Author Topic: Senate eyes speedy Trump impeachment trial  (Read 170 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate eyes speedy Trump impeachment trial
« on: February 08, 2021, 12:30:51 am »
Senate eyes speedy Trump impeachment trial
By Jordain Carney - 02/07/21 05:28 PM EST

Senators say a historic second impeachment trial for former President Trump could last just a matter of days in what is shaping up to be a speedy process.

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) are still trying to get a deal on the organization of the trial, which is scheduled to start on Tuesday.

But senators are signaling they want to get it over with quickly, suggesting it could last roughly a week. Democrats, while arguing Trump’s trial is necessary, are also focusing their political energy on passing coronavirus relief.
ADVERTISEMENT

“I just can’t imagine that it’s going to go beyond a week,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.). “I don’t think there’s a lot of enthusiasm for this thing from anybody.”

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), asked about his own preference on trial length, said, “I don’t think it needs to last more than a week.”

“A couple of days for each side would be sufficient,” he added.

Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), a close ally of President Biden, said the trial should last “days.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/537634-senate-eyes-speedy-trump-impeachment-trial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Senate eyes speedy Trump impeachment trial
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 12:43:57 am »
Speedy, right.

We find DJT guilty of insurrection. He is declared no longer fit to hold public office, voters be damned. Proceedings closed.

America is being run by outlaws and most of us have no clue.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:45:18 am by skeeter »