Author Topic: Why do they want us all vaccinated?  (Read 1769 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Why do they want us all vaccinated?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 10:00:26 pm »
The mask has evolved into a 'magic talisman' for stupid people. It is like a religious icon.
'Oh Great Mask...protect me from the evil virus. I believe in you. I know you will save me...oh wonderful mask..'
But No. The mask is only for show. It has limited or no actual functionality in real life.

That is it, precisely.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 12:17:28 am »
I had my second Moderna jab yesterday and hubby had his 13 days ago. Aside from a sore arm, no big deal.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 12:30:24 am »
And it may in fact be detrimental once it becomes wet, as any virus that finds it will find a moist, happy home to propagate mere millimeters from your nose and mouth.

That's not how viruses propagate. Unlike bacteria, where you can take a swab sample, smear it on nutrient agar, and see the colonies growing in a couple of days with the naked eye, they are unable to replicate on their own. They first have to invade a host cell and use that cell's DNA to replicate. That's why it is so difficult and time-consuming (~2 wks) to culture them in a lab to see if what is being picked up by PCR tests is viable virus or just RNA remnants of a  virus that can't do harm. It's why they they start to degrade and only "live" so long on surfaces.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 12:44:37 am »
That's not how viruses propagate. Unlike bacteria, where you can take a swab sample, smear it on nutrient agar, and see the colonies growing in a couple of days with the naked eye, they are unable to replicate on their own. They first have to invade a host cell and use that cell's DNA to replicate. That's why it is so difficult and time-consuming (~2 wks) to culture them in a lab to see if what is being picked up by PCR tests is viable virus or just RNA remnants of a  virus that can't do harm. It's why they they start to degrade and only "live" so long on surfaces.

Perhaps I should have used congregate. If it can live in a micro droplet and be collected into your mouth, nose, and eyes, How many MORE can be collected by a mat of cloth or paper, kept moist and warm by exhalations...

If you were accustomed to how volatiles move through a wet mask, it is not hard to see the very same thing happening with viral contamination.

BassWrangler

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2021, 01:16:12 am »
Perhaps I should have used congregate. If it can live in a micro droplet and be collected into your mouth, nose, and eyes, How many MORE can be collected by a mat of cloth or paper, kept moist and warm by exhalations...

If you were accustomed to how volatiles move through a wet mask, it is not hard to see the very same thing happening with viral contamination.

Yes, they sit on the mask, waiting for the person to reach up to adjust the mask (which 99% of people do - constantly), at which point it's on your fingers, and then you touch your eye with that finger, and voila - COVID.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2021, 03:29:57 am »
My sister and her husband are both doctors. They've both had the vaccine. My mom and dad have also both had it. There's nothing conspiratorial or nefarious about these vaccines. They went through significant human and animal testing, albeit on an accelerated time frame. I urge those who are in the most vulnerable categories (elderly or those with comorbidities like diabetes) to get it. Don't let some half-baked theory from Twitter or 4Chan talk you out of getting something that significantly lowers your risk of complications or death from a serious disease.
Ahhh...NO! Never.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 07:27:57 am »
BassWrangler...
My sister and her husband are both doctors. They've both had the vaccine. My mom and dad have also both had it. There's nothing conspiratorial or nefarious about these vaccines. They went through significant human and animal testing, albeit on an accelerated time frame. I urge those who are in the most vulnerable categories (elderly or those with comorbidities like diabetes) to get it. Don't let some half-baked theory from Twitter or 4Chan talk you out of getting something that significantly lowers your risk of complications or death from a serious disease.

Your relatives both being doctors means NOTHING!  Literally.  What kind?  Podiatrists?  My wife is an infectious disease physician, works for the CDC, works on COVID, and she does not trust these vaccines without long term testing.  And some of you cannot read.  When I said this virus is not worse than the flu, I was talking about people that are healthy with no pre-existing conditions.  For those with health conditions, particularly certain types of conditions, i.e. diabetes, this virus is a far greater threat.

