Poll

Your Top Conservative Presidential candidates for 2024.

You may only select up to 5 options.

Author Topic: Your top 5 Conservative Presidential candidates for 2024.  (Read 8593 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Your top 5 Conservative Presidential candidates for 2024.
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2021, 03:11:31 am »
Sorry...I got lost in "that guy."  LOL!  She's good so far, but a shallow record.

Right. But she does have balls. Which is more than I can say for most. She stood in that maelstrom and would not move. Conviction shows character. Predictably, I can vote for that.

I like Cruz and Cotton, but I still prefer a Governor with executive experience.  The top skill of a Senator seems to be to compromise.

That's right. I would much prefer a governor, which used to be the rule of thumb.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2021, 03:27:06 am »
Sorry...I got lost in "that guy."  LOL!  She's good so far, but a shallow record.  I like Cruz and Cotton, but I still prefer a Governor with executive experience.  The top skill of a Senator seems to be to compromise.
I concur. Noem looks good so far, more digging and time will tell. She sure stood up to the GOPe and the Medical Micromanagers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2021, 12:38:17 pm »
Yes, it’s way too early...but it might be informative to see who our little internal sample of conservatives see as the best 5 Presidential candidates for 2024.

My picks are:
1. Donald J Trump
2. Ted Cruz
3. Rand Paul
4. Ron DeSantis
5. Josh Hawley

Honorable Mention: Greg Abbott, Kristi Noem

There is only one candidate and we all know it.

He is the leader of our party.
Because an election was stolen does not mean we throw a fine man under the bus.

The Donald.

Donald Trump.

It is disgusting to see Never Trumper action on a relatively conservative political site.

Slide Rule.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2021, 12:45:53 pm »
Any of those listed, and add Noem.
I do not know yet if Trump will run again.
I guess we will all know in 4 years.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2021, 06:38:13 pm »
Ah. SODAK. The one who stood against the mask mandates and lockdowns? I remember that. very good.
And that's where she shot up my leaderboard. I'd heard of Noem when she'd been in SD's at-large Congress seat. (She's also responsible for unleashing Tomi Lahren on the world, since Noem hired her as a staffer before OAN plucked her up—but I can forgive her for that.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2021, 07:13:17 pm »

There is only one candidate and we all know it.

He is the leader of our party.
Because an election was stolen does not mean we throw a fine man under the bus.

The Donald.

Donald Trump.

It is disgusting to see Never Trumper action on a relatively conservative political site.

Slide Rule.

You are kidding I hope.  There are many of us Trump supporters that are more than willing to have some one new take the mantle and run with his ideas.  Calling everyone here a NT who doesn't want him in 2024 is a losing hand.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2021, 07:21:05 pm »
You are kidding I hope.  There are many of us Trump supporters that are more than willing to have some one new take the mantle and run with his ideas.  Calling everyone here a NT who doesn't want him in 2024 is a losing hand.

Agreed. Right now, he's just trying to make it through his 2nd ridiculous impeachment.  Give the guy a break, he'll be 78 in 2024.

First thing of order; find a way to even have a fair election, otherwise, it's not going to matter who runs, the DEMS will seat who they want.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2021, 08:21:26 pm »
And that's where she shot up my leaderboard. I'd heard of Noem when she'd been in SD's at-large Congress seat. (She's also responsible for unleashing Tomi Lahren on the world, since Noem hired her as a staffer before OAN plucked her up—but I can forgive her for that.)

Shrugs  :shrug:

Can't say yet... I LIKE that she stood directly in libertarianism in a maelstrom against it and would_not_move. That speaks of character. But I don't get distracted by shiny things. I can applaud it for sure, but how is she doing on budget? Where is she on defense and moral issues? Because I will not settle for less than the whole enchilada.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2021, 08:44:42 pm »
Cruz

Jordan

Lee

Zeldin

DeSantis
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2021, 09:22:58 pm »
There are few here that would claim Trump does not have a LOCK ON 2024, should he decide to run.  However, he will be four years older, and after he has a chance to unwind and return to life as normal, he might just decide it is not worth his time.  I would not blame him.

