Author Topic: Postmaster general apologizes for mail delays  (Read 245 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Postmaster general apologizes for mail delays
« on: February 24, 2021, 04:41:44 pm »
Postmaster general apologizes for mail delays
By Cristina Marcos - 02/24/21 11:30 AM EST

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy offered a public apology before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday for recent mail delivery delays during the peak holiday season.

DeJoy, making his first appearance before the panel since a combative hearing last summer over his cost-cutting measures at the agency, acknowledged that the Postal Service experienced delivery delays that were particularly pronounced late last year over the holidays.

"We must acknowledge that during this peak season, we fell far short of meeting our service targets," DeJoy said in his opening statement before the Oversight Committee.

"Too many Americans were left waiting for weeks for important deliveries of mail and packages. This is unacceptable and I apologize to those customers who felt the impact of our delays," DeJoy said, pledging that the Postal Service would "strive to do better in our service to the American people and we will do better."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/540285-postmaster-general-apologizes-for-mail-delays
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Postmaster general apologizes for mail delays
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 12:14:08 am »
I'd much rather he apologized for the P.O. engaging in so much election fraud-malfeasance.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions