Author Topic: Mitch McConnell deepens GOP civil war by warning he could OPPOSE Trump-backed candidates such as dau  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell deepens GOP civil war by warning he could OPPOSE Trump-backed candidates such as daughter-in-law Lara and Marjorie Taylor Green in favor of 'electable' Republicans

Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader, voted Saturday to acquit Trump
    He later accused the president of a 'disgraceful dereliction of duty'
    McConnell managed to anger both supporters and critics of Trump
    On Sunday McConnell said he was focused now on the 2022 races
    He said he'd only back 'electable' candidates, regardless of Trump's direction
    McConnell did not mention names but he has been troubled by Taylor Greene
    On Sunday a column in The Lexington Herald-Leader excoriated McConnell

By Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com

Published: 22:50 EST, 14 February 2021 | Updated: 07:33 EST, 15 February 2021

Mitch McConnell has said he is open to opposing any 'unelectable' candidates in 2022, even if they are strongly backed by Donald Trump, as he wrestles with how to handle a deeply-divided party following Trump's impeachment hearing.

McConnell voted on Saturday to acquit the former president, but then publicly attacked him, accusing him of a 'disgraceful dereliction of duty' in his most critical remarks ever uttered.

His tightrope walk between defending and demonizing the former president impressed few.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9260671/McConnell-deepens-GOP-civil-war-hinting-oppose-Trump-backed-candidates.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I'm sick of this idiot calling the shots. Is it at all possible to depose this putz?

BTW it looks like Parler is back on line,

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm sick of this idiot calling the shots. Is it at all possible to depose this putz?

Yes and no.  I can log in on my App now, but there is no content.  I cannot log into the web version at all.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

McConnell says Marjorie Taylor Green is not electable? Is he aware that she was elected to the House just 3 months ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Longiron

Correct but why does not TRUMP take on McConnell publicly ? We all know McConnell is probably the most corrupt politicians in DC. Yet not a peep from TRUMP calling him out for his RINO Votes or exposing his corrupt activities??? Yet China Mitch beats the crap out of TRUMP publicly and not a WORD from TRUMP. Is that the so called leader of the R PARTY ( TRUMP)? ****slapping

Offline Hoodat

Mitch McConnell has been a Trump-backed candidate for his last two elections.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
There was discussion of this topic yesterday.  Mitch IS a problem. Again, IMHO I think we need to contact our Senators and DEMAND that they remove Mitch from leadership.  He continues to destroy the GOP and he is destroying our Republic.  Get rid of Mitch and there's at least a slim chance that the GOP survives. 

Keep in mind that he is in part responsible for conservatives not getting seated; he keeps his incumbents that march to his drum and he directs who the NRSC financially supports. Conservatives trying to get seated rarely have a chance (just ask Cruz).  RINO's will continue to carry on and get seated as long as he's the GOP Senate leader.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline cato potatoe

McConnell says Marjorie Taylor Green is not electable? Is he aware that she was elected to the House just 3 months ago.

He didn't mention names.  The party does need to force a change in narrative.  They were successful in turning Obama into a lightning rod ... but there is no guarantee that will happen with Biden.  Where the candidates were generic, they won in 2010 ... where they were wiccan, or referred to "second amendment remedies," they lost.  Hopefully that is what McConnell is driving at.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mitch's is asking for one helluva fight ....

There's an event/rally in West Palm Beach today in honor of President Trump on President's Day ...   happy77

Benny
@bennyjohnson

BREAKING: Former President Trump just drove by the West Palm Beach Presidents Day rally in a motorcade.

Video:  

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1361401104244875268

2:44 PM · Feb 15, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Shouted from the crowd:  "We know you won!  Everybody knows you won ... even the losers!" 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He didn't mention names.  The party does need to force a change in narrative.  They were successful in turning Obama into a lightning rod ... but there is no guarantee that will happen with Biden.  Where the candidates were generic, they won in 2010 ... where they were wiccan, or referred to "second amendment remedies," they lost.  Hopefully that is what McConnell is driving at.

McConnell just bashed Trump who helped him get seated again.  McConnell's past record is one of a RINO.  Time to replace his leadership role with a conservative; We the People need to get on the phones, e-mails, etc., and DEMAND he be replaced.

What good has he done??  He is destroying any conservatism left in the GOP.  That is ALL he's doing.  He's always been a RINO and he's on team Chuckie once again.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
McConnell, Romney, and many others, including those that agreed to help Democrats impeach Trump, HAVE GOT TO GO, regardless of the costs.  If you want the body to survive, you have to remove the cancerous tissues.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Longiron complains:
"why does not TRUMP take on McConnell publicly ? We all know McConnell is probably the most corrupt politicians in DC"

As the old saying goes, when your opponent seems bent on destroying himself, best to just stay out of the way...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Correct but why does not TRUMP take on McConnell publicly ? We all know McConnell is probably the most corrupt politicians in DC. Yet not a peep from TRUMP calling him out for his RINO Votes or exposing his corrupt activities??? Yet China Mitch beats the crap out of TRUMP publicly and not a WORD from TRUMP. Is that the so called leader of the R PARTY ( TRUMP)? ****slapping

??? Trump no longer holds political office so that would be quite futile and a back and forth battle that's not needed.

Trump wasn't convicted. He won that battle. I'm glad he let things go. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 02:22:31 am by libertybele »