Author Topic: COVID-19 cases plunging too quickly to be credited to vaccine rollout  (Read 740 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
COVID-19 cases plunging too quickly to be credited to vaccine rollout
by David Hogberg, Healthcare Reporter |
 | February 17, 2021 06:08 AM

COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations have dropped dramatically, but epidemiologists say it is probably too early for the coronavirus vaccines to be making the difference.

On Jan. 8, new daily cases of COVID-19 reached an all-time high of 295,121. The seven-day average was about 243,538. On Monday, the seven-day average had fallen to 87,073.

The number of patients hospitalized with the disease peaked on Jan. 6, while the number of those in intensive care units reached a high two days later. Since then, hospitalizations have dropped 51% and ICU hospitalizations have fallen 42%.

Yet, it seems unlikely the improvement is due to the vaccine campaign.

“I don’t think what we’re seeing is a vaccine effect yet,” said Dr. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association. “The reason is that if you look at how much vaccine we’ve delivered … it is much too early.”

By Jan. 6, only about 8 million vaccines had been administered. By Tuesday, the number had reached over 55 million.

But Benjamin thinks that's not enough to have had a decisive impact.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/decline-covid-cases-us-not-vaccine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: COVID-19 cases plunging too quickly to be credited to vaccine rollout
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:37:03 pm »
Could it be rates are dropping so quickly, and in the middle of flu season, because we've been lied to all along? Naaah

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 03:11:01 pm »
I didn't read the article but could it just be nature running its natural course.  The infected the most vulnerable early on and now the strong ones are not getting sick.   Culling the herd like has happened since man beat the hell out of his fellow man to take his wife and all his stuff.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 03:12:15 pm »
They also need to include those that got infected and recovered.  And honestly, another dip from the people who have severe reactions and die.  All these factors reduce the future infection rate.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 03:14:56 pm »
After two weeks (x26 or so) to flatten the curve, could it possibly be that the curve flattened?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 07:18:12 pm »
IMO, the first week of January was too early for the effects of vaccinations on daily new cases to be noticeable. And give or take a couple of days that is when the decline in new cases began. IMO, the surge was related to a combination of weather, people's behavioral changes due to the weather, and possibly large extended family gatherings (the surge began in November, before the Thanksgiving holiday, and continued in the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 03:01:57 pm »
The PCR test detects mRNA of unknown origin.

THe test detects all manner of other mRNA. The testing companies state that the test will show positives for other coronaviruses and some flus.

I'm going to go through my vast collection of ACTUAL science and see if I can find the link to this information. Because they have never isolated the virus per the China CDC director in his own words as interviewed by NBC news, there is no way to prove that the mRNA tests for and finds after 40 cycles belongs to the virus. The virus has never been isolated. The "genome" that the "scientists" have cobbled together by computer modeling, guesswork, and "consensus" is not Science.
Anyone who allows a concoction of mRNA (which the human body produces tens of thousands of these proteins) and dead baby or monkey kidneys and God only knows what other poisons may or may not live to be sorry. The Pzifer vaccine label states that it does not contain the "virus." By definition, a vaccine contains killed or attenuated virus and this unproven experimental treatment does not.

We have months of empirical evidence that masks not only do not work but are making ill. We know that the PCR test results in 90% of more of false positives, and now we are calling an experimental treatment a vaccine. Many will die shortly after the injection, many more will develop autoimmune diseases down the line.

For a period of time in Texas over 20,000 people foolish enough to take the crap PCR test had a positive result, yet a handful of people were actually sick and there's no telling what they had.

As promised, here is the proof of how flawed the PCR testis, from the literature of the testing companies:

excerpt:

From the FDA: “LabCorp COVID-19 RT-PCR test EUA Summary – December 9, 2020; EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) SUMMARY COVID-19 RT-PCR TEST (LABORATORY CORPORATION OF AMERICA)” [pg 2] [6]:

“…The SARS-CoV-2RNA [COVID virus] is generally detectable in respiratory specimens during the acute phase of infection. Positive results are indicative of the presence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA; clinical correlation with patient history and other diagnostic information is necessary to determine patient infection status…THE AGENT DETECTED MAY NOT BE THE DEFINITE CAUSE OF DISEASE (CAPS are mine). Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities.”

Translation: On the one hand, we claim the test can “generally” detect the presence of the COVID virus in a patient. But we admit that “the agent detected” on the test, by which we mean COVID virus, “may not be the definite cause of disease.” We also admit that, unless the patient has an acute infection, we can’t find COVID. Therefore, the idea of “asymptomatic patients” confirmed by the test is nonsense. And even though a positive test for COVID may not indicate the actual cause of disease, all positive tests must be reported—and they will be counted as “COVID cases.” Regardless.

From a manufacturer of PCR test kit elements, Creative Diagnostics, “SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Multiplex RT-qPCR Kit” [7] [7a]:

“Regulatory status: For research use only, not for use in diagnostic procedures.”

