Author Topic: Judge declines new arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse  (Read 493 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Judge declines new arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse
« on: February 12, 2021, 01:47:33 am »
I really like what this Judge did.  He bitch slapped the DA!  It was epic.

Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger alleged that Kyle Rittenhouse failed to update his address when he moved out of his Antioch apartment in November, amounting to a bail violation.

In addition to a new arrest warrant, Binger asked Judge Bruce Schroeder to increase Rittenhouse’s bail by $200,000. Rittenhouse’s attorneys countered that Rittenhouse is in hiding due to threats.

Schroeder refused both of Binger’s requests. During a testy hearing the judge said people out on bail often fail to update their addresses and aren’t arrested. He ordered Rittenhouse attorney Mark Richards to turn over Rittenhouse’s current physical address but said it would be sealed to the public and only he and the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department would have access to it.

The judge refused to give Binger the address, saying he didn’t want more violence in Kenosha. The move — and the comment — left Binger flabbergasted.

“I hope you’re not suggesting sharing this with our office would lead to further violence,” Binger said. “We are not the public. We are the prosecuting agency. I have never heard of a situation where the information has been withheld from my office.”

Schroeder said the sheriff could handle any further bail violations. Binger countered that Rittenhouse doesn’t live in Kenosha County so the sheriff can’t touch him. Schroeder cut Binger off in mid-sentence and ended the hearing.

https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenhouse-arrest-warrant-declined-863d4aa8da8c8c6e284297036dfff212
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 01:53:57 am by mystery-ak »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Judge declines new arrest warrant for Kyle Rittenhouse
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 09:44:46 am »
Guess I have to grudgingly give some admiration to some in the judicial system.

And to think I was on a roll giving them angst.

Now DAs are another matter all together......
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 01:09:04 pm »
Now DAs are another matter all together......
I don't know about this particular DA, but Soros has poured a lot of money in recent years into getting leftists elected as secretaries of state (those responsible for overseeing the states' elections) and county prosecutors. The frauds that are DAs in San Francisco, Los Angeles and St. Louis are proof enough of that. We're in dire straits when a prosecutor openly refuses to prosecute actual violent criminals, and focuses his/her attention on political prosecutions, like that of the McCloskeys in St. Louis.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 01:30:21 pm »
A reasonable judge, how refreshing. Obviously the kid moved to avoid death threats and prosecuting him for his reluctance to provide a woke DA with his new address is completely understandable.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 02:42:44 pm »
The judge refused to give Binger the address, saying he didn’t want more violence in Kenosha. The move — and the comment — left Binger flabbergasted.

Sounds like Judge Schroeder seriously distrusts DA Binger. Have Binger and his minions done some loose-lipped grandstanding earlier in this case? Past experience with bad faith shenanigans by Binger? Or was the judge simply POed by DA Binger's motion for an action Binger doesn't demand in similar cases/situations (a blatantly obvious politically-driven double-standard).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 02:45:52 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 08:58:21 pm »
Oh I'm SURE Rittenhouse's address w/b safe w/Binger and his staff.  *****rollingeyes*****

Why doesn't he forget about Rittenhouse and pursue sentencing of REAL criminals.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:00:00 pm by mikezpen »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 03:14:35 pm »
Ouch.

I wonder if the judge will start getting threats, then?

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 02:20:47 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 02:31:44 pm »
A few things:

A) Kudos to this judge

B) Kyle rittenhouse acted in self defense

c) Kyle had no business being where he was that night. None.

d) Wearing a "free as bleep" shirt to a bar after you are on trial for a double murder is just stupid. 50% of the country thinks you're guilty of murder. Don't give a shit about your political opinion of this case, that will be used against him in the trial. They will probably screen the jury pool for people thinking of jury nullification. "Conservatives" need to stop acting so stupid.