Author Topic: Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with his family amid power crisis in Texas: source  (Read 6193 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz flew to Cancun with his family amid power crisis in Texas: source
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2021, 01:29:57 am »
What they haven't gotten over was Cruz would not say the exact words they demanded in his 2016 Convention speech. After a speech full of words about how Donald Trump was the perfect man for the job and the moral choice he told people to vote their conscience.

He did not say "I endorse Donald Trump," and a segment of the Trumpers decided that meant Trump was not the moral choice.  Their declaration Trump wasn't the right choice is their own fevered imagination and it sticks in their craw.

:yowsa:

I say it's either time for pie or exploding a few golf balls for crying out loud!

Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2021, 01:32:14 am »
What they haven't gotten over was Cruz would not say the exact words they demanded in his 2016 Convention speech. After a speech full of words about how Donald Trump was the perfect man for the job and the moral choice he told people to vote their conscience.

He did not say "I endorse Donald Trump," and a segment of the Trumpers decided that meant Trump was not the moral choice.  Their own declaration Trump wasn't the right choice is their own fevered imagination and it sticks in their craw.

Thanks, I forgot about that.  Ted Cruz BEGGED  to speak at this event.  He showed his speech to TRUMP officials, it was approved, then Ted Cruz...with all his "class"....changed it!  Then he went on the A/F 1 WITH OBAMA.  He is a snake.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:35:30 am by LegalAmerican »

Online libertybele

« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2021, 01:34:55 am »
Thanks, I forgot about that.  Ted Cruz BEGGED  to speak at this event.  He showed his speech to TRUMP officials, it was approved, then Ted Cruz...with all his "class"....changed it!  Then he went on the A/F 1 WITH OBAMA.  He is a snake.

:thud:  Oh, for the love of God, I knew there was a reason I had, had you on ignore!   :shrug:   
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2021, 01:35:52 am »
After a speech full of words about how Donald Trump was the perfect man for the job and the moral choice he told people to vote their conscience.

He did not say "I endorse Donald Trump," and a segment of the Trumpers decided that meant Trump was not the moral choice.  Their own declaration Trump wasn't the right choice is their own fevered imagination and it sticks in their craw.

The only way anyone could be offended by Cruz's 2016 Convention speech would be if they felt a vote for Trump would *violate* conscience but they intended to cast that vote anyway; the simplest and most consistent response to Cruz in 2016 would have been  "thanks for the confirmation Ted, I *am* voting my conscience."  Oddly, I've never heard any in the Trump camp offer that reaction to Cruz's remarks.
James 1:20

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2021, 01:37:35 am »
:thud:  Oh, for the love of God, I knew there was a reason I had, had you on ignore!   :shrug:   

THAT is the truth.  Another one, who does not like truth?  I proved Taxi wrong.  Now, I have to prove what I posted is true too? SO NONE OF YOU HAVE ANY MEMORY'S?  Don't feel bad, I have you on ignore too, but peeked.  My mistake.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:02:40 am by LegalAmerican »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2021, 01:41:20 am »
This topic has nothing to do with Trump..how he got included in this conversation is beyond me...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2021, 01:45:59 am »
The only way anyone could be offended by Cruz's 2016 Convention speech would be if they felt a vote for Trump would *violate* conscience but they intended to cast that vote anyway; the simplest and most consistent response to Cruz in 2016 would have been  "thanks for the confirmation Ted, I *am* voting my conscience."  Oddly, I've never heard any in the Trump camp offer that reaction to Cruz's remarks.

Yes, I found that peculiar too.  It would have been the perfect answer, and it was largely left unsaid.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2021, 01:46:12 am »
    IT's a conspiracy by the Trumpers to keep 'The Donald' in the news.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2021, 01:48:55 am »
Cruz *doesn't* have the strong bond with millions that Trump has; no question about it.

But after Cruz told the farmers of Iowa in 2016 that he opposed grain ethanol subsidies; after his address at the 2016 Republican National Convention; and after he persevered with objections to the EV count after the Capitol vandalism on 6 January, to argue that he lacks a steel spine is simply absurd.  With regret, there is just no other way to describe that statement.

It seems like nothing Cruz says he'll do in Congress ever gets done. Ever. Why is this @HoustonSam ?

Could it be that Cruz, who has chosen politics for his career, still has not developed the spine it takes to be consequential?  (BTW, please notice I've posted this without mimicking your demeaning faux "regret".)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2021, 01:50:54 am »
This topic has nothing to do with Trump..how he got included in this conversation is beyond me...

I hope I didn't start it, but it took a few posts to really get the fire going.  I blame the lack of pie...

...and burning golf balls.

