version