Author Topic: Former NY Gov. Pataki: New York Should Consider Law to Recall Andrew Cuomo  (Read 256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former NY Gov. Pataki: New York Should Consider Law to Recall Andrew Cuomo

Joshua Caplan 16 Feb 2021

Former New York Gov. George Pataki (R) has floated the idea of New York creating a legal mechanism for the state to recall New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) after the Cuomo administration admitted to withholding data on coronavirus deaths in nursing homes due to concerns of a federal investigation.

“I think it would be appropriate to take a hard look at that,” Pataki told the New York Post when asked about the idea. “I only think it should be used in extraordinary cases but when you really have lost confidence in the leadership in your state, I think the opportunity should exist for the majority of the people to say we want something different.”

In 2002, Pataki launched an effort to amend New York’s constitution to create a recall process, however, then-Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D), who is serving a 6 1/2-year prison sentence for federal bribery charges, killed the effort.

On Thursday, secretary to the governor Melissa DeRosa privately apologized to Democrat lawmakers for hiding the nursing home data, admitting that officials “froze” due to concerns that the figures could “be used against us” in a federal probe.

DeRosa reportedly claimed that then-President Donald Trump “direct[ed] the Department of Justice to do an investigation into us.”

“And basically, we froze,” she is said to have told lawmakers.

The story was first reported by the Post.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/16/former-ny-gov-pataki-new-york-should-consider-law-to-recall-andrew-cuomo/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Former NY Gov. Pataki: New York Should Consider Law to Recall Andrew Cuomo
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 11:16:12 pm »
Not. Gonna. Happen.