Author Topic: How To Survive For Three Days With No Water Or Power On $200  (Read 109 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How To Survive For Three Days With No Water Or Power On $200
« on: February 23, 2021, 06:48:17 pm »
 How To Survive For Three Days With No Water Or Power On $200

Thanks to experience with numerous hurricanes, we were prepared for the Texas power outage and no one slept in the cold at our house. When you are prepared, three days is not that bad.

By Mike Papa
February 23, 2021

I have lived along the Gulf Coast my entire life, mostly in the Houston Area. I lived and worked in Louisiana when Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Gustav slammed into South Louisiana and have learned from my successes and failures and those of my friends.

After moving back home to Texas and a long period of relatively quiet storm activity, Hurricane Harvey was a test of different beast until one of the coldest winters in Texas history. Every storm has taught me that you need to have a plan to survive on your own or as a group for two weeks. I’ve also learned you can spend as little as $200 to survive with no city water, no power, and no heat for three days in zero-degree weather.

Every storm, and the periods afterward, have taught me something new to apply to my preparations for the next one. I’ve found that simple is better, something is going to happen that you did not plan for, and you or your friend group must solve your problems instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/23/how-to-survive-for-three-days-with-no-water-or-power-on-200/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: How To Survive For Three Days With No Water Or Power On $200
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:12:05 pm »
Ok ... so you don't have an immediate $200 extra dollars to spend right now. Next time your'e at the store buy some extra canned goods, and next time, maybe peanut butter and canned meat, then the next time maybe an extra package of toilet paper and paper towels and the next time extra water. You'd be surprised how much you can accumulate over 3-6 mos. Before long you'll have a supply of things that you'll need to get you by.  Purchase a good tarp just in case and some type of small propane grill or cans of sterno and if you live where it gets cold; a small propane heater.  Also  some type of emergency radio, batteries of various types, a good emergency flashlight or lantern and matches or a couple of lighters.

It takes a little bit of money each week or every other week; even if it's $20.00 worth of goods each time.  It adds up.

Don't have room? No basements here in FL. I have placed 5 gal. jugs of bottled water along the walls in a bedroom, stashed extra food on shelves in closets, under beds is another place to store extra goods if you don't have a decent sized pantry. People sell shelving or dressers at garage sells -- both can be used to stash your extras that you may need.

Point is -- it can be done.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:15:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:15:22 pm »
People are lazy.  They can't be bothered to plan for things like that.  It is too much trouble for your I-Phone crowd.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:36:54 pm »
People are lazy.  They can't be bothered to plan for things like that.  It is too much trouble for your I-Phone crowd.

Yeppers ... until they get smacked with a hurricane, tornado or inclimate weather -- they learn real fast -- help isn't just a phone call away
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.