Author Topic: Biden’s Drilling Ban Devastates New Mexico While Boosting America’s Competitors  (Read 250 times)

rangerrebew

Biden’s Drilling Ban Devastates New Mexico While Boosting America’s Competitors
By Kevin Mooney
February 17, 2021

Of all the states that will be most impacted by President Biden’s decision to halt new oil and gas drilling on federal lands and waters, New Mexico may the one with the most to lose.

That’s because at least half of the state’s oil and gas production occurs on federal lands and the revenue generated from oil and gas funds almost 40% of the state’s budget. An updated analysis of the potential fallout from a moratorium on new oil and gas drilling shows New Mexico stands to lose tens of thousands of jobs and more than $1 billion in state revenue.

Biden’s Interior Department announced on Jan. 21 that the administration would initiate a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas drilling permits as part of his larger climate change agenda. If the president’s freeze on new leases becomes permanent, the anticipated decline in New Mexico’s energy output will have reverberations across state lines. That much is made clear in the analysis from the New Mexico Oil and Gas Association in partnership with the American Petroleum Institute.

https://www.realclearenergy.org/articles/2021/02/17/bidens_drilling_ban_devastates_new_mexico_while_boosting_americas_competitors_660694.html

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
They and their cemeteries and their illegal aliens voted for him.

They must be happy.

They won't be allowed to vote differently the next time around.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

They voted for it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
New Mexico is a blue state.
The voters are getting exactly "what they voted for".

Don't count on them coming to their senses, either.
Not for a long time.

(I saw dfw's reply, but posting this anyway)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
New Mexico is a blue state.
The voters are getting exactly "what they voted for".

Don't count on them coming to their senses, either.
Not for a long time.

(I saw dfw's reply, but posting this anyway)
That's funny. Just what I was thinking.
They voted themselves out of a job.
So, let them starve. I just don't care.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.