Author Topic: Biden says US won’t lift sanctions to bring Iran to talks  (Read 415 times)

rangerrebew

Biden says US won’t lift sanctions to bring Iran to talks
« on: February 16, 2021, 12:50:40 pm »
Biden says US won’t lift sanctions to bring Iran to talks
by Agence France-Presse
February 8, 2021

Iran says it may pull out of nuclear treaty over Europe dispute

US President Joe Biden said he won’t lift sanctions against Iran as long as the Islamic republic is not adhering to its nuclear deal commitments.

Asked whether he would halt sanctions to convince Iran to return to the bargaining table, Biden offered a clear reply in a CBS interview aired Sunday: “No.”

The journalist then asked if the Iranians would first have to stop enriching uranium, which drew an affirmative nod from Biden.

The 2015 landmark deal has been hanging by a thread since Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from it in 2018 and reimpose sanctions on Tehran.

https://www.defencetalk.com/biden-says-us-wont-lift-sanctions-to-bring-iran-to-talks-76779/

rangerrebew

Re: Biden says US won’t lift sanctions to bring Iran to talks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:55:11 pm »
I'd be willing to bet in 6 months, if the democrats haven't gotten rid of him, he won't be talking so much smack.  Teachers have used this trick for generations - it is easier to start tough and gradually back out of that position than it is to start out buddy buddy and then have to be tough and controlling.  It can create a lot of problems to have to establish your tough side later. :yowsa:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »
Did he offer to sell them a bridge, too? Biden will cave, if only because of the Israel-Haters with whom he's populated his MalAdministration.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 01:19:00 am »
No, I can see a better way for Iran than that.

Iran continues it's work on the bomb, asks the Usurper for a couple hundred billion in small unmarked bills, like all the new Tubmans the Americans are going to shun, and then the Usurper will lift the sanctions.

Obama will be ordering this into the Usurper's ear soon enough.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 01:20:08 am »
I'd be willing to bet in 6 months, if the democrats haven't gotten rid of him, he won't be talking so much smack.  Teachers have used this trick for generations - it is easier to start tough and gradually back out of that position than it is to start out buddy buddy and then have to be tough and controlling.  It can create a lot of problems to have to establish your tough side later. :yowsa:

I can't imagine any enemy of the United States that the Rodents will be tough on, unless China decides to put Russia down for some reason.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.