Translation: Don’t use the test result alone to diagnose infection or disease. Oops.

“Specificity: non-specific interference of Influenza A Virus (H1N1), Influenza B Virus (Yamagata), Respiratory Syncytial Virus (type B), Respiratory Adenovirus (type 3, type 7), Parainfluenza Virus (type 2), Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Chlamydia Pneumoniae, etc.”

Translation: Although this company states the test can detect COVID, it also states the test can read FALSELY positive if the patient has one of a number of other irrelevant viruses in his body. What is the test proving, then? Who knows? Flip a coin.

“Application: Qualitative”

Translation: This clearly means the test is not suited to detect how much virus is in the patient’s body. That’s another indication that the test is useless for determining whether the patient is ill—since millions and millions of virus must be present, in order to produce illness.

“The detection result of this product is only for clinical reference, and it should not be used as the only evidence for clinical diagnosis and treatment. The clinical management of patients should be considered in combination with their symptoms/signs, history, other laboratory tests and treatment responses. The detection results should not be directly used as the evidence for clinical diagnosis, and are only for the reference of clinicians.”

Translation: Don’t use the test as the exclusive basis for diagnosing a person with COVID. And yet, this is exactly what health authorities are doing all over the world. All positive tests must be reported to government agencies, and they are counted as COVID cases.

Those quotes, from official government and testing sources, torpedo the whole “scientific” basis of the test.

CONCLUSION: The PCR test is useless and deceptive. It provides de facto dictators the opportunity to cite “new case levels” and lock down populations, creating economic and human devastation.

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2021/02/...their-own-lies/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 05:08:17 pm »
PCR tests detect whatever DNA the specific test is designed to detect. This can be learned easily on all kinds of science and medical sites. I've seen this article's BS before and won't burn time responding when I know confirmation bias desire-to-believe will ignore facts.

Who is/are "nomorefakenews.com" that I should believe them?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 05:29:42 pm »
The virus HAS been isolated. How else could they have mapped the virus' genome? How else could they culture it in a lab to see if the RNA segments detected by PCR were still viable or just bits of degraded virus?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sars-cov-2+virus+isolated

My niece had aches and fever a couple of months ago and the PCR test for covid-19 was negative, but the test for flu-A was positive. They can easily tell the difference. There is even a trivalent lateral flow test (same technology used at home for pregnancy)  that can test for covid, influenza-A, and influenza-B simultaneously with a result in around 15 minutes.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 08:09:34 pm »
I didn't read the article but could it just be nature running its natural course.  The infected the most vulnerable early on and now the strong ones are not getting sick.   Culling the herd like has happened since man beat the hell out of his fellow man to take his wife and all his stuff.
Did someone pull the subsidies for having COVID patients?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 08:27:17 pm »
@Bigun @PeteS in CA
False-positive COVID-19 results: hidden problems and costs
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600%2820%2930453-7/fulltext#bib5

False Positives in PCR Tests for COVID-19
By Andrew N. Cohen, PhD

https://www.icd10monitor.com/false-positives-in-pcr-tests-for-covid-19
This article lucidly explains how a seemingly small false positive rate (0.4% to 0.7%) makes a statistically significant impact on the perception of the actual number of positive cases out there.

I'm not saying you were not really sick as all get-out, @PeteS in CA nor that others have not been in that same boat. I'm recalling the seemingly large numbers of "asymptomatic cases" used to pump up the crisis (and justify destructive policies), and recalling that the PCR test is just another indicator, when taken with symptomatic criteria which also indicate illness.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:30:28 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 09:31:17 pm »
PCR tests detect whatever DNA the specific test is designed to detect. This can be learned easily on all kinds of science and medical sites. I've seen this article's BS before and won't burn time responding when I know confirmation bias desire-to-believe will ignore facts.

Who is/are "nomorefakenews.com" that I should believe them?

PCR test DO NOT detect DNA.  The PCR test detects mRNA of unknown origin.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

--John Adams

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 09:44:11 pm »
The virus HAS been isolated. How else could they have mapped the virus' genome? How else could they culture it in a lab to see if the RNA segments detected by PCR were still viable or just bits of degraded virus?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sars-cov-2+virus+isolated

My niece had aches and fever a couple of months ago and the PCR test for covid-19 was negative, but the test for flu-A was positive. They can easily tell the difference. There is even a trivalent lateral flow test (same technology used at home for pregnancy)  that can test for covid, influenza-A, and influenza-B simultaneously with a result in around 15 minutes.

The virus has never been isolated. The "genome" that the "scientists" have cobbled together by computer modeling, guesswork, and "consensus" is not Science.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

--John Adams

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 09:55:10 pm »
The virus has never been isolated. The "genome" that the "scientists" have cobbled together by computer modeling, guesswork, and "consensus" is not Science.