BassWrangler:  "There's nothing conspiratorial or nefarious about these vaccines."   There is absolutely no way for you to know this to be true.  Pure speculation on your part, or perhaps wishful thinking.

And for the person wanting to argue about what the Russian vaccine is versus what I said, it is a more traditional design vaccine, and not one based on RNA, I believe a first of its kind with the USA pharma companies.  And I was NOT talking about the path of the Russian vaccine development, which was extremely accelerated. 

I am 67 years of age.  My wife and I believe we had COVID back in January, 2020.  They did not have testing at the time for the virus.  I was on my back, sicker than ever, for about one week, and it took me a good month to recover.  My wife was sicker than ever, with a higher fever than she recalls ever having.  She never gets sick.  But because she is a physician, we have a small drugstore here, including things for viruses from Russia that are not sold in the USA.  As soon as we were symptomatic, we were taking meds.  She had me take two different kinds of antibiotic, and she never wants me using them usually, this virus medicine from Russia, and we drank Chartreuse(green), a liquor that I have found has medicinal qualities.  About 4 out of 5 times  I am symptomatic, if I have a Chartreuse before going to bed, I awaken symptom free.  Been drinking it for nearly 40 years.

In the end, each person should have the FREEDOM(some of you forget that word) to decide what is best for their wellbeing, and not allow the government to dictate your use of meds, including vaccines. 

Hell, one of the most common run ads in the Atlanta metro area is ads by lawyers asking if you used this drug, or this mesh, or that item, call blankety blank to be represented so we can sue the sh*t out of the company.  Just too much of that.  American pharma has serious problems, and the FDA is about as corrupt as the rest of government.

There is nothing about government I trust today.  NOTHING!!!  Same for pharma.  And for blacks, after the Tuskegee bullsh*t, any informed black person should well be concerned about taking anything, even in the good ole USA.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 08:39:16 am »
Yes, that's likely right. My son only recently recovered taste and smell, And it has been months.

Still the overt hype, and malignant jacking of mortality rates, the resulting panic, not to mention lockdowns unprecedented, even against far more dangerous, actual pandemics, all of this creates a condition where it it easier to go along with your governmental tormentors than to follow the truth.

For me, the very act of that torment will forever prevent me from listening to them.
I have two problems, really, which make all coming out of the medical "establishment" suspect.

First, the vicious and unrelenting attack on and censorship of any information referring to treatment which might help avoid hospitalization and accelerate recovery. I read study after study attacking the regimen, and specifically one drug in it, but which either applied the phamacology too late in the course of the disease, or which used only one or two of the three elements involved in the treatment regimen, without which the other one or two were pretty much doomed to fail. It was readily apparent that using an ionophore without the ions it is supposed to boost through cell membranes was useless, unless the patient had a ready supply of zinc in their system. Zinc without the ionophore, was equally useless, because it could not readily get into the Type 1 pneumocytes (lung cells which exchange oxygen and CO2 with the blood) to prevent viral replication and cell damage without the ionophore (there are others besides hydroxychloroquine, including possibly ivermectin (https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/05/11/whats-up-with-ivermectin), epigallocatechin-gallate, and Quercetin. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jf5014633 )  I am aghast at what has passed for science in the light of investigations which did not administer the full regimen at the appropriate time in the course of the disease, apparently motivated by political reasons, and abetted by "Big Tech Media" along with the grade school versions in ABCNNBCBS and elsewhere.

That much really bad science thrown at something that holds promise trips a flag, especially when the presence of even a single viable treatment which would end the panic the MSM were pushing was so completely attacked, Not just that drug, but ANY treatment which showed promise was summarily dismissed without so much as looking at the journals, seemingly because a specific elected official had mentioned it. THose attacks were not limited to Hydroxychloroquine, but included attacks on that official's statements about sunlight (actually, specific UV wavelengths https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29124710/ ), and on the use of disinfectants (again mischaracterized https://www.hollywoodlanews.com/hydrogen-peroxide-disinfectant-coronavirus-treatment/ as bleach, not hydrogen peroxide.)

