Author Topic: A Fifty-Year History of Anti-Patriotism in the United States  (Read 86 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Fifty-Year History of Anti-Patriotism in the United States
« on: February 21, 2021, 02:47:58 pm »
February 21, 2021
A Fifty-Year History of Anti-Patriotism in the United States
By E. Jeffrey Ludwig

Patriotism is under attack.  The idea of the cultural Marxists on the left is to replace traditional patriotism with a different vision of the meaning of American nationalism from the vision that has obtained since 1776, although that traditional understanding and vision of the USA has gone through modifications over decades.  Unwillingness to say the Pledge of Allegiance or even to stand for the Pledge is not a first step in that direction, but part of an endgame toward a revised understanding of what America is and what its role is in history.  The readers of this article should not be surprised if legislation for a revised American flag is offered in the halls of Congress in the near future.

Many blacks and black athletes are unhappy with our country and the treatment of black citizens even though they have fared well.  Many fans even considered the victory by Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Super Bowl racist.  In addition, an NBA owner, Mark Cuban of the Dallas Mavericks, said the Pledge of Allegiance would not be recited at home games.  Thus, an expression of traditional patriotism is portrayed by the knee-takers as an expression of racism.  This is increasingly becoming the narrative even though many black athletes have become cultural "role models" for many young men, both black and white, going back to Jackie Robinson in the 1950s and, a little later, to the incredible Jim Brown of the football Cleveland Browns.  Yet the success of integration into pro sports seems not to satisfy.  This white writer admired Jackie Robinson throughout my life as an example of someone who did the right thing, moved forward on the basis of his athletic merits, and ignored the catcalls and verbal abuse.  As a boy growing up, I hoped I would become a man of similar character.  Likewise, I watched Jim Brown get smashed into the ground after gaining yardage for the Browns, and I wondered how he would get up.  He would lift himself up very slowly, but on the next play, he would run just as hard or harder.  I found myself hoping I would have that kind of durability and determination in life.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/02/a_fiftyyear_history_of_antipatriotism_in_the_united_states.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: A Fifty-Year History of Anti-Patriotism in the United States
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 04:39:13 pm »
To be more concise:

The Democrats have spent the last 240 years of American history enslaving and subjugating blacks and other minorities for fun and profit.

And the blacks and other minorities vote the Democrats back into power over them.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.