Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed  (Read 6367 times)

Online libertybele

Re: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2021, 07:30:23 pm »
Nah, anything that wastes Trump's time is a LOSE, LOSE!!   And this proposal is a BIG waste of his time.

Why is him advocating for or against candidates and ridding Congress of RINO's a waste of time?

OR --- let the GOP die (they're pretty much DOA anyways) and form a new party/insert renewed constitutional Republic?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2021, 07:45:38 pm »
No offense to DJT, but 3 hours unflitered live on the radio would be disastrous.

Yeah, can you imagine 3 hours of unfiltered Trump subconscious? No thanks. I honestly don't think there are many people who could pull off a show like that. Listen to folks who guest hosted talk about how hard it was for them to come up with 3 hours of material. Rush was a hard worker, but he made it seem almost effortless.

I do think Tucker would be a good host, but I'm not sure even he could handle 3 hours a day.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2021, 08:43:08 pm »
Inserting Donald Trump into this time slot would be perfect in so many ways:

What better way to connect to not only his supporters, but Rush supporters and those liberals and independents tuning in to hear what he's saying.

Most importantly, he would be an absolute thorn in Mitch's side.  Example:  Trump comes on the air and states, "folks we need to work on getting better GOP leadership in the Senate ... call your senators to demand he is no longer senate minority leader" ... he then could interview several figures better for the job ....

Trump could continue to start picking off RINO's like, Romney, one by one and interview conservatives to replace them.

This is the perfect avenue and a chance to win back seats in '22.

Those that say he has better things to do?  What better agenda then to ensure a fair election and win back seats?? 

The opportunity for him and us to rid the Senate and House of RINO's would be great ... he doesn't have to do rallies -- he would do them from his seat of talk radio.

After all .. he wanted to drain the swamp AND he mentioned creating his own network. 

He has the personality, talk radio extends his presence, gives him and opportunity to fire back at the liberals and he already has a tremendous audience.

It is a WIN, WIN!!

Sorry. No way.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2021, 10:05:44 pm »
Outside of the box thinking...  Maybe weird thinking.  James Woods is blacklisted in Hollywood but has celebrity.  Could he pull it off?

Edit to add:  More outside the box stuff.  Kelsey Grammar? 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:29:28 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2021, 11:21:03 pm »
Inserting Donald Trump into this time slot would be perfect in so many ways:

What better way to connect to not only his supporters, but Rush supporters and those liberals and independents tuning in to hear what he's saying.

Most importantly, he would be an absolute thorn in Mitch's side.  Example:  Trump comes on the air and states, "folks we need to work on getting better GOP leadership in the Senate ... call your senators to demand he is no longer senate minority leader" ... he then could interview several figures better for the job ....

Trump could continue to start picking off RINO's like, Romney, one by one and interview conservatives to replace them.

This is the perfect avenue and a chance to win back seats in '22.

Those that say he has better things to do?  What better agenda then to ensure a fair election and win back seats?? 

The opportunity for him and us to rid the Senate and House of RINO's would be great ... he doesn't have to do rallies -- he would do them from his seat of talk radio.

After all .. he wanted to drain the swamp AND he mentioned creating his own network. 

He has the personality, talk radio extends his presence, gives him and opportunity to fire back at the liberals and he already has a tremendous audience.

It is a WIN, WIN!!

I could never listen to Trump talk for that long.  Sometimes it's hard to get through his speeches.  Whereas, I could listen to Rush all day long. 

@catfish1957   Yes, it would be disastrous!

Online libertybele

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2021, 11:33:43 pm »
I could never listen to Trump talk for that long.  Sometimes it's hard to get through his speeches.  Whereas, I could listen to Rush all day long. 

@catfish1957   Yes, it would be disastrous!

It wouldn't be him talking but rather interviewing potential conservative candidates to replace RINO's. 

Also a way for him to connect with a larger audience.

Just a thought I tossed out there  -- obviously people aren't sold on the Trump idea.

Kathryn Limbaugh is supposed to be on the show tomorrow -- we'll perhaps know what that plans are tomorrow.

I''m back to Todd Hermann -- he's young enough, has filled in for Rush most recently. Here's a little bit more on him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Herman                                                                     
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:48:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2021, 03:25:38 am »
It wouldn't be him talking but rather interviewing potential conservative candidates to replace RINO's. 