Second, what seems to be revealing is that the nature of the research conducted was not to pursue these routes toward an effective treatment, but to discredit them, all seemingly aimed toward promoting a vaccine of one sort or another, and permitting the panic which was inflamed daily, even hourly, by the MSM, apparently for the purpose of proving a President wrong, not in the interest of the best and most effective way to treat the disease (predictably, a treatment which was effective at reducing hospitalizations, hospital stay length, and especially ICU admissions, would be not only a boon, but at the very least a stopgap measure to reduce the effects of the pandemic, both medically and economically while a vaccine could be developed.)
Imagine that a treatment was found, promoted, effective, and cheap, what economic devastation would not have happened in the past year, and how little credibility the last election would have had, especially in the face of triumph over the disease which was projected to kill 2 million people, and how the course of events One would think those interested in the health of their patients, or even just the general public would have cheered the thought, would have worked tirelessly to use the whole regimen and study that efficacy as well as the spinoff implications which may exist for other viruses.

But no. Those who claimed the regimen worked were attacked, deplatformed, and brutally censored, called Kooks and worse.  None of the vaccines actually contain the killed virus, so they don't work like the vaccines we are familiar with. Since long term complications can take years to surface, I think I'll just wait and see, thanks. To each their own, but I'm not going to get the jab.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 08:41:30 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2021, 01:14:34 pm »

My mom and sister got theirs this week. I would have gotten mine this week as well, but I had two doctors appointments I couldn’t break. I should be able to get one in the upcoming week or two.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2021, 05:09:19 pm »
I have two problems, really, which make all coming out of the medical "establishment" suspect.

First, the vicious and unrelenting attack on and censorship of any information referring to treatment which might help avoid hospitalization and accelerate recovery.

[...]

I am aghast at what has passed for science in the light of investigations which did not administer the full regimen at the appropriate time in the course of the disease, apparently motivated by political reasons, and abetted by "Big Tech Media" along with the grade school versions in ABCNNBCBS and elsewhere.

Well, in my life generally I have found reason to look at science with a jaundiced eye, to begin with my own bent toward science - I have a vast love of archaeology and anthropology with a side hustle into ancient language...  And in my studies in that direction, which I still maintain to this very day, I have had many a reasonable example of science being twisted to perform work for politics - to include grants and professorships and tenures being granted to insure a particular outcome and convenience - Not necessarily to promote the science where it needed study as one might romantically assume - That romance left me long ago, replaced by a sour bitterness where (so-called) science is concerned... So forgive me for being far less surprised, and more or less would declare such to be more than predictable behavior.

That much really bad science thrown at something that holds promise trips a flag, especially when the presence of even a single viable treatment which would end the panic the MSM were pushing was so completely attacked, Not just that drug, but ANY treatment which showed promise was summarily dismissed without so much as looking at the journals, seemingly because a specific elected official had mentioned it. THose attacks were not limited to Hydroxychloroquine, but included attacks that official's statements about sunlight (actually, specific UV wavelengths), and on the use of disinfectants (again mischaracterized [...] as bleach, not hydrogen peroxide.)

And to further my jaded view, my own malady - a long term disease that has beat me down for a decade and more - Seven years dedicated to a wheelchair and a 12 x 15 room, and such agony that I would hold my mud and water as long as I possibly could to avoid the inevitable trip to the bathroom, and limit that terror to once a day, performing every hygiene in that one motion...

To have witnessed that pain first hand, finding NO solace in western medicine, but only buckets of pills (no lie, over twenty types of pills a day, all serving NO purpose, and none of which even touched my pain threshold), I have a particular distrust of western medicine - I think it largely designed around a business model that pushes pharma for profit first, and the use of medical machinery for profit second, having no real desire to cure a patient in as much as that would kill the golden goose.

Since I went back to hillbilly medicines and a Cheyenne medicine man as my primary physician, and as aided by un-doubted miracles (caused I believe, because I was in a condition to receive and believe them), I walk again... Having received more actually curative medicine in a sweat lodge than I did in the whole of western medicine combined. 

So you can believe me sir, when I inform you without a doubt that you are indeed preaching to the choir. I see plainly the collar of fear that keeps people chained to modern medicine., I surely do.

