General Category > Health/Education

Third shot may be needed to combat new coronavirus variants, Bill Gates says

<< < (12/13) > >>

skeeter:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 18, 2021, 01:50:30 am ---The new Extended car warrantee.  Robo calls will be coming. 
"Hello, your covid vaccination protection period will soon be expiring.  Don't leave yourself open for deadly outcomes or expensive hospital stays.  Sign up for your 3rd jab now...before it is too late."

--- End quote ---

"Planning that long awaited trip to the Islands this summer? Better get that third shot first. Otherwise it'll be Burney Falls again this year"

PeteS in CA:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on May 18, 2021, 01:10:55 am ---@mystery-ak

I just got my second Covid-19 vaccination today,and the pharmacist told me "There,you are good now for another 8 months before you will need another one."

WTF??????

I thought this was good for Covid-19,period?

--- End quote ---

Because Covid is still relatively new, busy medical people are not always up to date on what's known. The political biases of the MSM meant that news perceived as "good for Trump" was buried or suppressed. For example, our primary care physician learned of the Eli Lilly and Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatments from my wife and I.

Because Covid is still relatively new, only a handful of people received one of the vaccines more than a 9 or 10 months ago. So that 8 months is how long we currently know vaccine-produced antibodies persist, though the antibodies may actually persist in meaningful concentrations for a couple of years or more, and recipients' immune systems also have T-cells that "know" how to produce antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, so even after the concentration of antibodies declines they can be replenished.

The bottom line, @sneakypete, is that you're good to go for at least a couple of years to come, and probably longer than that. Pharmacists and doctors just can't say that with certainty because of the limits of Covid knowledge in general and their own lesser knowledge.

One of the weird consequences of Operation Warp Speed's success is that we're still not very high up the learning curve about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: PeteS in CA on May 18, 2021, 02:06:35 pm ---Because Covid is still relatively new, busy medical people are not always up to date on what's known. The political biases of the MSM meant that news perceived as "good for Trump" was buried or suppressed. For example, our primary care physician learned of the Eli Lilly and Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatments from my wife and I.

Because Covid is still relatively new, only a handful of people received one of the vaccines more than a 9 or 10 months ago. So that 8 months is how long we currently know vaccine-produced antibodies persist, though the antibodies may actually persist in meaningful concentrations for a couple of years or more, and recipients' immune systems also have T-cells that "know" how to produce antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, so even after the concentration of antibodies declines they can be replenished.

The bottom line, @sneakypete, is that you're good to go for at least a couple of years to come, and probably longer than that. Pharmacists and doctors just can't say that with certainty because of the limits of Covid knowledge in general and their own lesser knowledge.

One of the weird consequences of Operation Warp Speed's success is that we're still not very high up the learning curve about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

--- End quote ---

On the other hand, the Chinese are well up the curve on learning how to make SARS2-COVID-19 a more efficient infectious agent.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: skeeter on May 18, 2021, 01:49:21 pm ---"Planning that long awaited trip to the Islands this summer? Better get that third shot first. Otherwise it'll be Burney Falls again this year"

--- End quote ---
Been to Kauai, don't surf or snorkel so I'm okay if I never go to the islands again, nothing in Europe pulls at me except Hungary but not enough unless I need to get and use my Hungarian citizenship(though I have had more thoughts of applying for)  which I pray God America never falls so low. So I think that leaves me with plenty of America to see right here on the continent.

rustynail:
Circulating SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Antigen Detected in the Plasma of mRNA-1273 Vaccine Recipients

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab465/6279075

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version