And worse yet, the corrupt media will be ruthless.  Now we all know he has nothing but scorn for these wankers, but one does get to a point where if you cannot line them up and deal with them as they well deserve, then who needs their bullsh*t.  For their inappropriate behavior, many should have been tossed from the Press Corp long ago.  The lack of integrity and professionalism is tiresome.

So, should Trump say no, then I like Noem for one more key reason, she is not a stinking lawyer.  I have zero love for lawyers.  Now, Desantis, I like him, but he is a Harvard lawyer, and I think Harvard is a school I would like to see slide in regard within America, for I believe it is grossly overrated.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 09:44:48 pm »
Candace Owens is talking about throwing in her hat, too. Not sure if she's serious or not, though ....
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2021, 12:22:19 am »
Well, Noem would now be out for me; she favors pathway for illegals to citizenship.  She is considered a libertarian conservative.  Her stance on other issues (link below).

I won't be voting GOP anyways.  The party deserves to die.  A new party and renewed constitutional gov't needs to be inserted.

https://www.ontheissues.org/house/Kristi_Noem.htm

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2021, 12:27:17 am »
Shrugs  :shrug:

Can't say yet... I LIKE that she stood directly in libertarianism in a maelstrom against it and would_not_move. That speaks of character. But I don't get distracted by shiny things. I can applaud it for sure, but how is she doing on budget? Where is she on defense and moral issues? Because I will not settle for less than the whole enchilada.

@roamer_1  article on budget:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/08/read-gov-kristi-noems-full-budget-address-south-dakota-legislature/6494471002/

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2021, 02:03:54 am »
Well, Noem would now be out for me; she favors pathway for illegals to citizenship.  She is considered a libertarian conservative.  Her stance on other issues (link below).

**nononono*

@roamer_1  article on budget:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/08/read-gov-kristi-noems-full-budget-address-south-dakota-legislature/6494471002/

NOPE. Full_Dead_Stop. 'Path to Citizenship' is a non-starter. *NOT* libertarian, *NOT* law and order. Hence I have no interest in her budget or anything else.

Tough sh*t, there it is.  :shrug:

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2021, 02:18:34 pm »

I didn't say everyone, only it seemed bad form for this topic at this time on a relatively conservative forum.

Or, are you feeling guilty?

When I kid, you will know it.

Slide Rule

Recommended

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2021, 03:21:20 pm »

I didn't say everyone, only it seemed bad form for this topic at this time on a relatively conservative forum.

Or, are you feeling guilty?

When I kid, you will know it.

Slide Rule

Feeling Guilty?  I posted this list earlier and the thread, and stand by it, as the best choices we got right now.

1. Cotton
2. Cruz
3. DeSantis
4. Hawley
5. Noem

If we can get one of these 5 to run  with wisdom and demeanor of Reagan, while having Trump bamblast the opposition...  In a fair election, we would win in a landslide.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2021, 03:28:25 pm »
**nononono*

NOPE. Full_Dead_Stop. 'Path to Citizenship' is a non-starter. *NOT* libertarian, *NOT* law and order. Hence I have no interest in her budget or anything else.

Tough sh*t, there it is.  :shrug:

Absolutely agree.  The GOP needs a solid conservative; the DEMS and the GOPe will never allow the 5 listed to stand a chance of being nominated.  Above all, obviously, we need a fair election otherwise regardless who the GOP runs is a mute issue.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:29:55 pm by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2021, 03:30:56 pm »
Absolutely agree.  The GOP needs a solid conservative; the DEMS and the GOPe will never allow the 5 listed to stand a chance of being nominated.  Above all, obviously, we need a fair election otherwise regardless who the GOP runs is a mute issue.

That's all right.  :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2021, 03:31:39 pm »

Exactly, when they pulled off this coup, they realized this could be done with a squelched  opposition.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 03:33:09 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2021, 03:32:22 pm »
Anyone but Trump. And reminder that I voted for him twice.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2021, 08:01:11 pm »
Feeling Guilty?  I posted this list earlier and the thread, and stand by it, as the best choices we got right now.