Also a way for him to connect with a larger audience.

Just a thought I tossed out there  -- obviously people aren't sold on the Trump idea.

Kathryn Limbaugh is supposed to be on the show tomorrow -- we'll perhaps know what that plans are tomorrow.

I''m back to Todd Hermann -- he's young enough, has filled in for Rush most recently. Here's a little bit more on him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Herman                                                                   

I read that they are going to make the shows a combination of guest hosts and old clips of Rush, until the listeners are ready to move on.

It really underscores what a unique and remarkable individual Rush was - that people are skeptical that anyone can pick up where he left off and carry on.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2021, 06:56:35 am »
POTUS TRUMP WOULD BE GREAT. 

Offline verga

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2021, 01:16:34 pm »
Nobody can do what Rush did, but nobody should try. One name I've thought of who could rip liberals and deliver humor is Steve Crowder of Louder With Crowder.
Crowder's delivery might be a little hard-edged for many people, but he's smart enough to know when to ease up if given a huge national audience. He's also a lot younger than most of them.
I don't expect it to be him. But Hannity he's not. Nor Levin, nor Ben Shapiro. nor Beck, nor Todd Herman,  nor any of the other conservative talk show hosts.
He is not an angry shouter. And he's young enough to attract the younger demographic.
I don't know if he's under discussion by the big thinkers who are looking to replace Limbaugh. He can't be replaced. But Crowder would be my pick.
Absolutely LOVE Crowder
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online libertybele

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2021, 10:38:01 pm »
Did anyone get a chance to tune in today's program?  I didn't get a chance.  Kathryn was supposed to be on today.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2021, 12:15:55 am »
Did anyone get a chance to tune in today's program?  I didn't get a chance.  Kathryn was supposed to be on today.
You can listen to it here: https://www.steynonline.com/11088/for-people-like-you-that-keep-it-turned-on?fbclid=IwAR2ZUnMoHeXidOLS6XRyQOoiE1NF1IEG0bkOvvWqYMQ_G57NRIGMk8vIFoQ
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2021, 12:46:02 am »
Thank you @mountaineer  Wonderful that they are going to do a virtual memorial; A Celebration of Life" for his audience to view.  I'm thinking Elton will pay a tribute. It's will be very sad, but my hunch is Kathryn and others are going to make sure that it is very tastefully done with many big names paying tribute.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2021, 10:14:08 am »
There has been speculation that Donald Trump may continue on in his spot.  I think he'd be perfect.  He has an audience.  He has the personality and the lefts head would spin!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Even those of us who voted for him the second time around can't bear to listen to him ramble on. He is terribly inarticulate. And he's even more repetitive than Hannity (who drives me crazy).

I want someone who has a gift for digging deep and sizing things up accurately. Dinesh D'Sousa comes to mind. I want someone who makes me think. Someone who can offer a new way of examining/presenting/explaining a concept. Someone who is a deep thinker who has the ability to relay info.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2021, 05:21:26 pm »

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Even those of us who voted for him the second time around can't bear to listen to him ramble on. He is terribly inarticulate. And he's even more repetitive than Hannity (who drives me crazy).

I want someone who has a gift for digging deep and sizing things up accurately. Dinesh D'Sousa comes to mind. I want someone who makes me think. Someone who can offer a new way of examining/presenting/explaining a concept. Someone who is a deep thinker who has the ability to relay info.
Limbaugh had a number of qualities that made him the best ever.....the  conservative message, the voice, and the humor. Above all he was entertaining.
D'Sousa is a pretty smart guy, but I doubt he'd come close to what Limbaugh did overall. Of course, nobody could.
But being entertaining was a big part of Limbaugh's appeal. A humorless wonk simply will not work no matter how smart.

Online libertybele

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2021, 05:49:29 pm »
Cruz has the #1 podcast in the country.  Give him the show; keeping the same co-host and  bring on D'Souza  as well.  3 hours is a huge amount of time to fill -- with the 3 of them, I think it would be a great show.

It would bring the same truth and integrity the Rush brought to us.

Face it.  Right now the left is doing everything to get rid of Ted.  He won't get re-elected.  I think this would be a perfect venue for him and we all need a voice of true conservatism.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2021, 06:06:51 pm »
Cruz has the #1 podcast in the country.  Give him the show; keeping the same co-host and  bring on D'Souza  as well.  3 hours is a huge amount of time to fill -- with the 3 of them, I think it would be a great show.