Second, what seems to be revealing is that the nature of the research conducted was not to pursue these routes toward an effective treatment, but to discredit them, all seemingly aimed toward promoting a vaccine of one sort or another, and permitting the panic which was inflamed daily, even hourly, by the MSM, apparently for the purpose of proving a President wrong, not in the interest of the best and most effective way to treat the disease (predictably, a treatment which was effective at reducing hospitalizations, hospital stay length, and especially ICU admissions, would be not only a boon, but at the very least a stopgap measure to reduce the effects of the pandemic, both medically and economically while a vaccine could be developed.)
Imagine that a treatment was found, promoted, effective, and cheap, what economic devastation would not have happened in the past year, and how little credibility the last election would have had, especially in the face of triumph over the disease which was projected to kill 2 million people, and how the course of events One would think those interested in the health of their patients, or even just the general public would have cheered the thought, would have worked tirelessly to use the whole regimen and study that efficacy as well as the spinoff implications which may exist for other viruses.

But no. Those who claimed the regimen worked were attacked, deplatformed, and brutally censored, called Kooks and worse.  None of the vaccines actually contain the killed virus, so they don't work like the vaccines we are familiar with. Since long term complications can take years to surface, I think I'll just wait and see, thanks. To each their own, but I'm not going to get the jab.

Yes, well, it is nothing new. Imagine a treatment made famous amid actual pandemic that caused the people collecting bodies in the streets to be largely immune to the plague that infested the known world, leaving them without a symptom... These same folks, known to pilfer their subjects as their only payment, being not only outside of normal hygiene, but also to become overly personal with the corpse on purpose, rifling through pockets and across the length of the corpse for jewelry, coins and any other valuable... That remedy is well known in circles outside of western medicine and is a curative and preventative known colloquially as 'Thieves' Oil', the name coined way back in that very day... A simple concoction, well known for its capabilities, yet I would bet that few here are familiar with the name, and fewer still will see past their normalcy bias to lend it any credit.

And as to your direct concern, there are several quinine remedies already being employed hereabouts... the active ingredient being known to exist in several plant based potions, and with emphasis already on food-as-medicine, as I am sure you are aware from the native ways of your wife, zinc is being encouraged, of course.

So yes, I see what you are saying, but in my case, I find little cause to be surprised. SOSDD. And the poor already know too. They live in a different world than your average citizen, a world already benefiting from that which western medicine casts aside.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:15:12 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2021, 05:32:12 pm »
Well, in my life generally I have found reason to look at science with a jaundiced eye, to begin with my own bent toward science - I have a vast love of archaeology and anthropology with a side hustle into ancient language...  And in my studies in that direction, which I still maintain to this very day, I have had many a reasonable example of science being twisted to perform work for politics - to include grants and professorships and tenures being granted to insure a particular outcome and convenience - Not necessarily to promote the science where it needed study as one might romantically assume - That romance left me long ago, replaced by a sour bitterness where (so-called) science is concerned... So forgive me for being far less surprised, and more or less would declare such to be more than predictable behavior.

And to further my jaded view, my own malady - a long term disease that has beat me down for a decade and more - Seven years dedicated to a wheelchair and a 12 x 15 room, and such agony that I would hold my mud and water as long as I possibly could to avoid the inevitable trip to the bathroom, and limit that terror to once a day, performing every hygiene in that one motion...

To have witnessed that pain first hand, finding NO solace in western medicine, but only buckets of pills (no lie, over twenty types of pills a day, all serving NO purpose, and none of which even touched my pain threshold), I have a particular distrust of western medicine - I think it largely designed around a business model that pushes pharma for profit first, and the use of medical machinery for profit second, having no real desire to cure a patient in as much as that would kill the golden goose.

Since I went back to hillbilly medicines and a Cheyenne medicine man as my primary physician, and as aided by un-doubted miracles (caused I believe, because I was in a condition to receive and believe them), I walk again... Having received more actually curative medicine in a sweat lodge than I did in the whole of western medicine combined. 