1. Cotton
2. Cruz
3. DeSantis
4. Hawley
5. Noem

If we can get one of these 5 to run  with wisdom and demeanor of Reagan, while having Trump bamblast the opposition...  In a fair election, we would win in a landslide.

I hate it when a partial post disappears.  Try again.

There seem to be many qualifications in you post.

The Marxists would treat any other candidate better than they have treated Trump?
They have gained power from their steal. What would be the incentive to welcome a Reagan look or sound alike?
I doubt the present Marxists would welcome anyone you could pick, or worse anyone I could pick.

They are not going by the Constitution, by precedence, nor by civility.  I expect that to continue and escallate.
On that basis, we need as dangerous a person as can be elected. Not dangerous because of what he would do,
but dangerous of what he is capable of doing.  Lefties in history respect power.

We need the most powerful candidate we can find. I doubt a strong candidate would assume a cheerleader role.

We still have the issue of a rigged election with voting machines connected to the internet. This has installed leaders
worldwide that appeal to the left.  Why would they abandon such a system.

We need to put their dicks in a vice and tighten it all the way.

I think we have similar goals. If you are a never Trumper then this conversation is over.

It is my goal to have free elections without someones hand adjusting the numbers.
It is also my goal to prosecute, and execute those found guilty of treason.

Enough.

Recommended

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2021, 08:31:02 pm »

I hate it when a partial post disappears.  Try again.

There seem to be many qualifications in you post.

The Marxists would treat any other candidate better than they have treated Trump?
They have gained power from their steal. What would be the incentive to welcome a Reagan look or sound alike?
I doubt the present Marxists would welcome anyone you could pick, or worse anyone I could pick.

They are not going by the Constitution, by precedence, nor by civility.  I expect that to continue and escallate.
On that basis, we need as dangerous a person as can be elected. Not dangerous because of what he would do,
but dangerous of what he is capable of doing.  Lefties in history respect power.

We need the most powerful candidate we can find. I doubt a strong candidate would assume a cheerleader role.

We still have the issue of a rigged election with voting machines connected to the internet. This has installed leaders
worldwide that appeal to the left.  Why would they abandon such a system.

We need to put their dicks in a vice and tighten it all the way.

I think we have similar goals. If you are a never Trumper then this conversation is over.

It is my goal to have free elections without someones hand adjusting the numbers.
It is also my goal to prosecute, and execute those found guilty of treason.

Enough.

What part of the post disappeared? I replied with no adjustments?   ???????

I get your drift.  You want and only want a guy who will be well in his  '80's as he leaves office,  if he is elected in 2024.

I OTOH, prefer a more practical and plausible approach that infuses new blood in the tenants of putting America First concepts that DJT started.  We got an upcoming Octogenarian drooler in there right now.  No thanks.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2021, 09:59:30 pm »
Trump is not the only one capable. Insisting he is isn't realistic.

This is why we get stamped as Trump cultists.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2021, 05:02:05 am »

1. Cotton
2. Cruz
3. DeSantis
4. Hawley
5. Noem

Whatever the case, now is the time to start looking, not two or three years from now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2021, 12:24:26 pm »
What part of the post disappeared? I replied with no adjustments?   ???????

I get your drift.  You want and only want a guy who will be well in his  '80's as he leaves office,  if he is elected in 2024.

I OTOH, prefer a more practical and plausible approach that infuses new blood in the tenants of putting America First concepts that DJT started.  We got an upcoming Octogenarian drooler in there right now.  No thanks.

My original draft disappeared, so I had to do it over.

I would prefer the knowledge of a successful 80 year old, to someone without the knowledge and fantastic health.
I doubt you get my drift.

Trump is a remarkable person.  If he ran out of his basement, then I might agree.

There is no way he wouldn't be tested by other conservatives, and the media.
He would have to pass the test. The media would notice if Trump drooled.

The 2024 election is way off and much can happen until then. In the meantime, give Trump the respect he has earned.

Disrespect was the reason for my first post below.

Slide Rule

Recommended