Author Topic: China Looking at Rare-Earth Export Curbs to Strangle U.S. Defense Industries  (Read 428 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

China Looking at Rare-Earth Export Curbs to Strangle U.S. Defense Industries

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2021/02/16/china-looking-at-rare-earth-export-curbs-to-strangle-u-s-defense-industries-n1425887

China is responsible for about 80 percent of rare-earth minerals exported to the U.S. and with enmity between the two countries growing, it becomes critical to find a way to get around that potential bottleneck in supplies.

Rare-earth minerals are critical in the construction of everything from smartphones to fighter jets. China knows that and is examining ways they can limit exports to the U.S. as a means to pressure Washington.

Donald Trump signed an executive order last year that expands U.S. production of rare-earth minerals and the federal government has taken other steps to boost domestic production.

Thank the Enviros and the Dem enablers for our dependence on China for rare earth minerals (actually, elements), and several decades of Presidents who failed to recognize the growing problem (especially Clinton, Bush, and Obama). There used to be significant mining of rare earth elements in the US, but the Enviros shut it down or got it so entangled in enviro-regs that the mining shut down. As the article mentioned, Trump started to address the problem. Whether Biden allows that effort to continue or shuts it down remains to be seen. I, umm, would not invest in rare earth element mining companies at present, IYKWIM.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Time to mine AMERICA'S Moon.

Time to stop any other country from invading America's moon.

Oh, and perhaps it's time to stop shipping our recylcing resources to Asia and start processing them here.    Once again, nobody would notice if we dumped poisonous industrial effluents onto the streets of San Fransissyco.   Or something.   

Those golf-cart and hybrid lithium batteries?   Reprocess them HERE.   Electronics recycling?  HERE.   Plastics and exotic materials?   Do it here.

We do have rare-earth ores, here.   Time to start digging them again.

Make America Great Again.

Make America independent.   

Time to get rid of the Rodents, obviously.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Time to mine AMERICA'S Moon.

Time to stop any other country from invading America's moon.

Oh, and perhaps it's time to stop shipping our recylcing resources to Asia and start processing them here.    Once again, nobody would notice if we dumped poisonous industrial effluents onto the streets of San Fransissyco.   Or something.   

Those golf-cart and hybrid lithium batteries?   Reprocess them HERE.   Electronics recycling?  HERE.   Plastics and exotic materials?   Do it here.

We do have rare-earth ores, here.   Time to start digging them again.

Make America Great Again.

Make America independent.   

Time to get rid of the Rodents, obviously.

Sadly IIRC the Chinese have a lot of investments in rare earth minerals her pin the U.S. as well.

They are already making plane to mine the moon for minerals.

And to think people laughed at Trump wanting to buy Greenland?  There was a reason and this is the reason.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I say end all trade PERMANENTLY with China.  F*&^ them!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Alaska is rich in critical rare earths
https://www.miningnewsnorth.com/story/2019/06/01/critical-minerals/alaska-is-rich-in-critical-rare-earths/5750.html

Sure.

But I learned a lot from Lilo and Stitch.

There's no way the Rodents are going to allow us to disturb critical mosquito breeding grounds.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.