--John Adams
I have little doubt that, somewhere in China, and possibly elsewhere, someone has/had a real good idea of exactly what they are looking for. Delays in producing that information provide a timeline to make "finding" it credible, and add deniability to it being already known.

https://jcm.asm.org/content/58/8/e01068-20
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:01:14 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 12:21:56 am »
The virus has never been isolated.  The "genome" that the "scientists" have cobbled together by computer modeling, guesswork, and "consensus" is not Science.

?????

Complete Genome Sequence of a SARS-CoV-2 Strain Isolated in Northern Germany
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7272567/
Published online 2020 Jun 4

Here, we describe the complete genome sequence of a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated from an oropharyngeal swab sample from a female patient with COVID-19 who was infected in Hamburg, northern Germany....

- - - - - - - - -

Complete Genome Sequence of a 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Strain Isolated in Nepal
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32165386/
2020 Mar 12

A complete genome sequence was obtained for a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated from an oropharyngeal swab specimen of a Nepalese patient with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), who had returned to Nepal after traveling to Wuhan, China....

- - - - -

Complete Genome Sequence of a 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Strain Causing a COVID-19 Case in Morocco
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32616647/
2020 Jul 2

Here, we report a complete genome sequence obtained for a novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated from a nasopharyngeal swab specimen of a Moroccan patient with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:25:22 am by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline unclecoasters

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 06:24:24 am »
@Bigun @PeteS in CA
False-positive COVID-19 results: hidden problems and costs
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600%2820%2930453-7/fulltext#bib5

False Positives in PCR Tests for COVID-19
By Andrew N. Cohen, PhD

https://www.icd10monitor.com/false-positives-in-pcr-tests-for-covid-19
This article lucidly explains how a seemingly small false positive rate (0.4% to 0.7%) makes a statistically significant impact on the perception of the actual number of positive cases out there.

I'm not saying you were not really sick as all get-out, @PeteS in CA nor that others have not been in that same boat. I'm recalling the seemingly large numbers of "asymptomatic cases" used to pump up the crisis (and justify destructive policies), and recalling that the PCR test is just another indicator, when taken with symptomatic criteria which also indicate illness.

Interestingly enough, the WHO published a memo regarding the problem of asymptomatic cases being discovered by PCR tests and suggested any asymptomatic positive tests be repeated.

The memo: https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

Also worth noting, this memo was published on January 13, 2021. And it seems like 2 weeks later we start seeing a sharp decline in cases.

So could the decrease be due to repeated tests making it more difficult to result in a false positive? And if so, then what were the actual numbers ever since this started? And who will take credit or what will be given credit (i.e. "new normal lockdowns", "vaccines") to this decline?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 07:07:04 am by unclecoasters »
What’s The Real Reason COVID Cases Are Declining? Experts Say It’s NOT Due To Vaccines or Lockdowns
https://firstchoiceman.com/2021/03/01/covid-cases-declining-but-not-due-to-vaccines-lockdowns/

Are Universities Destroying Conservative Values? Here’s How Communist China Infiltrated Our Schools
https://firstchoiceman.com/2021/03/02/communist-china-socialist-universities/

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 04:18:28 pm »
?????

Complete Genome Sequence of a SARS-CoV-2 Strain Isolated in Northern Germany
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7272567/
Published online 2020 Jun 4

Here, we describe the complete genome sequence of a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated from an oropharyngeal swab sample from a female patient with COVID-19 who was infected in Hamburg, northern Germany....

- - - - - - - - -

Complete Genome Sequence of a 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Strain Isolated in Nepal
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32165386/
2020 Mar 12

A complete genome sequence was obtained for a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated from an oropharyngeal swab specimen of a Nepalese patient with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), who had returned to Nepal after traveling to Wuhan, China....

- - - - -

Complete Genome Sequence of a 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Strain Causing a COVID-19 Case in Morocco
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32616647/
2020 Jul 2

Here, we report a complete genome sequence obtained for a novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) strain isolated from a nasopharyngeal swab specimen of a Moroccan patient with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)....

Your source for each is the US NIH, a center of the conspiracy. :silly:

More seriously (and on another related sub-topic), PCR tests detect whatever DNA the particular test is designed to detect. In real life, PCR testing is used in many ways, not just as a diagnostic tool for infections. It has been used to analyze DNA in identifying historic personages, such as Egyptian Pharaohs, Richard III of England, and Czar Nicholas' family members. PCR testing is also used to detect from a person's DNA whether a person is a carrier of or has a genetic disease/disorder and to analyze DNA in criminal identification.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 04:37:28 pm »
Seems a lot of COVID-19 policies magically started reversing January 20th.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 06:19:04 pm »
Seems a lot of COVID-19 policies magically started reversing January 20th.

Tony Fauci swings,

Like a pendulum do.