Author Topic: Bill would strip pension for president convicted of felony  (Read 338 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill would strip pension for president convicted of felony
« on: February 24, 2021, 10:54:48 pm »
Bill would strip pension for president convicted of felony
By Scott Wong - 02/24/21 03:02 PM EST

Two key House Democrats will roll out legislation Thursday that would revoke a lifetime pension and other taxpayer-funded perks from former presidents who are convicted of felonies during or after office.

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-N.Y.), who leads the Democrats’ campaign arm, and Progressive Caucus Chair Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) have authored the Restoring and Enforcing Accountability of Presidents (REAP) Act. It would reform the Former Presidents Act of 1958 by stripping past presidents convicted of a felony of their $219,200 annual pension, office space and a budget to pay for staff.

The legislation does not impact lifetime Secret Service protection for convicted presidents. It will formally be introduced on Thursday, when Maloney and Jayapal will begin gathering co-sponsors.

The REAP Act does not specifically mention any former president by name but it’s a not-so-veiled swipe at former President Trump. The 45th president was just acquitted by the Senate after the House charged him with inciting the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, and Trump is facing several criminal and civil investigations into his taxes and family business.

The Supreme Court just this week cleared the way for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., a Democrat, to obtain eight years of Trump’s tax returns and other financial records.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/540350-bill-would-strip-pension-for-president-convicted-of-felony
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Bill would strip pension for president convicted of felony
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 11:10:11 pm »
All the problems this nation has and these stinking Democommies continue to attempt to attack Donald Trump.  All this time being wasted, for the Senate will never agree with this bullsh*t.

It is good to know these pukes care about the American people. 

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 11:16:58 pm »
The bill should include Congress Creatures and federal judges and any and all federal employees.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 11:24:11 pm »
The bill should include Congress Creatures and federal judges and any and all federal employees.

Exactly!   888high58888

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 11:27:32 pm »
Oh Great, the clintons are going to finally face justice as well as numerous other demorats!  How many of those that engagned in felonious treason for four years ? !
 :silly: :rolling: ****slapping :rolling: :silly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 11:28:51 pm »
:amen:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 12:13:48 am »

Add to it that they actually GO TO PRISON.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 12:57:52 am »
Sounds like another Bill of Attainder to me...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 01:31:42 am »
I wonder what Bubba and Bubbette! think about this? Wasn't Bubba convicted of a felony while in office?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!