Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed  (Read 6322 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 07:53:49 pm »
Few people in this world had the audacity of Rush Limbaugh.  He has been a staple in my life since I heard his first broadcast in Sacramento in the 1980s.  Although someone will no doubt step in to fill the vacuum, I think that we shall never see his like again. 

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 07:57:56 pm »
I recommend you stay off Twitter too. Leftists are some hateful people.

Yes, they are. Godless, heartless, evil dregs.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2021, 08:03:33 pm »
Yes, they are. Godless, heartless, evil dregs.

MSM calls him a Provcateur in headline in a disgusting show of disrepspect.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:45:55 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2021, 08:12:34 pm »
Few people in this world had the audacity of Rush Limbaugh.  He has been a staple in my life since I heard his first broadcast in Sacramento in the 1980s.  Although someone will no doubt step in to fill the vacuum, I think that we shall never see his like again.

:yowsa: I think you are very right my friend!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 08:13:37 pm »
He was an original.  And I thank God he was around so I could hear his thinking.

And I also thank God New York state will not get any death taxes on his estate.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2021, 08:23:11 pm »
George W. Bush Pays Tribute to Rush Limbaugh: ‘Indomitable Spirit with a Big Heart’
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2021/02/17/george-w-bush-pays-tribute-to-rush-limbaugh-indomitable-spirit-with-a-big-heart/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2021, 08:26:16 pm »
Rush was a true champion for TRUTH!  He will be missed by many.

Will his show continue?  Who will stand in?

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2021, 08:37:16 pm »
Mark Steyn also gives a heartfelt tribute to Rush.

https://www.steynonline.com/11078/the-indispensable-man
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Offline verga

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2021, 08:40:35 pm »
A true leader that never held office, but helped shaped the direction of Conservatism
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2021, 08:49:19 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2021, 08:49:42 pm »
MSM calls him a Provcateur in headline in a disgusting show of disrepspect.

The HuffPost Headline was even more vile and disgusting.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2021, 08:54:19 pm »
The Indispensable Man
Rush Limbaugh, 1951-2021

by Mark Steyn

It is with profound sadness that we announce the death of Rush Limbaugh, a giant of American broadcasting, a uniquely talented performer, and a hugely generous man to whom I owe almost everything.

Rush died this morning, after a year-long struggle with lung cancer. I was scheduled to guest-host today's show. Instead, as you can hear, his beloved Kathryn will be introducing a special program put together by the EIB team to celebrate a great man's life and legacy. It's a hard thing to do - compressing a glorious third-of-a-century into three hours - but Snerdley, Kraig, Mike, Allie and everyone else I've worked with there for so many years will do their best.

Usually, in this line of work, if you're lucky, you get a moment - a year or two when you're the in-thing - and you hope to hold enough of that moment as it slowly fades away to keep you going till retirement. Rush did something unprecedented in the history of TV and radio. Commercial broadcasting began in the United States in 1920: The Rush Limbaugh Show came along two-thirds of a century later, became the Number One program very quickly, and has stayed at the top all the way to today - for a third of the entire history of the medium. And throughout all those decades Rush and his show stayed exactly the same: a forensic breakdown of the day's news, punctuated by musical parodies, satirical sketches, and Rush's own optimism and good humor, even through this last terrible year.

more
https://www.steynonline.com/11078/the-indispensable-man?fbclid=IwAR03LqhwYnCAnWQSn56lwy0RUCWw1m_2Vv9dXlABb25DuEylo341qNxuKag
Support the USO

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2021, 09:09:42 pm »
A truly sad day. Long live your legacy Rush. You will be missed.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2021, 09:11:29 pm »
The time finally came for God to recall "the talent that was on loan".

The loss of Mr. Limbaugh's voice leaves a void that no one else can fill.

A sad omen early in a year in which each month seems destined to bring only more loss...

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2021, 09:13:44 pm »
I have no words, just sorrow.   This is a gut punch.  And I really hadn't listened to him on a daily basis for years.   But he's the one that made me realize I was a Conservative all those years ago. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2021, 09:16:39 pm »
Mark Steyn also gives a heartfelt tribute to Rush.
That brings a tear to the eye.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2021, 09:26:01 pm »
John Rich    @johnrich
When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St Jude Children's Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous. I never said a word until now. He will be missed. #RIPRushLimbaugh
12:36 PM · Feb 17, 2021·

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2021, 09:27:20 pm »
Rush was a true champion for TRUTH!  He will be missed by many.

Will his show continue?  Who will stand in?

I am sure there is a plan in place but I haven't heard what it is..
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2021, 09:35:17 pm »
Wow.  I knew it was coming soon, because he hadn't been on the air.

I am in tears.  He was THE voice of conservatism and there will be no one that can replace him. He is legendary.

Prayers up for his family.  GOD BLESS his soul.

Truly a very, very sad day.

We loved you Rush!!!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2021, 09:35:30 pm »
I logged off twitter because the left has taken it over with their disgusting comments on Rush...Now Breitbart is doing columns on what the leftist pigs are saying  9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2021, 09:36:48 pm »
Picture @ Trump's SOU - Awarded the Medal of Freedom.  Well deserved.  Great picture and what an awesome moment for him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2021, 09:37:49 pm »
Rush Limbaugh: Tribute to a Great American
    February 17, 2021
By Newt Gingrich
Rush Limbaugh’s passing is a tragic moment. Callista and my sympathies go out to his family and loved ones. He was a wonderful man and one of the great heroic figures of the conservative movement.

I knew Rush as a political commentator, a pioneer, and as a personal friend. I have so many memories of Rush, but first let me talk about him as a national figure. Beginning in 1988, Rush Limbaugh created a nationwide audience of more than 20 million people who felt that they had to listen to him every single day. They believed he was the personification of intelligent, funny, confident conservatism that was willing to take apart liberals who were doing indefensible things, challenge the political elites, and stand up to political censorship.

His audience was powerful. I can tell you this from personal experience. When we ran the 1994 Contract with America, Republicans had been out of power in the house for 40 years. Rush’s help was absolutely vital to winning that election, communicating the issues to the country, rallying people, and helping key candidates win.

I used to go down and visit with Rush once he had left New York and gone down to Palm Beach. He moved partly because he was fed up with being surrounded by New York liberals. In Palm Beach, he found a lot of conservative friends. Two of them, Gay and Stanley Gaines, are now among our closest friends. We would often get together at Gay and Stanley’s. Bill Bennett would come down, and Rush would join us for a long weekend. My children and their spouses would come down. On one occasion my son-in-law Paul Lubbers hit a hole in one, while golfing with a Rush and Stanley. He has a card to this day testifying to that hole in one signed by Rush Limbaugh, so it’s a genuine collector’s item. ...
More

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2021, 09:40:27 pm »
That brings a tear to the eye.

I have many tears right now.  Bought my grandson all the Rush Revere books.  There will never be another conservative radio host with his ability to discern what the leftists were doing.  I am truly going to miss his show; I tuned in for at least part of his show every day for years.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2021, 09:58:09 pm »
A great light in the conservative movement has gone out. I admit to being a bit devastated by this....just a man, of course, but a great one who cannot be replaced. We shall not again see his like.

I agree.  I was hoping for some miracle.  At least another 10 years.  SO SAD.  R.I.P. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2021, 10:33:39 pm »
I logged off twitter because the left has taken it over with their disgusting comments on Rush...Now Breitbart is doing columns on what the leftist pigs are saying  9999hair out0000

It’s getting as ugly as when Reagan died.   The left on the internet were absolutely giddy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!