Author Topic: Tiger Woods involved in Los Angeles car crash, first-responders needed 'jaws of life' to remove him  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tiger Woods ‘awake, responsive and recovering’ after surgery to place rod in leg

By Kenneth Garger

February 24, 2021 | 1:37am

Tiger Woods was recovering from surgery at a Los Angeles hospital early Wednesday after surgeons placed a rod in his lower right leg and screws and pins in his foot and ankle.

The legendary golfer suffered “significant orthopaedic injuries to his right lower extremity” following his devastating SUV crash outside Los Angeles earlier in the day, according to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Anish Mahajan.

Woods, 45, sustained “open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula,” Mahajan said.

Surgeons stabilized Woods’ leg bones by inserting a rod into the tibia.

Injuries to the golfer’s foot and ankle bones were treated with screws and pins.

Woods “is currently awake, responsive, and recovering in his hospital room,” according to a statement from his charity, TGR Foundation.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/tiger-woods-recovering-from-surgery-rod-placed-in-leg-screws-in-ankle/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online cato potatoe

NBC is saying he has compound fractures.

An awful lot of details are being reported.  I thought this stuff was private?  Maybe Tiger authorized the release, but it seems unlikely, given his state of mind.

Online mountaineer

An awful lot of details are being reported.  I thought this stuff was private?  Maybe Tiger authorized the release, but it seems unlikely, given his state of mind.
I had read his representatives initially asked that nothing much be made public, but now we are hearing considerable details about the injuries and the surgery. I only can assume it's been authorized by his agent, Mark Steinberg.

Tiger Woods doesn’t remember being in California car crash, sheriff says
NY Post, Feb 25, 2021

Tiger Woods has no memory of the accident that left him with a shattered right leg — and appeared to be unaware of how badly injured he was when the first deputy arrived at the scene, according to reports.

“At the hospital he was asked about it by the investigators and he had no recollection of the crash itself,” LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva told CNN, according to the Times of London.

Sheriff’s Deputy Carlos Gonzalez, who arrived first at the scene, told NBC’s “Today” on Wednesday that the golfing legend was calm, but appeared to be unaware of how badly he was hurt.

“I don’t think he was aware of how gravely he was injured at the time. It could be a mixture of adrenaline, it could’ve been shock,” Gonzalez said.

“At the scene, we’re looking for evidence of intoxication like if there’s an odor of an alcoholic beverage or there’s an open container or prescription medication,” he said.

“At this time we didn’t see any evidence of impairment and anything beyond that in terms of the medical toxicology, I wouldn’t be aware at this time,” Gonzalez added.

More: https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/tiger-woods-doesnt-remember-anything-about-car-crash-deputy/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
From the graphic it looks like he may have been in the other lane for a couple hundred feet on a curve.  Very lucky he didn't have a head on collison.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Woods transferred after surgery to LA's Cedars-Sinai to begin rehab for crash injuries

"It was an honor to provide orthopedic trauma care to one of our generation’s greatest athletes," Dr. Anish Mahajan, Harbor-UCLA's chief medical officer said.

more
https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/tiger-woods-transferred-la-hospital-after-surgery
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

Forensic experts suggest Tiger Woods may have fallen asleep at the wheel
By Yaron Steinbuch
March 1, 2021 | 7:26am
Tiger Woods appeared to not be paying attention in the moments before his devastating crash – and may have fallen asleep at the wheel of the luxury SUV he was driving, according to a report citing forensic car accident experts.

Woods broke several bones in his lower right leg, which indicates he was applying the brake at the time of impact, experts told USA Today, adding that the evidence indicates he braked late into the collision sequence.

“To me, this is like a classic case of falling asleep behind the wheel, because the road curves and his vehicle goes straight,” Jonathan Cherney, a consultant who serves as an expert witness in court cases, told the news outlet. ...

However, the experts were surprised that Villanueva had determined it to be an accident without yet having examined the SUV’s “black box” computer, which could reveal steering, braking or acceleration actions before impact.

“There’s no real accident unless it’s a true medical emergency,” Cherney said. “There’s always some level of negligence, whether it’s simple negligence like looking down at your phone or changing the radio station that starts the whole collision sequence.

“So when the sheriff is saying this is just an accident, I don’t know how in the world you can state that so early in the game without completing an in-depth thorough investigation and reconstruction analysis,” he added. ...

In 2017, police found Woods asleep at the wheel in Florida. A toxicology report said he had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien — which is used to treat sleep problems — and THC in his system at the time.
More at NY Post

I thought the Sheriff asserted way too soon that Woods was not impaired. Just because they didn't smell alcohol on his breath at 7:30 a.m. doesn't mean he wasn't impaired by some other chemical, especially in light of his previous drug abuse.

“To me, this is like a classic case of falling asleep behind the wheel, because the road curves and his vehicle goes straight,” Jonathan Cherney, a consultant who serves as an expert witness in court cases, told the news outlet. ...

