Author Topic: Dems’ COVID Bill Takes Waste, Fraud, And Abuse To A Whole New Level  (Read 86 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems’ COVID Bill Takes Waste, Fraud, And Abuse To A Whole New Level
I & I Editorial Board
February 25, 2021

President Joe Biden recently defended his $1.9 trillion COVID bill by asking critics of the plan: “What would they have me cut? What would they have me leave out?” The easier question would be, what’s worth keeping?

The bill is riddled with spending unrelated to the COVID crisis, gifts to big unions, bailouts to states that don’t need them, and bad economic policies. It is, in short, a monument to Democratic-style political corruption bought with money borrowed from our children and grandchildren.

We have already exposed the many lies being used to justify this spending monstrosity. The details now available in the House bill add insult to injury.

While Democrats claim the need is urgent, almost $700 billion of of the funds won’t get spent until sometime over the next decade, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

This is particularly true when it comes to money for education and labor – which includes dollars for schools, colleges, child care, and the $15 minimum wage. Less than 10% of the $293 billion thrown at these programs will go out this year, according to the CBO. More than a third won’t get spent until after the next presidential election!

Likewise, two-thirds of $90 billion targeting transportation and infrastructure are stretched out over the next 10 years. And less than half of the $70 billion for things such as “emergency rental assistance,” grants to airlines, and mortgage payment assistance will be spent this year.

What would they have Biden cut? How about cutting all the spending after this year, when the COVID crisis is sure to be over?

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/02/25/dems-covid-bill-takes-waste-fraud-and-abuse-to-a-whole-new-level/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Dems’ COVID Bill Takes Waste, Fraud, And Abuse To A Whole New Level
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:27:26 pm »
This will pass. The votes aren't there to stop it.
But I would hope that no Republicans vote for it in both the House and Senate.
(I'll probably be proven wrong)