So you can believe me sir, when I inform you without a doubt that you are indeed preaching to the choir. I see plainly the collar of fear that keeps people chained to modern medicine., I surely do.

Yes, well, it is nothing new. Imagine a treatment made famous amid actual pandemic that caused the people collecting bodies in the streets to be largely immune to the plague that infested the known world, leaving them without a symptom... These same folks, known to pilfer their subjects as their only payment, being not only outside of normal hygiene, but also to become overly personal with the corpse on purpose, rifling through pockets and across the length of the corpse for jewelry, coins and any other valuable... That remedy is well known in circles outside of western medicine and is a curative and preventative known colloquially as 'Thieves' Oil', the name coined way back in that very day... A simple concoction, well known for its capabilities, yet I would bet that few here are familiar with the name, and fewer still will see past their normalcy bias to lend it any credit.

And as to your direct concern, there are several quinine remedies already being employed hereabouts... the active ingredient being known to exist in several plant based potions, and with emphasis already on food-as-medicine, as I am sure you are aware from the native ways of your wife, zinc is being encouraged, of course.

So yes, I see what you are saying, but in my case, I find little cause to be surprised. SOSDD. And the poor already know too. They live in a different world than your average citizen, a world already benefiting from that which western medicine casts aside.

Another thing we have in common.   After watching both of my parents take a dozen or more pills a day for years....for everything from heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc..... I later watched both need kidney dialysis from the poisons the pills they were prescribed were delivering to their systems.  Pills so strong that they over-strained their kidneys ... thus making the cure worse, or as bad as, the disease.   When western medicine (big pharma) ends up killing you just as surely as whatever ailment you already had....all so big pharma can become even more fat cat rich, it provides no cure and no solution at all.   It just sacrifices many to another false 'god' ($$$).

End result is....I rarely even take a Bayer aspirin.   I won't get on that treadwheel of "modern medicine" and "big pharma" until I am on my death bed.... and even then it will probably be against my will....lol.   Currently, my biggest addiction is salt and coffee/caffeine.  I can live with that.    :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:01:44 pm by XenaLee »
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2021, 05:59:54 pm »

First, the vicious and unrelenting attack on and censorship of any information referring to treatment which might help avoid hospitalization and accelerate recovery. I read study after study attacking the regimen, and specifically one drug in it, but which either applied the phamacology too late in the course of the disease, or which used only one or two of the three elements involved in the treatment regimen, without which the other one or two were pretty much doomed to fail. It was readily apparent that using an ionophore without the ions it is supposed to boost through cell membranes was useless, unless the patient had a ready supply of zinc in their system. Zinc without the ionophore, was equally useless, because it could not readily get into the Type 1 pneumocytes (lung cells which exchange oxygen and CO2 with the blood) to prevent viral replication and cell damage without the ionophore (there are others besides hydroxychloroquine, including possibly ivermectin (https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/05/11/whats-up-with-ivermectin), epigallocatechin-gallate, and Quercetin. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/jf5014633 )  I am aghast at what has passed for science in the light of investigations which did not administer the full regimen at the appropriate time in the course of the disease, apparently motivated by political reasons, and abetted by "Big Tech Media" along with the grade school versions in ABCNNBCBS and elsewhere.

That much really bad science thrown at something that holds promise trips a flag, especially when the presence of even a single viable treatment which would end the panic the MSM were pushing was so completely attacked, Not just that drug, but ANY treatment which showed promise was summarily dismissed without so much as looking at the journals, seemingly because a specific elected official had mentioned it. THose attacks were not limited to Hydroxychloroquine, but included attacks on that official's statements about sunlight (actually, specific UV wavelengths https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29124710/ ), and on the use of disinfectants (again mischaracterized https://www.hollywoodlanews.com/hydrogen-peroxide-disinfectant-coronavirus-treatment/ as bleach, not hydrogen peroxide.)