It also explains why Woods never hit the brakes (no skid marks) and why he claims he doesn't remember the accident.

I don't know the reason, but I truly doubt Woods was conscious.

Online mountaineer

Is this a thing now? Do the L.A. cops happen to know who murdered Ashli Babbitt, I wonder?
Detectives find cause of Tiger Woods crash but won't reveal
by STEFANIE DAZIO, Associated Press
Wednesday, March 31st 2021

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles County sheriff says detectives have determined what caused Tiger Woods to crash his SUV last month in Southern California but would not release details Wednesday, citing unspecified privacy concerns for the golf star.

Woods suffered serious injuries in the Feb. 23 crash when he struck a raised median around 7 a.m. in Rolling Hills Estates, just outside Los Angeles. The Genesis SUV he was driving crossed through two oncoming lanes and uprooted a tree on a downhill stretch that police said is known for wrecks. Woods is in Florida recovering from multiple surgeries.

Sheriff Alex Villanueva has been criticized for his comments about the crash, calling it “purely an accident” and saying there was no evidence of impairment. Woods told deputies he did not know how the crash occurred and didn’t remember driving.  ...

But Villanueva claimed investigators need permission from Woods — who previously named his yacht “Privacy” — to release information about the crash.  ...
Full story

Since when do you ask permission of a suspect? There's a more than reasonable chance TW was driving under the influence of something, or at least fell asleep at the wheel. Either way, he's not absolved of guilt. It's reckless driving at the very least. But his handlers have to approve everything the police say about the investigation? This stinks.

Online mountaineer

UPDATE
Why Tiger Woods wasn’t charged over terrifying high-speed crash
By Lia Eustachewich
April 7, 2021 | 2:09pm

Tiger Woods wasn’t slapped with so much as a ticket despite recklessly driving 87 mph in a 45 mph zone for a variety of reasons — including that there were no witnesses, California authorities explained on Wednesday.

The PGA legend was barreling down Hawthorne Boulevard in Rancho Palos Verdes when he smashed into barriers and then a tree that sent his Genesis SUV airborne before landing.

But Los Angeles County Sheriff Capt. James Powers said the accident didn’t warrant charges or citations for speeding or reckless driving.

“Reckless driving, you have to have multiple violations in conjunction with one another,” he told reporters at a press conference announcing the cause of the Feb. 23 crash. “That did not exist here … and the speeding, there’s no independent witnesses regarding the speeding.”

LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva denied Woods — who also did not undergo sobriety testing — received special treatment. ...
NY Post

I'm sure all of us would have gotten off scot-free, too.   *****rollingeyes*****

(white privilege)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:33:17 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Tiger Woods Had Unlabeled Pill Bottle in Car, was Combative with Officers After Crash

Warner Todd Huston 8 Apr 2021

According to a police report of the investigation into Tiger Woods’ February 23 wreck, officers found him somewhat combative during questioning. Officers also said they found an unlabeled pill bottle in the wrecked vehicle.

The report collected by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department noted that an “empty plastic pharmaceutical container” was found in a backpack found in the bushes outside the car after the accident.

“The container had no label, and there was no indication as to what, if anything, had been inside,” the report says, according to TMZ.

Officials noted that surveillance video showed Woods toting a similar backpack at the five-star Terranea Resort on the morning of the accident.

However, the report also says that investigators did not find any drugs or alcohol in the car or crash scene.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/04/08/report-tiger-woods-had-unlabeled-pill-bottle-in-car-was-combative-with-officers-after-crash/
Support the USO

FTA:

Still, the 45-year-old golf great was reportedly combative with the EMTs who arrived at the scene to treat him after the wreck. He was reported as “somewhat combative” and disoriented as he sat bloodied in the driver’s seat of his vehicle.

I'd cut him some slack on this  pointing-up   But it is surprising that the EMTs didn't draw any blood while at the crash site.

BassWrangler

FTA:

I'd cut him some slack on this  pointing-up   But it is surprising that the EMTs didn't draw any blood while at the crash site.

Not an EMT, but I was a firefighter and first responder for a number of years, been on the scene of hundreds of motor vehicle collisions, done dozens of ambulance rides, and I never once saw an EMT or Paramedic draw blood. Their job is to perform minimal steps to help stabilize the patient and transport them to the hospital.

Not an EMT, but I was a firefighter and first responder for a number of years, been on the scene of hundreds of motor vehicle collisions, done dozens of ambulance rides, and I never once saw an EMT or Paramedic draw blood. Their job is to perform minimal steps to help stabilize the patient and transport them to the hospital.

Thanks @BassWrangler   The article made it sound like drawing blood was expected.

BassWrangler

Thanks @BassWrangler   The article made it sound like drawing blood was expected.

Just took a closer look at that pic of the car. Say what you will about modern cars, but the engineers have done an amazing job of making them safer in crashes.