Face it.  Right now the left is doing everything to get rid of Ted.  He won't get re-elected.  I think this would be a perfect venue for him and we all need a voice of true conservatism.
*****rollingeyes*****

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:00 pm »
I accidentally turned on the radio this morning in somewhat of a habit, before realizing it won't be the same. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2021, 06:34:40 pm »

This would be an awful venue for any politician because this role is 50% entertainer.  Count on anything said, even in jest, to be misrepresented and national news.  The politician-radio show host would be on the defensive 24/7 and would ultimately lose the battle.

He's got to decide if he wants to be reelected to the Senate in 2024 or run in the Presidential primaries, not diddle around in talk radio.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2021, 08:37:06 pm »
Limbaugh had a number of qualities that made him the best ever.....the  conservative message, the voice, and the humor. Above all he was entertaining.
D'Sousa is a pretty smart guy, but I doubt he'd come close to what Limbaugh did overall. Of course, nobody could.
But being entertaining was a big part of Limbaugh's appeal. A humorless wonk simply will not work no matter how smart.

@goatprairie

To whom are you referring? D'Sousa isn't humorless. His humor is different from Rush's and perhaps drier and more subtle, but I'm sure you'll agree that no one will be able to replicate Rush's shtick. He was one of a kind, and we all know it. If one person takes over hosting the show, my vote is still for D'Sousa. I'm open to other suggestions.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2021, 08:44:33 pm »

@libertybele

No, I want Cruz as my senator, not a talk show host. Unfortunately, he has both the left and so-called members of the right to deal with as we've recently seen. Cruz doesn't have the charm Rush does, and, after the incessant drubbing he's taken from the left and the right, he's damaged goods right now. We need someone who can make a connection with the audience. Someone with a story about how dear our liberties here in the US are (such as someone who moved here from another country) could help others to see what we're losing if we don't fight like mad against the tyrannical left.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:26 pm »
@goatprairie

To whom are you referring? D'Sousa isn't humorless. His humor is different from Rush's and perhaps drier and more subtle, but I'm sure you'll agree that no one will be able to replicate Rush's shtick. He was one of a kind, and we all know it. If one person takes over hosting the show, my vote is still for D'Sousa. I'm open to other suggestions.
I might be wrong about D'Sousa's sense of humor, but I have heard him speak. Electrifying does not come to mind.
Again, I realize it will be impossible to duplicate what Limbaugh did overall, nevertheless the element of entertainment can't be discounted. Which is why I like Crowder. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2021, 10:32:00 pm »
@libertybele

No, I want Cruz as my senator, not a talk show host. Unfortunately, he has both the left and so-called members of the right to deal with as we've recently seen. Cruz doesn't have the charm Rush does, and, after the incessant drubbing he's taken from the left and the right, he's damaged goods right now. We need someone who can make a connection with the audience. Someone with a story about how dear our liberties here in the US are (such as someone who moved here from another country) could help others to see what we're losing if we don't fight like mad against the tyrannical left.

Unless the GOP and the RNC get up off their butts and actually do something to ensure a fair election, you won't see many GOP seated. They want Cruz gone as much as they wanted Trump gone.

With Cruz having the #1 podcast; he has enough personality to pull it off. He connects. The MSM and the rest of the anti-Cruzers would like you to think otherwise.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2021, 11:58:53 pm »
Someone mentioned James Woods as a replacement. Now that is an interesting suggestion. Woods is definitely smart enough. He’s able to handle detractors and he’s witty.
No to Cruz - he needs to stay in the Senate. A big no to Trump.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline verga

« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2021, 01:38:13 pm »
Someone mentioned James Woods as a replacement. Now that is an interesting suggestion. Woods is definitely smart enough. He’s able to handle detractors and he’s witty.
No to Cruz - he needs to stay in the Senate. A big no to Trump.
Another plus for Woods is that He has got a thick skin and doesn't give a crap about what the libtards think. Couple that with his quick wit and you have a winning combination.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2021, 01:41:40 pm »
Another plus for Woods is that He has got a thick skin and doesn't give a crap about what the libtards think. Couple that with his quick wit and you have a winning combination.
Same with Nick Searcy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org