:hattip: @libertybele
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:52:27 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2021, 01:56:47 am »
:yowsa: I say it's either time for pie or exploding a few golf balls for crying out loud!                         

If we can call this heavenly slice of raspberry cheesecake crumb cake "pie", I vote we start with this @libertybele  happy77

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:59:00 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2021, 01:58:36 am »
If we can call this heavenly slice of raspberry chocolate cheesecake "pie", I vote we start with this @libertybele  happy77

Anything with Oreo crust gets my undivided attention....

Hot damn that looks good!
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2021, 01:59:13 am »
If we can call this heavenly slice of raspberry chocolate cheesecake "pie", I vote we start with this @libertybele  happy77

Yes ... we can call it a heavenly slice of raspberry chocolate cheesecake pie.  I vote right along with you!  888high58888

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2021, 02:00:06 am »
It seems like nothing Cruz says he'll do in Congress ever gets done. Ever. Why is this @HoustonSam ?

Could it be that Cruz, who has chosen politics for his career, still has not developed the spine it takes to be consequential?  (BTW, please notice I've posted this without mimicking your demeaning faux "regret".)

So you can argue that calling McConnell a liar indicates a lack of spine, but no one will believe you.  Trump's "steel spine" manifested itself in late night tweet meltdowns reminiscent of a teenage girl jilted by her prom date; Cruz takes principled positions and sticks with them, in person and straight to people's face.  And that's precisely why he doesn't pass your fictional test for being "consequential"; he actually *does* the things you credit Trump for doing - he says his piece without apology and lets the chips fall where they may.  That's not a recipe for popularity.  I don't agree with everything Cruz says and does, but I respect him.

It continues to amaze me that the person who probably did more than any other *materially* to support Trump's agenda, certainly during the EV count, is the one you continue to belittle and criticize.  The only thing I can figure is that Cruz found principled reasons to support Trump's agenda rather than slavishly falling into mind-numbed sycophancy, and for some reason that bothers you.

Why would that bother you @Right_in_Virginia ?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2021, 02:01:02 am »
Anything with Oreo crust gets my undivided attention....

Hot damn that looks good!

It does ... but I switched to my second choice ... raspberry cheesecake crumb cake ...   :laugh:  (Whipped cream is optional)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2021, 02:02:19 am »
@HoustonSam

The only thing I can figure is that Cruz found principled reasons to support Trump's agenda...

That's what most of us did.  I found those reasons too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2021, 02:04:31 am »
    Screw this eatin pie for peace shit I say now is the perfect time to run all the Trumpers outta this place.  Should I start a Poll?   yogi555
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2021, 02:05:30 am »
It does ... but I switched to my second choice ... raspberry cheesecake crumb cake ...   :laugh:  (Whipped cream is optional)

When I was growing up, it was Pumpkin pie that rang my bells.  Then I moved to TX for a year or so....

I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2021, 02:05:41 am »
It's just a Hell of a way to treat Trump's biggest supporter in the Senate is all I have to say on it.
Cruz is unelectable as president....just not gonna happen.  He just doesn't have the personality for it.

Cruz is doing a GREAT job in the senate, so all of you Cruz haters...give it a rest!  What a bunch of babies!
 :amen:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2021, 02:06:30 am »
Asking how the smartest man in any room could not see the Democrat propaganda coming is not agreeing with the democrat propaganda @Hoodat   It's asking how a professional politician with an advanced intellect harboring plans to run for President could be so stupid.

The smartest man in the room would know it's coming anyway, no matter what he does and pay it no mind.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2021, 02:07:16 am »
@HoustonSam

That's what most of us did.  I found those reasons too.

As did I.  So why continue to criticize someone else who did so after being the victim of prolonged and intentional character assassination, and who did more than almost any other to work to further that agenda?

What reason is there to continue criticism of Cruz, rather than offering the same vigorous and relentless defense offered on behalf of Trump?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2021, 02:08:03 am »

The Cruz haters brought him into it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2021, 02:10:29 am »
Cruz is unelectable as president....just not gonna happen.  He just doesn't have the personality for it.

Cruz is doing a GREAT job in the senate, so all of you Cruz haters...give it a rest!  What a bunch of babies!

You make the necessary point:  We need Cruz right where he is.  I hope he runs for reelection.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2021, 02:11:25 am »
The smartest man in the room would know it's coming anyway, no matter what he does and pay it no mind.

Yep, exactly like that "very stable genius" who knows "all the best words" and "only picks the best people" while playing flying, invisible, 9-dimensional stealth jedi chess that *no one* else understands.

But it seems that some get credit for that kind of practical approach, while others get blamed for it.  Now why would that be?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2021, 02:12:28 am »

You're wrong.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!