Author Topic: Dems Rush New COVID Bill While Feds Sit On $1.3 Trillion In Unspent Relief Funds  (Read 142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems Rush New COVID Bill While Feds Sit On $1.3 Trillion In Unspent Relief Funds
I & I Editorial Board
February 11, 2021

I&I Editorial

‘Time is a luxury our country does not have.” That was Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer explaining why Democrats are in such a mad rush to pass a massive $1.9 trillion COVID “relief” bill. 

What Schumer, President Joe Biden and other Democrats, and the mainstream media fail to mention is that the government still hasn’t spent $1.3 trillion of the previous COVID relief funds. If the public knew that, would a majority be in favor of anything like the new Biden plan?

For those with short memories, there have been five COVID relief bills in less than a year, with total spending of $4.1 trillion – all financed by deficit spending. President Donald Trump signed the most recent bill – valued at $900 billion – just six weeks ago. Also, there have been “administrative actions” that add up to $700 billion.

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget has been keeping close track of the spending with its COVID Money Tracker tool, and finds that there are still $1.1 trillion from those five COVID bills that has yet to be “committed or disbursed.”

About 60% of that is from the last bill Trump signed. But there’s $195 billion left over from the CARES Act passed last March; $125 billion from the Families First Act; and $220 billion still to be spent from the Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act, which passed last April.

There’s also another $200 billion in “administrative actions” that hasn’t been spent, the tracker shows.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/02/11/dont-tell-anyone-but-biden-still-has-1-3-trillion-in-trump-approved-covid-funds-to-spend/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"...the mainstream media fail to mention is that the government still hasn’t spent $1.3 trillion of the previous COVID relief funds."

Hmmmm....
Is that where my $600 stimulus payment that never showed up is...?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"...the mainstream media fail to mention is that the government still hasn’t spent $1.3 trillion of the previous COVID relief funds."

Hmmmm....
Rejoice, if you didn't receive your stimulus payment you will be able to claim it on your taxes. Ain't that sweet? Hey you're having a tough time because we've shut down the country and destroyed jobs, so if you didn't get that gift of your own damn money to help you out don't be dismayed because months down the road you can claim it on your taxes. I bet Mr. Bullshit Purple Hearts has a witty comment for that too!

Offline skeeter

Hmmmm....
That money will come in handy when the time comes to payoff rat interest groups. Especially 'cause no one will be watching anymore.