Author Topic: Analysis: Nevada’s $13 billion plan to build solar farms – But ‘the plan is useless &amp will accompli  (Read 219 times)

rangerrebew

Analysis: Nevada’s $13 billion plan to build solar farms – But ‘the plan is useless & will accomplish absolutely nothing beyond rewarding the governor’s political supporters’

Gov Sisolak has a $13 billion plan to build solar farms to reduce Nevada carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. This plan is supposed to prevent a Nevada climate disaster. The plan, if it is actually executed, will be a disaster, damaging the reliability of the electric grid and laying waste to square miles of desert. The plan will have no detectable effect on world climate or Nevada climate because Nevada’s emissions of CO2 are microscopic compared to the rapidly increasing emissions in Asia. Yet the governor has recruited a “team” of Ph.D.’s and government experts to create and support his plan. These experts must know in their heart that the plan is useless and will accomplish absolutely nothing beyond rewarding the governor’s political supporters. These experts know that if they tell the truth about the governor’s plan they will be fired or otherwise marginalized (canceled).

How easy is it for politicians to recruit scientific advisors to endorse even the most obviously defective plans!

By: Admin - Climate DepotFebruary 24, 2021 3:27 PM

By Norman Rogers

Carbon dioxide emitted in Las Vegas does not stay in Las Vegas.
Carbon dioxide emitted in Beijing does not stay in Beijing.

Nevada governor Sisolak doesn’t follow science; it follows him.

A cadre of scientific yes-men provide cover for the  governor’s bizarre climate scheme.

Sisolak has a $13 billion plan to build solar farms to reduce Nevada carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. This plan is supposed to prevent a Nevada climate disaster. The plan, if it is actually executed, will be a disaster, damaging the reliability of the electric grid and laying waste to square miles of desert.

One of the new solar farms, the $1.75 billion Gemini  project, north of Las Vegas, will have a flammable battery with stored energy equal to 5-million sticks of dynamite. A much smaller battery of this type, in Arizona, caught on fire and exploded.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/02/24/analysis-nevadas-13-billion-plan-to-build-solar-farms-but-the-plan-is-useless-will-accomplish-absolutely-nothing-beyond-rewarding-the-governors-politic/

Offline thackney

Everything I find is Gemeni is "only" a billion $.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-las-vegas/massive-solar-project-north-of-las-vegas-okd-by-interior-department-2025875/

...NV Energy’s Gemini Solar Project, which will be built east of Interstate 15 along the road to Valley of Fire State Park, comes with a $1 billion price tag and is expected to generate enough electricity to power 260,000 homes in the region, according to the department....

...Upon completion of the first and second construction phases, the 690-megawatt solar plant will span 7,100 acres, making it the largest of its kind in the U.S. and the eighth-largest in the world. It will also include a 380-megawatt, solar-powered battery system to store and deploy power after sundown.

Last year, the Public Utilities Commission approved NV Energy’s Integrated Resource Plan, which would add three projects contributing up to 1,190 megawatts of solar renewable energy to the state, as well as an additional 590 megawatts of energy storage capacity....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

...Upon completion of the first and second construction phases, the 690-megawatt solar plant will span 7,100 acres, making it the largest of its kind in the U.S. and the eighth-largest in the world. It will also include a 380-megawatt, solar-powered battery system to store and deploy power after sundown.

7100 acres, and no environmental activist is screaming about habitat loss, or other enviromental impact.  I just love the mass hypocricy of the left.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

7100 acres, and no environmental activist is screaming about habitat loss, or other enviromental impact.  I just love the mass hypocricy of the left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOs1w3zzWCQ
What about the lizards, spiders and snakes?   happy77
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:45:54 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What about the lizards, spiders and snakes?   happy77

Yeah, but dig a footprint of a 10-15 foot wide hole for a pipeline that will revert back to nature, and they go berzerk.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.