Author Topic: In Major Speech, Biden Reveals His Deep Misunderstanding Of Foreign Policy  (Read 135 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 In Major Speech, Biden Reveals His Deep Misunderstanding Of Foreign Policy

Turning great-power competition into a simplistic struggle between good and evil defies basic realism. Naturally, Biden chose to do so in his first major foreign policy speech.

By Sumantra Maitra
February 22, 2021

In a speech that would have been appropriate for the bipolar world in 1962, President Joe Biden called for an alliance of democracies to face off against tyrannical forces across the globe. This is a misreading of current geopolitics, which is not predominantly binary, but multipolar. The world we inhabit is qualitatively similar to the post-Napoleonic world of 1820, with one predominant but overstretched great power and several other powers jostling for space, influence, and interests.

Biden’s speech, given at the 2021 Munich Security Conference on Feb. 19, was touted as a restoration speech. It was as binary as one could have expected, and to his credit, Biden did not deviate from the message.

“We are in the midst of a fundamental debate about the future and direction of our world,” he said. “We’re at an inflection point between those who argue that, given all the challenges we face — from the fourth industrial revolution to a global pandemic — that autocracy is the best way forward, they argue, and those who understand that democracy is essential — essential to meeting those challenges.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/22/in-major-speech-biden-reveals-his-deep-misunderstanding-of-foreign-policy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: In Major Speech, Biden Reveals His Deep Misunderstanding Of Foreign Policy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 03:54:59 pm »
The speech is confusing. On one hand he declares war on 'autocracy'. On the other hand his administration is feverishly implementing totalitarianism in America. This contradiction is not unnoticed by his global audience. I am sure they will take his words as meaningless blather. It is just propaganda with no follow through.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 03:55:27 pm »
As much as this dipshit plagerizes, it may have been from 1962.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 05:41:29 pm »
The speech is confusing. On one hand he declares war on 'autocracy'. On the other hand his administration is feverishly implementing totalitarianism in America. This contradiction is not unnoticed by his global audience. I am sure they will take his words as meaningless blather. It is just propaganda with no follow through.

Orwellian double-speak.

The global leaders know they've purchased the prize idiot in the US village and are more than happy to let him play in the cat litter box while they scheme.

Right now the world is fractured, with Europe, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea and China all scheming on how to out fox the others, and the lone super-power has suffered a coup and is not capable of providing leadership of any sort.   Indeed, all those nations, and others, such as the s-hole countries south of the border, are scheming on how to take the US for a ride.

One final point:
Remember when that Drunken Harridan Traitor Who Will Never Be President claimed that Chairthug Mao See Dung was her most favorite "philosopher"?  Recall the resurgence of hero-worship on college campuses for that racist butcher Che?

The Rodents ADMIRE dictators.  They want to be them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:00:18 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 06:35:16 pm »
The Rodents ADMIRE dictators.  They want to be them.
A huge aspect of being a Liberal is the belief in one's own innate 'superiority' above everyone else.
They want to be dictators because they truly believe that they know better what is best for everyone in the world.
Liberals know what people should say, think, read, write, and eat, better than they do.
Liberals are God's Gift to Humanity. So of course they should be in charge and never questioned.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.