Author Topic: Sen. Rand Paul: 'You Can't Just Criminalize Republican Speech and Ignore All the Democrats Who Have  (Read 477 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sen. Rand Paul: 'You Can't Just Criminalize Republican Speech and Ignore All the Democrats Who Have Incited Violence'
By Susan Jones | February 8, 2021 | 6:21am EST

(CNSNews.com) - "You can't just criminalize Republican speech and ignore all the Democrats who have incited violence," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) told "Fox News Sunday."

Paul told host Chris Wallace that efforts to overturn the election results were "misguided."

But I think if we are going to criminalize speech and somehow impeach everybody who says, oh, go fight to (make) your voices heard, really we ought to impeach Chuck Schumer then.

He went to the Supreme Court, stood in front of the Supreme Court and said specifically, hey, Gorsuch, hey Kavanaugh, you've unleashed a whirlwind and you're going to pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you continue with these awful decisions.

This inflammatory wording, this violent rhetoric of Chuck Schumer was so bad that the chief justice, who rarely says anything publicly, immediately said this kind of language is dangerous, as a mob tried to invade the Supreme Court.

So if people want to hold President Trump accountable for language, there has to be a consistent standard. And to my mind, it's a partisan farce because they're not doing anything to Chuck Schumer, not doing anything to Representative Omar, not doing anything to Maxine Waters. It's just not fair. It's just partisan politics under a different name.

video
https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/susan-jones/sen-rand-paul-you-cant-just-criminalize-republican-speech-and-ignore
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Lets come to grips with established procedures here.  Trump was unacceptable as he must have had hangnails somewhere.
Neither Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, or any of the other Republicans are flawless enough to be acceptable.  So by default we must and can only have Schumer, Biden, AOC, Pelosi, and such as government politicians.  We can never get some one good enough until the 2nd coming of Christ, and then he might get stoned even then.  So by consensus of opinion, we can all agree, only democrats can be allowed to govern/rule.  JUST LIKE WE NEARLY HAVE NOW.  EVER WATCH A DOG CHASE IT'S TAIL FUTILELY ?  STICK AROUND....the wolves out number the sheep, and they are hungry.....
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sen. Rand Paul: 'You Can't Just Criminalize Republican Speech and Ignore All the Democrats Who Have Incited Violence'
By Susan Jones | February 8, 2021 | 6:21am EST

(CNSNews.com) - "You can't just criminalize Republican speech and ignore all the Democrats who have incited violence," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) told "Fox News Sunday."

Paul told host Chris Wallace that efforts to overturn the election results were "misguided."

But I think if we are going to criminalize speech and somehow impeach everybody who says, oh, go fight to (make) your voices heard, really we ought to impeach Chuck Schumer then.

He went to the Supreme Court, stood in front of the Supreme Court and said specifically, hey, Gorsuch, hey Kavanaugh, you've unleashed a whirlwind and you're going to pay the price. You won't know what hit you if you continue with these awful decisions.

This inflammatory wording, this violent rhetoric of Chuck Schumer was so bad that the chief justice, who rarely says anything publicly, immediately said this kind of language is dangerous, as a mob tried to invade the Supreme Court.

So if people want to hold President Trump accountable for language, there has to be a consistent standard. And to my mind, it's a partisan farce because they're not doing anything to Chuck Schumer, not doing anything to Representative Omar, not doing anything to Maxine Waters. It's just not fair. It's just partisan politics under a different name.

video
https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/susan-jones/sen-rand-paul-you-cant-just-criminalize-republican-speech-and-ignore

Well, Rand's logic is there. No it's not fair.  The House would have to punish Omar or Waters and that's not going to happen, the DEMS have the majority.  Chuckie is the head of the Senate, so not a chance.  One set of rules for the DEMS and one set of rules for the rest.

There has also been talk of if past presidents can be impeached, then impeach Obama.  Only problem is, impeachment proceedings start in the House .... again, the DEMS have the majority ... they will never even take up the vote to impeach him.  Not a chance.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It if was not for double standards, Democrats would have none at all. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.

They are gonna go after Republicans like they did Gen Flynn, false/invented witness, just fine.  When hitlery goes before a Court to answer for here felonies/Treason, then you might see a glimmer of hope of justice coming.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

I would vociferously disagree with Paul's characterization of trying to get a hearing for charges of voter fraud as 'overturning the election' and they were definitely NOT 'misguided'. Otherwise he's dead-on.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I would vociferously disagree with Paul's characterization of trying to get a hearing for charges of voter fraud as 'overturning the election' and they were definitely NOT 'misguided'. Otherwise he's dead-on.
Agreed. It was the fraud that overturned the election, not trying to expose it and set things right. Nothing misguided in real justice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Of course you can.

It's what Rodents are famous for.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.