Author Topic: Biden Is No FDR ...By Conrad Black  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Is No FDR ...By Conrad Black
« on: February 23, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »
Biden Is No FDR
At this point, Joe Biden doesn’t look any more like Franklin Roosevelt than he does like Donald Trump.

By Conrad Black
February 22, 2021

Given my consistent but never uncritical support of President Trump and his administration and my frequent expressions of skepticism about Joe Biden over many years, it has seemed appropriate to ease gently into coverage of the new administration and to give it a pass as much as I can. In this spirit, it must be said that the administration has scored well on what must be its primary objective: providing a quieter and calmer atmosphere than obtained throughout the Trump years.

This is in the nature of the two presidents and more particularly of the press response to them: rabid hostility to the point of rank defamatory fabrication toward Trump, and a hallelujah chorus of obsequious laudations for Biden. The partisanship and unprofessionalism of the national political media are as nauseating now as they were in the five years of their relentless assault on the former president. But at least they achieve the principal goal of the majority of American voters: a quieter, less contentious, and less combative ambiance around the president. In elevating a more tranquil regime the voters have been overachievers.

Beyond that, we don’t have a great deal to show for Biden’s promise of an exciting first 100 days. He adopted that slogan from the beginning of the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt, for whom Biden’s admiration has been highlighted by moving his portrait to the central place in the Oval Office, though still surrounded by paintings of the nation’s principal founders.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/02/22/biden-is-no-fdr/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden Is No FDR ...By Conrad Black
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 12:27:53 am »
biden?
FDR?
A comparison?
Is this some kind of joke?

(I have no love for Roosevelt. But... c'mon, man!)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 01:23:40 am »
FDR was the second-worst president of the United States, fourth worst if you consider the Illegal Alien from Kenya and the present Usurper in President Trump's Basement as real presidents.

So, no, the Senile Usurper is no FDR.

He's worse.

A lot worse.   His cabal of ultra-fascist power-mad revenge-bound lunatics are seeking to destroy Constitutional rule forever and retain their power until they die.   

FDR and his staff were just communists.

Speaking of presidential portraits...where is the painting of the Illegal Alien from Kenya lurking from the Bushes?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:24:53 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 04:35:39 am »
The sled dog barked:
"FDR and his staff were just communists."

Many of his staff WERE communists, to the core.
But the Soviets were NOT fond of FDR at all.

See the book, "Dupes - How America's Adversaries Have Manipulated Progressives for a Century", by Paul Kengor.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 02:33:57 pm »
But, importantly, that FDR was the second worst real president in US history is enough to know.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.