Author Topic: JD Power says Lexus is most dependable auto brand, ranks Tesla 30th out of 33  (Read 604 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
JD Power says Lexus is most dependable auto brand, ranks Tesla 30th out of 33
Published Thu, Feb 18 202111:00 AM ESTUpdated Thu, Feb 18 202112:40 PM EST
Lora Kolodny

According to a new J.D. Power study, the three most dependable auto brands in the U.S. are now Lexus, Porsche and Kia.
    Chrysler, Tesla, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and Land Rover are in the bottom five when it comes to dependability.
    The 2021 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study by J.D. Power looked into 33 different auto brands, and about 150 different models including cars, SUVs and trucks.

The three most dependable auto brands in the U.S. are now Lexus, Porsche and Kia, according to a new J.D. Power study. The three least dependable are Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and Land Rover.

Tesla, which was profiled for the first time in this year’s vehicle dependability study, came in 30th out of 33 automakers. It landed one place behind Chrysler and one ahead of Jaguar.

J.D. Power studies serve as an industry benchmark, and its results can drive sales and impact insurance premiums for owners. The 2021 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study analyzed responses from 33,251 verified owners of 2018 model-year vehicles sold in the U.S. The study assessed around 150 different models including cars, trucks and SUVs.

Tesla’s ranking in the 32-year-old annual study this year is considered unofficial, said Dave Sargent, J.D. Power’s vice president of automotive quality. That’s because Elon Musk’s electric vehicle venture doesn’t grant J.D. Power permission to survey its owners in 15 states that require this.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/18/tesla-ranks-30th-in-unofficial-debut-on-jd-power-dependability-study.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kia is a surprise...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Kia is a surprise...

And Honda a "Bottom 6"  Things have really changed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The three most dependable auto brands in the U.S. are now Lexus, Porsche and Kia..."

Kia?
That's a surprise...

(posted before I read mystery's reply!)
Toyota keeps on chuggin' along, right up there at #4...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:57:56 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Chevy above average? Those ****boxes?

Every Chevy I've seen has burned out well before other vehicles of similar age and mileage. You can milk about 190K out of a Ford sedan (more if you're willing to replace the transmission, though at that age it's not really worth it), but a Chevy will conk out at 130K. GM's other brands, that isn't really an issue.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline cato potatoe

Starting in the late 2000s Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have made cars that last for 300k miles under normal maintenance. 

BMW is high on this list because the test cars are only 2-3 years old.  After 100k miles, planned obsolescence kicks in.  Same for Chevrolet.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Easy to rank them even lower if the testing was done during the winter as the Tesla would not even start in cold weather.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Not very encouraging to see that the two makes that Mr. M and I have been considering for our next cars are below average.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Starting in the late 2000s Hyundai/Kia/Genesis have made cars that last for 300k miles under normal maintenance. 

BMW is high on this list because the test cars are only 2-3 years old.  After 100k miles, planned obsolescence kicks in.  Same for Chevrolet.
Having owned a BMW once my response has always been never again, constant problems and none of them inexpensive. I rented a Kia Optima for our trip up to Washington State it was a base model which I drove the hell out of putting 3000 miles on in about two and a half days and it was great, not one hiccup in the entire trip. heck even the base model hit a 100mph quick! I would by one if I needed another car and the democraps weren't doing their best to kill IC engines in California.

Offline mountaineer

It would be nice to buy American, but even nicer if we made better cars! I've never ever considered a Korean car or a Toyota, but may have to ponder it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

It would be nice to buy American, but even nicer if we made better cars! I've never ever considered a Korean car or a Toyota, but may have to ponder it.

I drove a new Genesis the other week.  It seems to target the segment Cadillac abandoned:  Super quiet, floaty, Barcalounger seats, and rear drive V-8.  The technology is competitive with upscale brands, however it will not total the car if it breaks.