Author Topic: Is Nikki Haley morphing into a presidency-losing Mitt Romney? By Douglas MacKinnon  (Read 125 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Nikki Haley morphing into a presidency-losing Mitt Romney?
By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 02/20/21 12:00 PM EST

During the 2012 presidential primary season, and again in the general election against President Obama, Republican Mitt Romney struck a number of voters as a man with malleable convictions.

Although many saw him as a decent person, he could come across as a political opportunist who considered his election to the White House as the final rung on the ladder for a super-rich guy with massive personal success. Romney lost that election, of course, but went on to become a U.S. senator from Utah.           

Now, Nikki Haley, the former United Nations ambassador and South Carolina governor, appears to be taking tentative first steps toward a presidential run in 2024. Some in the GOP — and most assuredly, elsewhere — may be wondering if the “Mitt Romney malleable problem” will settle around her neck like a political albatross.           

In a “why-would-Haley-agree-to-it” interview with Politico, writer Tim Alberta underscores Haley’s building malleable reputation. He salts the mine with this: “Haley’s raw skills obscure an absence of core beliefs. … She doesn’t know which Nikki Haley will be on the ballot. … She built a reputation for demanding loyalty but rarely giving it.”           

A number of Republicans likely are discussing these critiques as well.   

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/539243-is-nikki-haley-morphing-into-a-presidency-losing-mitt-romney
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Wrong tense.

She's done morphed into the permanent-loser phase of the life cycle of the back-stabbing political hack.

If she ran for the nomination, she won't get it.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Wrong tense.

She's done morphed into the permanent-loser phase of the life cycle of the back-stabbing political hack.

If she ran for the nomination, she won't get it.

I agree; she's already morphed into a Romney-like loser.  Perhaps she and Romney will run together.  I wouldn't vote for either one of them not even against a DEM. Never ever will I vote for anyone but a conservative. Voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us absolutely nowhere and the GOP has gained absolutely nothing in the end.

The GOP is DOA  anyways.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Oh, no.

The GOP is 75 million strong, biggest ever, and all we Americans need to do is to vote carefully in the primaries, and harshly, to ensure the current crop of RINOs is evicted and replaced with conservatives on the 2022 and future ballots.

And on the 2021 and future state and local elections.

For example, a black man was running in my district to replace Maxine Waters last year.  Two weeks before the election, this Omar guy who lost to Waters in 2020 sent out a mailer backstabbing the new GOP candidate.  I don't care if the allegations were true or not, Omar has self-identified as RINO and Traitor and I won't support him for any office, anywhere, anytime.

75 million Americans have to pay attention to their candidates like never before, and then we win.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.