Author Topic: White House to ship 3 to 4 million doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccine to states  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House to ship 3 to 4 million doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccine to states
By Nathaniel Weixel - 02/24/21 11:29 AM EST

The Biden administration is planning to send states, pharmacies and community health centers 3 million to 4 million doses of Johnson & Johnson's coronavirus vaccine as early as next week, a White House official said Wednesday.

White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients told reporters that if the vaccine is authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) this weekend, "we are ready to roll out this vaccine without delay."

That 3 to 4 million number is an increase over what officials told governors on Tuesday, and likely reflects the fact that Johnson & Johnson told Congress it will have 4 million doses ready to ship immediately upon authorization.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/540284-white-house-to-ship-3-to-4-million-doses-of-johnson-johnson-to-states
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Johnson & Johnson's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine effective, safe: FDA analysis
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/540240-johnson-johnsons-single-dose-covid-19-vaccine-effective-safe-fda
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

The White House is shipping nothing. Any more than it shipped Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in December. However, what Pfizer and Moderna have shipped and will continue for months to come was due to work and purchases done by Trump and his OWS team. The same is true of Johnson & Johnson. Their success was aided by Trump and his OWS team, and the first 100M doses they ship - capable of fully vaccinating 100 million people, not "just" 50 million - are under a purchase contract negotiated by Trump and his OWS team.

To date, the only vaccine thing Biden has done is to exercise additional 100M dose options with Pfizer and Moderna ... under the contracts negotiated by Trump and his OWS team. Not insignificant, but nothing spectacular.

The J & J vaccine has two unique characteristics compared to Pfizer's and Moderna's: it is single dose, one-and-done; it can be stored at ordinary refrigerator temperatures.

If Biden & Crew wanted to accomplish something only begun under Trump, they'd push for all the vaccines to be tested with youths, children, and pregnant women. Moderna started a Phase 2/3 test with youths 12-17 in December, working with BARDA, a division of HHS. Pfizer began a Phase 2/3 test with pregnant women (after first completing a developmental and reproductive toxicity (DART) study) February 18th, but the only US government involvement I've found is writing the test protocol.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:25:52 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

The J & J vaccine has two unique characteristics compared to Pfizer's and Moderna's: it is single dose, one-and-done; it can be stored at ordinary refrigerator temperatures.

I would say 3.  J&J vaccine is not mRNA based.

Maybe we should say 4 to include the less effective concern.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline PeteS in CA

I would say 3.  J&J vaccine is not mRNA based.

Maybe we should say 4 to include the less effective concern.

It's a different technology, but I've never bought the mRNA-Will-Reprogram-Your-DNA BS. I suppose that different technology will mean the RFK-Jr.-Grade anti-vaxxers will have to find a different pretext for demonizing it.

It's effectiveness is somewhat lower, but from what I've read it's the high effectiveness of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines that is unusual.

################################

Re the OP article's "3 to 4 million doses", I've seen a 2 million number, but a big point is that Fauci's claim that J & J has no stockpile is false - whether a conscious lie or gross ignorance, I can't say. It would be absurd to think that J & J, knowing from their Phase 2 and early Phase 3 test data that the vaccine was a likely success, would not have manufactured a significant stockpile so as to have a fast initial roll-out. Especially since they would also know that both Pfizer and Moderna had done that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Idiot

My 90 yr old mom and I got our first Pfizer shot this morning.  Here's hoping it works!