Author Topic: THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF ENFORCING HR 127 PART I  (Read 689 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF ENFORCING HR 127 PART I
« on: February 07, 2021, 03:03:24 am »
Backwoods Home 2/6/2021

HR 127 will, if enacted, require registration of all firearms and all firearms owners, licensing for firearms owners subject to psychological evaluations, and serious criminal liability for failure to comply, along with some other prohibitionist fantasies.

One gets the distinct impression of every bit of prohibitionist wishful thinking thrown together in a box, with little if any thought to consequences, implementation, and so on

There are many things to consider, about which the prohibitionists are conspicuously silent. The bill calls for registration of all firearms, which thinking Americans have always resisted because history shows that such registration always precedes and facilitates confiscation.  There is another, lesser-known reason why we oppose gun registration: The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that it does not apply to actual felons! The reason is that since the convicted felon’s possession of a firearm is already illegal, requiring him to register it violates his rights against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment. See Haynes v. United States.

(And logic tells any thinking person that the criminal, by definition a lawbreaker already, is most unlikely to obey a registration law.  Thus, the only people in line to be punished for failure to register would be the hitherto completely law-abiding citizen.)

HR 127 would require a psychological evaluation not only for the gun owner, but for every member of their household who might have access to the licensed individual’s firearms.  There are an estimated 328 million people in this country. One study indicates 43% of American households contain firearms.

Just doing some very rough preliminary math, that would come out to more that 141 million people who would require psyche tests.  Who could administer those?

More: https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/the-impossibility-of-enforcing-hr-127-part-i/

Offline mountaineer

Re: THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF ENFORCING HR 127 PART I
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 11:36:12 pm »

New Bill Would Essentially Criminalize Private Gun Ownership in the United States
By Jordan Epperson -
February 8, 2021
A new bill that has been proposed by Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) would effectively criminalize private gun ownership throughout the United States. H.R. 127, also referred to as the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act, would be the most radical gun control reform that the United States has ever seen if passed. The bill is named in memory of Sabika Sheik, a Pakistani foreign exchange student that died in a school shooting in 2018.

The bill can be found HERE.

Some of the main points within the bill include:

Requiring a license to own any firearm or ammunition
    Requiring a 24 hour class to be certified with a firearm
    Raising the age to purchase a firearm to 21
    Requiring a government mandated psychological evaluation to own a firearm
    Requiring an additional license and psychological evaluation to own a “military-style” weapon
    Further bans on certain ammunitions designated by the ATF
    Requiring a mandatory firearm liability insurance, requiring $800 paid to the Attorney General’s Office every year
    Creating a national firearms database open to the public, that anyone can access and see what firearms a person possesses and where they keep them
    The federal government can decline the ability to own a firearm to anyone they deem a risk

If this bill is signed into law, violators will face a minimum of $75,000 in fines and 15 years in prison and a maximum penalty of $100,000 in fines and 25 years in prison.  ...
More at Breaking 911
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 12:10:24 am »
Backwoods Home 2/6/2021

HR 127 will, if enacted, require registration of all firearms and all firearms owners, licensing for firearms owners subject to psychological evaluations, and serious criminal liability for failure to comply, along with some other prohibitionist fantasies.

One gets the distinct impression of every bit of prohibitionist wishful thinking thrown together in a box, with little if any thought to consequences, implementation, and so on

There are many things to consider, about which the prohibitionists are conspicuously silent. The bill calls for registration of all firearms, which thinking Americans have always resisted because history shows that such registration always precedes and facilitates confiscation.  There is another, lesser-known reason why we oppose gun registration: The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that it does not apply to actual felons! The reason is that since the convicted felon’s possession of a firearm is already illegal, requiring him to register it violates his rights against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment. See Haynes v. United States.

(And logic tells any thinking person that the criminal, by definition a lawbreaker already, is most unlikely to obey a registration law.  Thus, the only people in line to be punished for failure to register would be the hitherto completely law-abiding citizen.)

HR 127 would require a psychological evaluation not only for the gun owner, but for every member of their household who might have access to the licensed individual’s firearms.  There are an estimated 328 million people in this country. One study indicates 43% of American households contain firearms.

Just doing some very rough preliminary math, that would come out to more that 141 million people who would require psyche tests.  Who could administer those?