I'm not either.   I am forced to wear a mask if or when I 'go out', away from my home, which isn't that often these days.  Everyone in the stores and restaurants I visit are wearing masks.  So, either the masks work, or they don't.   Which is it?   I don't need the vaccine right now.   Maybe later.  Maybe not.   My logic book tells me it is best to take a wait and see approach, as well.   :shrug:
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2021, 10:36:46 pm »
I'm not either.   I am forced to wear a mask if or when I 'go out', away from my home, which isn't that often these days.  Everyone in the stores and restaurants I visit are wearing masks.  So, either the masks work, or they don't.   Which is it?   I don't need the vaccine right now.   Maybe later.  Maybe not.   My logic book tells me it is best to take a wait and see approach, as well.   :shrug:
Have to fully agree.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2021, 05:52:21 am »
Another thing we have in common.   After watching both of my parents take a dozen or more pills a day for years....for everything from heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc..... I later watched both need kidney dialysis from the poisons the pills they were prescribed were delivering to their systems.  Pills so strong that they over-strained their kidneys ... thus making the cure worse, or as bad as, the disease.   When western medicine (big pharma) ends up killing you just as surely as whatever ailment you already had....all so big pharma can become even more fat cat rich, it provides no cure and no solution at all.   It just sacrifices many to another false 'god' ($$$).

End result is....I rarely even take a Bayer aspirin.   I won't get on that treadwheel of "modern medicine" and "big pharma" until I am on my death bed.... and even then it will probably be against my will....lol.   Currently, my biggest addiction is salt and coffee/caffeine.  I can live with that.    :shrug:

Yep.  Nearly ALL my meds now are forage meds. I don't have aspirin other than in the emergency kits in my go-bag and my truck... I DO have willow bark, which is where aspirin finds its genesis. And the willow bark is far more effective. My pain meds nowadays are moringa and turmeric - the moringa being handy to knock down painful swelling and water retention, and the turmeric for deeper pain... And I find it every bit as functional as the Norcos I used to pop like candy.

And I am getting better. Without any of the side effects and addictions.

If there is something I have to use from big pharma, I still will... At least as an interim until I find a natural replacement, or a food stock to add to my diet as a remedy... And I still do use pills in my emergency kits, just for the compact ability available where space is a premium, and yes, even them Norcos... If I blow my back out in the woods, I don't want to worry about the pain of it till I get home. So they still have a place here, but it is very temporary.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2021, 08:45:18 pm »
I ain't no doctor or infectious disease expert. I do not know how well these things, vaccines, are going to work.
I do know that for a period of about 5-7 years ago I'd regularly catch the Creeping Crud aka flu after visiting the grandkids for Christmas and be on my back in bed for a week or so.
Ever since I started getting the flu vaccine jab (after constant nagging from the wife), my incidents of catching the CC is ZERO!!! Was that from changing my wonderful health habits during that time? I doubt it. I have to give credit to the flu vaccine. The proof is in the pudding as they say.
So, as far as the Chinese virus vaccine, better safe than sorry.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2021, 08:49:25 pm »
I won't get on that treadwheel of "modern medicine" and "big pharma" until I am on my death bed.... and even then it will probably be against my will....

Ditto to that.  I am genuinely shocked at the number of people out there taking multiple pharmaceutical drugs on a long term daily basis.  We are required to declare medications at the heliport before travelling offshore.  Having nothing to declare is the exception rather than the rule.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 08:56:25 pm »
Ditto to that.  I am genuinely shocked at the number of people out there taking multiple pharmaceutical drugs on a long term daily basis.  We are required to declare medications at the heliport before travelling offshore.  Having nothing to declare is the exception rather than the rule.
Yep. Thankfully none of us are on any daily medication. But daily, I work with kids who are on some sort of meds, often for issues which are just a part of growing up. "Mother's Little Helper" turned out to be prophetic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 11:29:17 pm »
Someone has cleverly adapted a famous photo:

https://twitter.com/Carbongate/status/1365192846022688769
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2021, 12:12:52 am »
The new HHS wants you to be vaxed.

He also wants you to buy the new Mr. er Potato head from Hasbeen
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2021, 12:46:37 am »
The new HHS wants you to be vaxed.

He also wants you to buy the new Mr. er Potato head from Hasbeen

That's an improvement.