Author Topic: Carolyn Maloney unveils gun safety legislation package  (Read 648 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carolyn Maloney unveils gun safety legislation package
« on: February 10, 2021, 08:04:47 pm »
Carolyn Maloney unveils gun safety legislation package
By Jordan Williams - 02/10/21 02:34 PM EST

House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday unveiled a legislative package of five bills focused on gun safety.

Maloney introduced the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act, which would make gun trafficking a felony and make straw purchasing — when someone buys a gun for another person who is ineligible — a felony as opposed to a misdemeanor.

She also introduced the Handgun Trigger Safety Act, which would incentivize the development of “smart-gun technology” that would only allow authorized gun owners to fire a gun. In addition, Maloney introduced the Firearm Risks Protection Act, which would require gun owners to purchase liability insurance.

The New York Democrat also unveiled the Gunshow Loop Hole Act to require people who buy guns at gun shows to undergo background checks. In addition, the NICS Review Act would require the FBI retain records of the National Instant Criminal Background Check system for at least 90 days so that the agency and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can review records.

Maloney’s proposals will likely have a hard time getting much traction. Even if they advanced past the Democratically controlled House, they would need at least 10 Republican votes to get to the 60 needed to get through the Senate.

However, Maloney expressed optimism that the Senate would take up gun safety legislation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/538257-maloney-unveils-gun-safety-legislation-package
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: Carolyn Maloney unveils gun safety legislation package
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 01:25:27 am »
I keep finding myself asking what part of "Shall not infringe" do these jack wagon's not understand?  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 01:34:24 am »
I keep finding myself asking what part of "Shall not infringe" do these jack wagon's not understand?  :shrug:

"Predicate Clause!  Predicate Clause!!! Bwawwwk!"

Maybe I miss that guy?  Nawww.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 07:04:40 pm »
"Predicate Clause!  Predicate Clause!!! Bwawwwk!"

Maybe I miss that guy?  Nawww.

I don't miss his dissembling triangulation and circular arguments.  But I have to admit he kept me sharp on my legal arguments that totally debunked his Liberal talking points.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!