Author Topic: Biden says China will 'eat our lunch' after downplaying threat in 2019  (Read 346 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Evie Fordham FOXBusiness 2/11/2021

Biden seemed to contradict his statements about China on the campaign trail in 2019

Biden won’t do anything to stop China’s Communist Party: Sen. Scott

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., argues China’s President Xi Jinping will continue to ‘lie to America citizens.’

President Biden warned that China will "eat our lunch" on Thursday after speaking with Chinese President Xi Jinping for the first time Wednesday night since becoming president – a sentiment that seemed to contradict some of his statements on the campaign trail.

"Last night I was on the phone with for two straight hours with Xi Jinping," Biden told reporters in the Oval Office. "It was a good conversation, I know him well, we spent a lot of time together over the years I was vice president, but if we don't get moving, they're going to eat our lunch. They have major, major new initiatives on rail, they already have rail that goes 325 miles per hour with ease. They are working very hard to do what I think we're gonna have to do."

BIDEN LAYS OUT 'PRESCRIPTION' FOR U.S.-CHINA RELATIONS IN FIRST CALL WITH XI JINPING SINCE TAKING OFFICE

"The auto industry is already there. So is labor. They're working very hard to try to move in a position where they end up being the source of a new way in which to power automobiles, which they're going to invest a lot of money. They're investing billions of dollars in dealing with a whole range of issues that relate to transportation and the environment ... so we just have to step up," Biden continued.

More: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-china-economic-threat-xi-jinping-campaign-2019

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Biden says China will 'eat our lunch' after downplaying threat in 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 03:51:01 am »
I guess Captain Dementia circled the ship back on that one.