Author Topic: Third shot may be needed to combat new coronavirus variants, Bill Gates says  (Read 3360 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Think of it as a service contract.

The new Extended car warrantee.  Robo calls will be coming. 
"Hello, your covid vaccination protection period will soon be expiring.  Don't leave yourself open for deadly outcomes or expensive hospital stays.  Sign up for your 3rd jab now...before it is too late."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

"Hello, your covid vaccination protection period will soon be expiring.  Don't leave yourself open for deadly outcomes or expensive hospital stays.  Sign up for your 3rd jab now...before it is too late."

Followed by another robo call on funeral arrangements.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

@mystery-ak

I just got my second Covid-19 vaccination today,and the pharmacist told me "There,you are good now for another 8 months before you will need another one."

WTF??????

I thought this was good for Covid-19,period?

Like the flu, pneumonia shot.

Even a lot of the childhood vaccinations are recommended to get boosters if you travel to places likely to be exposed.  I've had most of those like the MMR three times.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Like the flu, pneumonia shot.

Even a lot of the childhood vaccinations are recommended to get boosters if you travel to places likely to be exposed.  I've had most of those like the MMR three times.

@thackney

Ok,thanks. Looks like I misunderstood what he was saying.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@thackney

Ok,thanks. Looks like I misunderstood what he was saying.
Nah. He's getting a divorce. He "needs" the money...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

"Planning that long awaited trip to the Islands this summer? Better get that third shot first. Otherwise it'll be Burney Falls again this year"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:50:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

@mystery-ak

I just got my second Covid-19 vaccination today,and the pharmacist told me "There,you are good now for another 8 months before you will need another one."

WTF??????

I thought this was good for Covid-19,period?

Because Covid is still relatively new, busy medical people are not always up to date on what's known. The political biases of the MSM meant that news perceived as "good for Trump" was buried or suppressed. For example, our primary care physician learned of the Eli Lilly and Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatments from my wife and I.

Because Covid is still relatively new, only a handful of people received one of the vaccines more than a 9 or 10 months ago. So that 8 months is how long we currently know vaccine-produced antibodies persist, though the antibodies may actually persist in meaningful concentrations for a couple of years or more, and recipients' immune systems also have T-cells that "know" how to produce antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, so even after the concentration of antibodies declines they can be replenished.

The bottom line, @sneakypete, is that you're good to go for at least a couple of years to come, and probably longer than that. Pharmacists and doctors just can't say that with certainty because of the limits of Covid knowledge in general and their own lesser knowledge.

One of the weird consequences of Operation Warp Speed's success is that we're still not very high up the learning curve about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Because Covid is still relatively new, busy medical people are not always up to date on what's known. The political biases of the MSM meant that news perceived as "good for Trump" was buried or suppressed. For example, our primary care physician learned of the Eli Lilly and Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatments from my wife and I.

Because Covid is still relatively new, only a handful of people received one of the vaccines more than a 9 or 10 months ago. So that 8 months is how long we currently know vaccine-produced antibodies persist, though the antibodies may actually persist in meaningful concentrations for a couple of years or more, and recipients' immune systems also have T-cells that "know" how to produce antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, so even after the concentration of antibodies declines they can be replenished.

The bottom line, @sneakypete, is that you're good to go for at least a couple of years to come, and probably longer than that. Pharmacists and doctors just can't say that with certainty because of the limits of Covid knowledge in general and their own lesser knowledge.

One of the weird consequences of Operation Warp Speed's success is that we're still not very high up the learning curve about the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

On the other hand, the Chinese are well up the curve on learning how to make SARS2-COVID-19 a more efficient infectious agent.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"Planning that long awaited trip to the Islands this summer? Better get that third shot first. Otherwise it'll be Burney Falls again this year"
Been to Kauai, don't surf or snorkel so I'm okay if I never go to the islands again, nothing in Europe pulls at me except Hungary but not enough unless I need to get and use my Hungarian citizenship(though I have had more thoughts of applying for)  which I pray God America never falls so low. So I think that leaves me with plenty of America to see right here on the continent.

Online rustynail

Circulating SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Antigen Detected in the Plasma of mRNA-1273 Vaccine Recipients

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab465/6279075

Offline PeteS in CA

Circulating SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Antigen Detected in the Plasma of mRNA-1273 Vaccine Recipients

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab465/6279075

@rustynail, what do you understand to be the significance of that study?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online rustynail

@rustynail, what do you understand to be the significance of that study?

I was hoping you might know.  Maybe the spikes are not where they are supposed to be?

Offline PeteS in CA

I was hoping you might know.  Maybe the spikes are not where they are supposed to be?

mRNA-1273 is Moderna's Covid vaccine, though Pfizer's works similarly, and though J&J's does so by different means, it accomplishes the same thing. All three cause recipients' cells to produce a protein that is on the surface of a SARS-CoV-2 virus' spike (not spikes). The recipients' immune systems sense the presence of the foreign protein ("antigen") and produce antibodies against that antigen. When a SARS-CoV-2 virus gets into a vaccinated person, those antibodies attack the spikes, rendering the virus unable to penetrate cells and therefore unable to reproduce.

The study verified that the Moderna vaccine performed the first stage of that process as designed and that the recipients' immune system reacted by producing antibodies that cleared the recipients of the foreign protein.

The Moderna vaccine resulted in production of the antigen within a day or two of the first dose. The Pfizer vaccine uses the same mRNA technology, so it's likely that a similar study of Pfizer recipients would find similar results.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 11:09:15 pm by PeteS in CA »