Author Topic: Vermont Supreme Court: Limit on gun magazine size is legal  (Read 552 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Vermont Supreme Court: Limit on gun magazine size is legal
« on: February 20, 2021, 01:05:56 pm »
NBC5 By Wilson Ring 2/19/2021

The Vermont Supreme Court has upheld the legality of a state law that restricts the size of large capacity ammunition magazines for firearms.

In a decision released Friday, the court says the law enacted in 2018 is a “reasonable regulation of the right of the people to bear arms for self-defense.”

The ruling came in a case filed by Max Misch, of Bennington, who was charged with buying two, 30-round rifle magazines in New Hampshire and bringing them back to Vermont.

The court also used the Misch decision to answer a separate challenge to the law filed by the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs.

Vermont Attorney General TJ Donovan praised the court's decision.

"This is final. This ban is in place and is a reasonable regulation that goes to promote the health and safety of Vermonters while balancing peoples' right to have guns," said Donovan.

The group GunSense Vermont agreed, saying, “We are thrilled that the Vermont State Supreme Court has upheld the constitutionality of the historic gun safety law banning high-capacity magazines. This historic 2018, gun safety law was passed after a mass school shooting plot was uncovered in Fair Haven. This plot was a stark reminder to Vermonters that our state is not immune from gun violence. High-capacity magazines have been used too many times in America’s senseless mass shootings and they have no place in our society, our communities and our state. This law saves lives and makes our state safer.”

But not everyone sees it that way.

More: https://www.mynbc5.com/article/vermont-supreme-court-limit-on-gun-magazine-size-is-legal/35567138#

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: Vermont Supreme Court: Limit on gun magazine size is legal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:01:41 pm »
My ass it's legal.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:11:48 pm »
"This is final. This ban is in place and is a reasonable regulation that goes to promote the health and safety of Vermonters while balancing peoples' right to have guns," said Donovan.

I don't think he understands the usage of the word "final" in his gungrabbing retort,.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:13:14 pm »
I don't think he understands the usage of the word "final" in his gungrabbing retort,.

They also don't understand the term "shall not infringe"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 07:41:22 pm »
My ass it's legal.

Things have gotten so bad I'm worried about how the Roberts court will rule on this.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 07:44:09 pm »
Things have gotten so bad I'm worried about how the Roberts court will rule on this.

That's assuming they'll even take the case.