More: https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/the-impossibility-of-enforcing-hr-127-part-i/

Ok, potentially 141 million people would require psych tests but a much quicker way (and this has been brought up before) would be to eliminate those on any type of psych drug be it for anxiety/stress pain or off label from owning or carrying a firearm. In doing so, they just eliminated a whole lot of people who wouldn't have to be evaluated; they would just be automatically excluded from owning a firearm.  All the govt has to do is require doctors to file and submit a form with the patients name and prescribed drug from the list of drugs that the gov't deems as a drug that prohibits gun ownership and that eliminate having a psych evaluation. Gun confiscation to follow...if you want to continue to be able to be prescribed xyz drug, you would have to turn over your firearms.  Truly not gun confiscation, but making people choose between having pain relief, anxiety relief , etc. or owning a firearm.

Medical marijuana then you say?  If I remember reading correctly, in order to get a card from the dr., you are prohibited from getting a concealed carry and not allowed firearms.

HIPPA laws only protect privacy unless the gov't or law enforcement has a necessity to your information.

Those who want to purchase a firearm may have to go through evaluation, but if they are on a common psych or pain drug; forget it.  They won't qualify.

Just some stats (during COVID) from last year February 16 to March 15.

More than three quarters (78%) of all antidepressant, antianxiety and anti-insomnia prescriptions filled during the week ending  March 15th (the peak week) were for new prescriptions.
    The percent increase in the number of new prescriptions  between the week of February 16 and week ending March 15 for the all three categories was 25.4%
    The percent increase in the number of new prescriptions between the week of February 16 and week ending March 15 for anti-anxiety medications was 37.7%

Big brother strikes yet again!

https://www.express-scripts.com/corporate/americas-state-of-mind-report
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 12:29:29 am »
Ok, potentially 141 million people would require psych tests but a much quicker way (and this has been brought up before) would be to eliminate those on any type of psych drug be it for anxiety/stress pain or off label from owning or carrying a firearm. In doing so, they just eliminated a whole lot of people who wouldn't have to be evaluated; they would just be automatically excluded from owning a firearm.
A few years ago, I complained of not being able to sleep, due to severe back pain. The dr. prescribed an anti-depressant, Amitriptyline (aka Elavil). It occurred to me that the gubmint - given the power - could look at my Rx records and conclude I was mentally unstable and had to surrender all guns. I doubt any gubmint gun grabbing official would grasp the finer point of, "No, I'm not crazy, I just want to get some sleep!"

I directed the pharmacy not to refill the Rx. I still have a few pills left, but at the rate of taking one or two a month, they'll last a long time - and I will make sure not to get a Rx for anything like them, ever again. The back pain is as bad as ever, and sleeping still is difficult, but the "solution" is not worth losing my Second Amendment rights.  :crying:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:48:38 am »
A few years ago, I complained of not being able to sleep, due to severe back pain. The dr. prescribed an anti-depressant, Amitriptyline (aka Elavil). It occurred to me that the gubmint - given the power - could look at my Rx records and conclude I was mentally unstable and had to surrender all guns. I doubt any gubmint gun grabbing official would grasp the finer point of, "No, I'm not crazy, I just want to get some sleep!"

I directed the pharmacy not to refill the Rx. I still have a few pills left, but at the rate of taking one or two a month, they'll last a long time - and I will make sure not to get a Rx for anything like them, ever again. The back pain is as bad as ever, and sleeping still is difficult, but the "solution" is not worth losing my Second Amendment rights.  :crying:

I was prescribed amitriptyline for interstitial cystitis, it didn't work.  I haven't refilled it.  I have valium not for pain but for the interstitial cystitis.  The gov't will be coming for me.  I have gabapentin for nerve pain caused by Tarlov cysts on the spinal nerve roots, it masks the pain somewhat and makes it halfway tolerable. Yep ... I know... just a matter of time.  They say people don't die of pain, but die of pain's complications.  I just keep praying.  I also take rosuvastatin every other day; Big Brother will find a way to put that on the list -- millions are on statins.

BTW -- Healing prayers up for you @mountaineer.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 02:41:41 am »
Thank you, @libertybele , and you will be in my prayers. Pain is annoying enough without having to worry about a knock on the door, "Hand over your guns."  **nononono*

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 04:30:10 am »

There are many drugs that have multiple uses even though they are anti depressant or anti anxiety drugs. The sleep aid I take to help with my Apnea is Trazadone which can also be used as a anti depressant, then there is Cyclobenzaprine I take for muscle spasms that is also used as a antidepressant.  I also take Gabapentin which , you guessed it can also be used as a anti depressant. Now I freely admit to being messed up but depressed I aint'. If the left starts trying to deny people their 2nd Amendment based on the meds they are prescribed it will get ugly. I wonder how many more women are prescribed anti depressants/anxiety medication than men, that ought go  over real well with women that need to be able to defend themselves.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 08:49:25 pm »
I find it highly ironic that Libs want to impose requirements on you and I for gun ownership that they themselves couldn't pass.

Especially the psych exam.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!